SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SHIII Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 09-25-20, 11:26 PM   #316
Fifi
Navy Seal

Downloads: 452
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeniorChiefChef View Post
Hi, guys. I don't think anyone else has expressed an issue with this -- or I just didn't search for it fully enough -- but I just want to confirm that what I'm experiencing is part of the ARB WideGUI 1980x1080 mod. It seems the periscope and free camera blur when cruising at any speed above Ahead Slow / 4 knots?

If possible, what would I edit to remove the blur from the Free Camera?
As said Stork, it’s coming from Hsie patch and it is tied to free external camera, but with no way to unties it...
You can stop this effect by unchecking the option Periscope Fix in Hsie (via the option selector) If you don’t like it, or adjust the speed of this effect to your liking in Hsie.ini with notepad (the file should be at game root)

Fifi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-20, 06:15 AM   #317
SeniorChiefChef
Swabbie

Downloads: 41

Thanks, guys.

Another question:

I would like to try to put the Attack Scope Reticule in makman94's MaGui mod, into the the ARB WideGUI mod. Silly me, I thought it would be just a matter of copying either the manos7 or manos8 .tgas, rename one of them to AttackScopeReticule, and that'd be that.

I'm hoping someone can point me toward any other .tgas and whatever .cfgs I need to edit to make the swap.

MaGUI Reticle:

Default/ ARB WideGUI Reticle:

SeniorChiefChef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-20, 07:24 AM   #318
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy
Downloads: 22

Default Welcome aboard!

SeniorChiefChef!

"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human squirrelyness; and I'm not too sure about the Universe"
Aktungbby is online   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-20, 09:40 AM   #319
SeniorChiefChef
Swabbie

Downloads: 41
Default Thanks!

Thank you, Aktungbby!

SeniorChiefChef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-20, 01:11 PM   #320
Anvar1061
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 843

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeniorChiefChef View Post
I'm hoping someone can point me toward any other .tgas and whatever .cfgs I need to edit to make the swap.

https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/sho...8&postcount=10
Old 10-04-20, 06:32 AM   #321
Silverion93
Nub

Downloads: 5
Default Double Map Bug

Hi Guys!

During my playthrough and a lot of modding it happened that there are 2 overlapping maps that make my game completely shiet,how can i resolve this?

Thanks!
Silverion93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-20, 02:03 PM   #322
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy
Downloads: 22

Default Welcome aboard!

Silverion93!

"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human squirrelyness; and I'm not too sure about the Universe"
Aktungbby is online   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-20, 04:42 PM   #323
Silverion93
Nub

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kplt. Klaus Bartels View Post
So... ähm... looks like I didn't install this mod properly. I simply installed it via JSGME and did not run the batch file instead of the way explained in the first post.

Making it look like this.

I installed it the way I did (except for forgeting the Tycho.bat) because it is the same order as stated by wolfpack 345 in his video descriptions:

*MODS*** (In install order)
**Grey Wolves Expansion
*Sh3 Commander
Thomsen's Sound Pack V3.2cg
Rbs1_SH4_Effects_GWX_30_71
Rapt0r's Uniforms V2.0 [Grey]
Rapt0r's Uniforms V2.0 [Grey - All Leather]
Patch Rubini´s Underwater dust&plancton v1
M.E.P v6
Optional - ShipVanishingHull for MEP v6
Optional - FSF for MEP v6
TKSS18 German U-Boats Compilation No Eagle
German U-Boats Compilation 2 (only VIIB & VIIC models by WISE)
U-Boot 7c-II
FixAllSubGWX
ARB WideGui 1920x1080 V3
Adaptation for English & Deutsch
Sh3_volumetric_clouds&fog_V2.2
Ricks_GWX_Rec_Man_Final
M.E.P v6- VisualSensors for GWX3
H.sie Hard-coded fixes.

Can I still fix this, without removing all mods? If not, what would be the proper order of installation to get ARB running correctly?

Hey i've got the same ****ty problem, did u find a solution to this "Double Map Mumbo Jumbo"?
Silverion93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-20, 03:05 AM   #324
Anvar1061
Ocean Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverion93 View Post
Hey i've got the same ****ty problem, did u find a solution to this "Double Map Mumbo Jumbo"?

https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/sho...21&postcount=2
https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/sho...62&postcount=8

Last edited by Anvar1061; 10-06-20 at 03:47 AM.
Anvar1061 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-20, 04:53 AM   #325
Orffen
Mate

Downloads: 214

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverion93 View Post
You have to apply the TychoSh3Patch_v3 that's included with ARB WideGui v0.3.0 - if you try and use the latest Tycho patch it won't work.
Old 10-15-20, 11:17 AM   #326
Melonfish
XO

Downloads: 106

Bit of help if poss chaps,
Running this mod i'm all zoomed in, like i'm stuck in the bottom left of the screen at old res size, yet without running this mod i'm working fine at 1920 x 1080.
what am i doing wrong here?

This mod didn't seem to do the res fix direct so I have ran the SP2 rez fix, like i say without this mod enabled everything runs normally, with this mod enabled i'm zoomed in on the bottom left of the screen and missing options on menu screens etc.

i've missed something I know I have but damned if I know what?

Edit: Screenshot https://i.imgur.com/73M24PP.jpg

Last edited by Melonfish; 10-16-20 at 02:28 AM.
Melonfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-20, 09:22 AM   #327
Professor M
Sailor man

Downloads: 55
Uploads: 2
Icon9 Solved!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4H_Ccrashh View Post
I've been out of the loop for years and came back two weeks ago when I saw a video on Youtube of a guy attacking a convoy in SH3. It blew me away the improved graphics and widescreen.

I dug out my old SH3 game and installed it only to have my Windows 7 tell me it cannot run the game. We've all seen the error, about how the game only works in XP etc etc...

I poured through forums and despite my many tries I could not get the game to load. Fortunately for me there was STEAM and $3.95 later I was ready.

Of course when I started the game I got the "Cannot Initialize 3D".

I remembered long ago that I had to drop my desktop resolution and the game would start. This I did, The max resolution I can get and still have the game start is 1600 x 900.

So, 1st hurdle down, the game was running.

With the widescreen monitor it looked squashed. I could adjust the monitor and set my display to 4:3 but I HAD to have that pretty widescreen.

I am a reasonably intelligent, bi-pedal, carbon based unit with opposing thumbs so I thought "How hard can this be?"

I downloaded ARB WideGui 1920x1080 with associated files (I thought) and I did get the game to look great but my navigational map was messed up. I had two maps side by side and neither was accurate.

I held my nose and dove back in the forums and tried everything I could find.
Talk about confusing.

I was searching through threads that were many years old.
Threads with links to other posts,, what this guy tried and that guy tried and where this file was needed but the other guy said he got it to work by doing this or that with a link to yet another forum thread with links to even more files. Many of the links to get files to "fix" the problem were no longer valid.
If I had a dollar for every Error #404 "file not found" I'd have enough money to hire some dude from the Best Buy's "Geek Squad" to fix problem.

I was ready to go all "Elvis Presley" on my computer. (Elvis Presley, an American Rock and Roll singer from back in the 1950's who shot his TV, am I dating myself? )

It took a few days and lots of beer (for nerves)but FINALLY, it was working.
Problem is, when I was done I had been through so many forums, been on many tangents that I could not for the life of me remember how I got where I was with a working game. If my computer were to crash and I wanted to set up SH3 I'd be up the proverbial effluent estuary without a means of locomotion. I needed to duplicate my success and write it all down.

There was no easy VERY BASIC step by step guide. so I thought I'd write one. I hope this helps........

Thank you SO much for your installation guide, 4H_Ccrashh.

My story is almost identical to your own, from playing SH3 many years ago, watching Wolfpack345 videos on YouTube and frantically searching the web for the files and instructions. I had tried several times to get it working until I found your guide on page 11.

Now, I can begin my hunting once again

FYI: I have SH3 installed from disc, not Steam, and your instructions still work fine. The only differences being that I skipped steps 5 and 6 (despite your warning) as I didn't require the V16B1-Patch (HSIE) - I know what you mean about trying to find that one!

Also, I installed GWX 3.0 afterwards and all I had to do was follow the instructions given in the GWX install about rolling back (removing) all mods using JSGME before installing GWX. This only involved the two ARB WideGui mods and putting them back in the same order as originaly instructed, once GWX had finished installing.

So, many thanks for your help and, if I may point out an irony, your instructions were also difficult to find. I only came across them by reading through all the pages in this thread. I am sure others would be grateful if they were made easier to find.

Commence basking!!!

OK, Perhaps I spoke too soon. The 1920x1080 mod worked but, like many others, I am still not able to replicate the quality of the image seen in Wolpack345's YouTube vid's. I have rebuilt SH3 many times (with and without GWX and/or Commander) but cannot get close. I have tried the same mod's as WP345 and this is as close as I can get:
MineProf 2.jpg WP345WP345 2.jpg MineProf 3.jpg WP345WP345 3.jpg

Mods list:
Prof 4.jpg

I get the feeling that I am missing something obvious but can't see the woods for the trees . Unfortunatly, I don't get an awful lot of time to chase this up (too many papers to grade/mark) so i would appreciate some help.

If you think this would be better as a new post I can do that.

Many thanks in advance.

Prof.

Happy Days! In the hour since I wrote the above plea I found the problem. It was an un-zipping mess-up. Two of my folders were un-zipped incorrectly (my fault). Both TKSS18 German U-Boats Compilation folders had another folder within them of the same name. The data folders were in the second level folder . A stupid fumble when I switched from BreeZip to WinRar for un-zipping.

I will leave this up in case someone else finds it useful.

Now I have to do a final, clean install and then I have some beans to serve.

Last edited by Professor M; 11-10-20 at 12:36 PM. Reason: Problem solved.
Professor M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-20, 01:14 PM   #328
Japcsali
Nub

Hi, sorry for reviving an old thread, but is there now a solution which doesn't include additional mods?
Japcsali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-20, 02:11 AM   #329
Anvar1061
Ocean Warrior

https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/sho...d.php?t=247186
Old 11-14-20, 07:24 AM   #330
Professor M
Sailor man

Downloads: 55
Uploads: 2
Default Amazing looks!

Very impressive I will follow the development with interest. Any chance that it will be able to be used with auto' targeting at some point in the future? I like my crew to manage some of the tasks because there would be no need for them otherwise.

Also, I am particularly keen to see how compatible it is with other mods such as the German U-Boats Compilation.

Well done, Kaleun.

Professor M is offline   Reply With Quote