SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH4 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 10-07-20, 01:25 AM   #1
Capt Codetrucker
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:
Default Corrupted? SH4 Corruption Management System v1.5

I have tried to download and use Rockin Robbin's, "Silent Hunter 4 Corruption Management System v1,5" mod. Please consider this one of two things...

1. Notification to SUBSIM the download is corrupted.

2. A request for assistance. If someone has the non-corrupted zip of the mod I can PM my email address.

Here is the link to the SUBSIM download...
https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/dow...o=file&id=5125

Thanks.
Old 10-07-20, 09:24 AM   #2
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 439
Uploads: 2

I just downloaded it again from your link, and it downloaded fine. I ran the 7Zip "Test Archive", and it reported no errors. I un-zipped it and it extracted fine. I looked at the batch files, and they all look fine. What makes you suspect that it is corrupted?

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-20, 09:12 PM   #3
Capt Codetrucker
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
Originally Posted by propbeanie View Post
I un-zipped it and it extracted fine. I looked at the batch files, and they all look fine. What makes you suspect that it is corrupted?
Details in spoiler to save space...

! C:\Users\cjw\Downloads\SH4CMS v1.5(1).7z: Unknown method in SH4CMS v1.5\SH4CMS Instructions.pdf
! C:\Users\cjw\Downloads\SH4CMS v1.5(1).7z: Unknown method in SH4CMS v1.5\SH4CorruptionManagmentSystem\JSGME.ini
! C:\Users\cjw\Downloads\SH4CMS v1.5(1).7z: Unknown method in SH4CMS v1.5\SH4CorruptionManagmentSystem\MakeGameDirector ies.bat
! C:\Users\cjw\Downloads\SH4CMS v1.5(1).7z: Unknown method in SH4CMS v1.5\SH4CorruptionManagmentSystem\MakeSH4Pristine. bat
! C:\Users\cjw\Downloads\SH4CMS v1.5(1).7z: Unknown method in SH4CMS v1.5\SH4CorruptionManagmentSystem\menu.bat
! C:\Users\cjw\Downloads\SH4CMS v1.5(1).7z: Unknown method in SH4CMS v1.5\SH4CorruptionManagmentSystem\MultiSH4ReadMe.h tm
! C:\Users\cjw\Downloads\SH4CMS v1.5(1).7z: Unknown method in SH4CMS v1.5\SH4CorruptionManagmentSystem\StartSH4CMS.bat
! C:\Users\cjw\Downloads\SH4CMS v1.5(1).7z: Unknown method in SH4CMS v1.5\SH4CorruptionManagmentSystem\WebsterFix.bat
! C:\Users\cjw\Downloads\SH4CMS v1.5(1).7z: Unknown method in SH4CMS v1.5\SH4CorruptionManagmentSystem\JSGME.exe
! C:\Users\cjw\Downloads\SH4CMS v1.5(1).7z: Unknown method in SH4CMS v1.5\SH4CorruptionManagmentSystem\Large Address Aware2_0_4.exe
! C:\Users\cjw\Downloads\SH4CMS v1.5(1).7z: Unknown method in SH4CMS v1.5\SH4CorruptionManagmentSystem\MultiSH41.5.exe

A whole list of errors from WinRAR when I extracted. I'm still trying to ferret this out.
Old 10-08-20, 12:18 AM   #4
propbeanie

Try 7-Zip instead, and see if it works better.

Old 10-08-20, 01:19 AM   #5
Capt Codetrucker
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
Try 7-Zip instead, and see if it works better.

Thanks. I'll give it a whirl.

[Edit]
That worked! Thanks!
[/Edit]
Old 10-08-20, 03:39 AM   #6
Capt Codetrucker
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

It appears this is no longer an issue. The "SH4 Corruption Management System" appears to have incompatibility with Steam SH4. There are some things which makes the SH4CMS work which SH4 Steam cannot digest and visa versa.

This is the end of this effort unless someone who uses SH4 Steam can verify the combination works.

Thanks for the help.
Old 10-08-20, 09:54 AM   #7
propbeanie

It does work, but you have to edit the batch files to match your game's path. Also, dependent upon which OS you use and the way things are set-up between it and Steam, you might have to add the games to the Steam Start menu, and use that to start the game, allowing it to go through the Steam licensing check. You can also then create desktop short-cuts in Steam, but you do have to change the batch file to reflect, as an example:

"D:\Games \Steam \SteamApps \common \Silent Hunter Wolves of the Pacific"

so the CMS can find where your game is. It is probably easier to just create your own "archive" of the Steam install of the game with 7-Zip or WinRAR, as it is to create one with CMS, due to the Steam folder structure...

Generally speaking, it is best to leave the original Steam install (outside of the Program Files folders, of course) alone, and just make copies of that, placed in new folders of your own naming in that same "common" folder, and mod those...

Old 10-08-20, 04:18 PM   #8
Capt Codetrucker
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
It does work, but...

I will try again with your guidance. Thanks.
Old 10-08-20, 08:30 PM   #9
Capt Codetrucker
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

@propbeanie,

It took some time to figure things out, but I did get the paths pointed to the right target.

I do have a question about mods. Am I supposed to make another snapshot or perform some other function each time I add a mod(s)?

[Edit - I am happy to report the SH4CMS is running, hot, straight, and normal. Thanks for the assistance.]

Last edited by Capt Codetrucker; 10-09-20 at 02:27 AM.