SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Modern-Era Subsims > Dangerous Waters > Sub Command, Fleet Command, & Jane's 688(I)
Forget password? Reset here

Old 06-27-17, 06:34 PM   #1
GatlingPL
Nub

Downloads: 27
Uploads: 0
Icon9 Data Display Indicator (DDI) not displaying anything [Image Incl.]

Hey guys

I recently bought Sub Command on Steam. Even though I'm running Sub Command on Windows 10 I had no problems with launching the game. The only problem I have is that the Data Display Indicator (DDI) does not display anything and is just a blank field.

I look for a solution to my problem and Subsim Forums seems the only reasonable place to do so. I would really appreciate if you could help me guys.

Some specs:
  • CPU: AMD FX(tm)-6350 Six-Core Processor 3.90 GHz
  • GPU: AMD Radeon (TM) R9 380x 4GB
  • RAM: 8GB

Best wishes,
Skipper In Need
GatlingPL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-17, 12:50 PM   #2
Captain Hammered
Seaman

Downloads: 18

Don't worry Captain, all systems are in good shape! The DDI is doing exactly what it's supposed to. It's important to remember that unlike the 3D image in 688(I) the DDI is NOT an accurate picture of your surroundings; it is a representation of what your sensors detect. The target you have selected has not yet been identified, so all you get is a rough position and a low confidence rating. Since you have yet to establish range it's really just a direction until more data becomes available. As you gather information on a target the image will change - first to a general surface/subsurface contact, then to a type (Merchant/Warship etc.), finally to the specific kind of vessel. Its position will change as well as its range and speed are calculated. By the time you know exactly what the target is, the confidence bar will be high, the image in the window will show the proper vessel and the map pip will show its proper range and speed - right up until the last update, of course.

Cheers Captain! And happy hunting.

Last edited by Captain Hammered; 06-28-17 at 01:15 PM.
Captain Hammered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-17, 01:54 PM   #3
GatlingPL
Nub

Downloads: 27
Icon9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Hammered View Post
Don't worry Captain, all systems are in good shape! The DDI is doing exactly what it's supposed to. It's important to remember that unlike the 3D image in 688(I) the DDI is NOT an accurate picture of your surroundings; it is a representation of what your sensors detect. The target you have selected has not yet been identified, so all you get is a rough position and a low confidence rating. Since you have yet to establish range it's really just a direction until more data becomes available. As you gather information on a target the image will change - first to a general surface/subsurface contact, then to a type (Merchant/Warship etc.), finally to the specific kind of vessel. Its position will change as well as its range and speed are calculated. By the time you know exactly what the target is, the confidence bar will be high, the image in the window will show the proper vessel and the map pip will show its proper range and speed - right up until the last update, of course.

Cheers Captain! And happy hunting.
Sorry, but I don't think you understood my problem. Data Display Indicator (DDI) is not (according to game's manual) the 3D representation of what the crew believes is the contact in the upper right corner, but the (in my case blank, plain grey) field in the upper left corner.

No information is displayed there no matter what, even when I click on my own submarine.

Here's what it's supposed to look like:

GatlingPL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-17, 02:11 PM   #4
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy
Downloads: 22

Default welcome aboard firsttime poster!

GatlingPL!

"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human squirrelyness; and I'm not too sure about the Universe"
Aktungbby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-17, 02:14 PM   #5
p7p8
Seasoned Skipper

Downloads: 136
Uploads: 6

The same problem have my friend in DW on Win10, but when 3D view is on full screen and map in top-right window, DDI shows all info.
p7p8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-17, 03:04 PM   #6
Captain Hammered
Seaman

Downloads: 18
Default Major facepalm

Sorry about that!
I saw the first image and jumped to conclusions a bit; it's something I had problems with when the thing first came out.
I'll take a look when I get home but in the meantime I'll see if I cant find a crowbar to remove the proverbial foot from the old mouth. (sigh)
Cheers!
Captain Hammered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-19, 12:01 PM   #7
Sosondowah
Watch

Downloads: 20

I had the same problem, I've solved it via some help:

https://sourceforge.net/p/dxwnd/disc...973a/?limit=25

Last edited by Sosondowah; 09-18-19 at 10:06 AM.
Sosondowah is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ddi, sub command