SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH5 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 05-01-15, 09:57 AM   #1
Rock Knocker
Watch

Downloads: 10
Uploads: 0
Default Wolves of Steel campaign

Could someone explain the campaign to me????

A lot of the time I spend the required amount of time in my patrol area and it never advances to my next patrol area. A lot of the time I cant go to the harbor and end my patrol.

I've restarted the campaign multiple times to try to figure out what in the heck to do but there is very little info given about what to do for the campaign.
Rock Knocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-15, 10:36 AM   #2
maillemaker
Sea Lord

Downloads: 75

I'm brand new, but here's the gist of what I understand:

All of the "missions" are controlled by date - not by your progress in the game.

So if you go into port before a mission is available, then it's possible no missions will be available. So if you wrap up a previous mission ahead of time, you might not have another mission available when you go back to port.

I guess you could just sail back out and make up your own mission? Presumably ships still spawn to sink?

Steve
maillemaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-15, 12:34 PM   #3
THE_MASK
Ace of the deep .

Downloads: 901
Uploads: 73

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock Knocker View Post
Could someone explain the campaign to me????

A lot of the time I spend the required amount of time in my patrol area and it never advances to my next patrol area. A lot of the time I cant go to the harbor and end my patrol.

I've restarted the campaign multiple times to try to figure out what in the heck to do but there is very little info given about what to do for the campaign.
Unfortunately you have to play continuously for 48 hours game time for the game to recognise you have been in your patrol area for 48 hours . If you save and reload then the time starts again from zero hours .

Last edited by THE_MASK; 05-01-15 at 12:40 PM.
THE_MASK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-15, 01:23 PM   #4
Husksubsky
XO

Downloads: 254

Its confusing that we use different terms about same stuff.I know it says missions are controlled by date but thats what the map call Macroobjectives. Missions arewhat we choose on map.second time I mention this topic, sorry, but I do see misunderstandings. And I misunderstood myself
Husksubsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-15, 06:47 PM   #5
THEBERBSTER
Growing Old Disgracefully

Downloads: 1123

If you put your problems and queries on the TWOS thread you will help to keep everything in one place.

The Wolves Of Steel Thread. (TWOS) (Posts 1 & 2 By vdr1981

Subscribe to this and use the last page.

Peter

THEBERBSTER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-15, 11:14 PM   #6
Rock Knocker
Watch

Ok, so when I load a game I restart the patrol clock... Thanks for that answer.

I was also wondering what happens when you empty all of your torpedoes into a convoy on the first day and need to leave that patrol area to resupply.

And the amount of tonnage is the only thing that matters...? Nothing to do with accomplishing the assigned patrol areas?

Sometimes I head back to base to try to end my patrol to switch to the Scapa Flow sink a battle ship mission but I can't end my patrol and switch from the Eastern England mission.
Old 05-01-15, 11:22 PM   #7
THE_MASK
Ace of the deep .

Quote:
Ok, so when I load a game I restart the patrol clock... Thanks for that answer.

I was also wondering what happens when you empty all of your torpedoes into a convoy on the first day and need to leave that patrol area to resupply.

And the amount of tonnage is the only thing that matters...? Nothing to do with accomplishing the assigned patrol areas?

Sometimes I head back to base to try to end my patrol to switch to the Scapa Flow sink a battle ship mission but I can't end my patrol and switch from the Eastern England mission.
Has your base changed to Wilhelmshaven ?
Old 05-02-15, 09:14 AM   #8
Rock Knocker
Watch

I started a new campaign but i remember I checked and I was at the port that the radio message said to go to and it had the little sub logo next to it but I couldn't end patrol.
Old 05-02-15, 02:23 PM   #9
THE_MASK
Ace of the deep .

Quote:
I started a new campaign but i remember I checked and I was at the port that the radio message said to go to and it had the little sub logo next to it but I couldn't end patrol.
Sounds like when you started a new campaign and were in the bunker for the first time you didn't return to the main menu and then click on continue campaign .
Old 05-02-15, 10:29 PM   #10
Rock Knocker
Watch

The problem is that if I didn't reload after entering the bunker I would not be able to access the sub upgrade section or chose a mission.
Old 05-03-15, 02:11 AM   #11
THE_MASK
Ace of the deep .

Quote:
The problem is that if I didn't reload after entering the bunker I would not be able to access the sub upgrade section or chose a mission.
That's not it then . Any pictures to show the problem ?
Old 05-03-15, 10:51 AM   #12
Rock Knocker
Watch

I've started a new campaign and saved over the problem campaign. My new one hasn't run into the same problem but I haven't tried to end a patrol yet.