SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SHIII Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 12-16-17, 04:47 AM   #481
the_frog
Commander

Downloads: 17
Uploads: 0

Hello,

itadiver identified exactly the problems that come with higher/rougher waves. Settings for ship movements and damage boxes were (roughly) in line with the orginal SH3 wave parameters. Changing the parameters towards higher/rougher waves causes conflicts with the damage settings.

That means to have ships working properly in rougher sea the crash depth setting of all flooding-related damages boxes should be set to higher values. Also, all ships need to be re-worked for deeper centre of gravitiy and less left/right drag.

My standard testing of ship models is with the original SH3 settings. I took me a while to understand the interplay of wave, movement, and damage settings and why some people see smaller vessels sinking rapidly in high waves.

Cheers
the_frog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-17, 05:42 AM   #482
itadriver
Commander

Downloads: 221

Yes. I'm reworking all zon files for my surface mod (BB and CA are ok now). I'm working alone so it will take a lot of time. About sim file you have to set LR=0,03 and UD=0,005 and nothing else.
Ciao
itadriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-17, 06:16 AM   #483
Anvar1061
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 846

Quote:
Originally Posted by itadriver View Post
Yes. I'm reworking all zon files for my surface mod (BB and CA are ok now). I'm working alone so it will take a lot of time. About sim file you have to set LR=0,03 and UD=0,005 and nothing else.
Ciao
We wait! Good luck!

Anvar1061 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-17, 07:13 AM   #484
ericlea
Samurai Navy

Downloads: 109

Yes GL Ita !
ericlea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-17, 10:38 AM   #485
J0313
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 1783
Default Question?

Is the hotkey for getting the crew below deck in port Ctrl-D? I have used it and the crew disappears for a moment and then comes right back on deck. Do I have to wait until I am a certain distance from the dock or something?
J0313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-17, 10:43 AM   #486
XenonSurf
Sea Lord

Downloads: 107
Uploads: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericlea View Post
Or It is perhaps time to change your computer. Happy Christmas ;-)
The problem is not my computer, I get 50+ FPS once in-game, the problem is the very long loading time.
I realize the game is poorly optimized for modern rigs, also you need to restart after playing a mission to clear the RAM and cache.
XenonSurf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-17, 12:44 PM   #487
ericlea
Samurai Navy

Quote:
Originally Posted by J0313 View Post
Is the hotkey for getting the crew below deck in port Ctrl-D? I have used it and the crew disappears for a moment and then comes right back on deck. Do I have to wait until I am a certain distance from the dock or something?
normally :
shift + D : crew appears immediately on deck
ctrl + D : crew disappears immediately from deck

what is your mods list ?
Old 12-16-17, 01:38 PM   #488
J0313
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 1783
Default My list.

WarAceCampaign 5.0
WarAceCampaign 5.0 Patch_5.01
WAC5.0 Campaign_Atlantic_Baltic
Optimized WAC5.01 WideScreensGUI 1920x1080 Ahnenerbe
WAC5.01 Career Start_44_45
_WAC_5.0_emblem_noeagle_fix
Color Dials with Light Compass
UCS 2.02b WAC 5.0
WAC5.0 Subpens_Ambient_Light
WAC5.0_Water_blue_green
WAC5.x_smaller_waves
V16B1-Patch-Kit
WAC5.0 H.sie Supplement to V16B1_Atlantic_Baltic_Campaign
More wounded & less dead crew v2 - for V16B1 (JSGME)
My_O2_Dials
U-Boat VIIC (Skin 8) Turm 1-2-3
WAC5.0 Harbour_Winter
SH5_Patterns_TWoS

A couple of these that you don't recognize are my own little tweeks. Shouldn't affect anything having to do with the commands cfg. I checked the commands and they are correct so I don't know what is going on.
J0313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-17, 02:06 PM   #489
Anvar1061
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 846

Quote:
Originally Posted by J0313 View Post
I checked the commands and they are correct so I don't know what is going on.
I have the same.
UCS 2.02b WAC 5.0 does it.
Anvar1061 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-17, 02:25 PM   #490
ericlea
Samurai Navy

exact ^^

this little problem occurs with this mod

Last edited by ericlea; 12-16-17 at 02:45 PM.
Old 12-16-17, 02:52 PM   #491
XenonSurf
Sea Lord

*** FEEDBACK WAC 5.0 + PATCH 5.01 ***

Currently playing at 4:3 without Widescreen fix and all interiors enabled.
The interiors are nicely done congrats, but I notice some glitches:

a) at some point I cannot click the crew to give them orders anymore, a limitation I think so I must hit F2 and go through the crew again.

b) Normal clicks to access main sub parts don't have effect at some point after hitting SHIFT-F2 to move in the sub, also a limitation, but from there on all mouse clicks are screwed-up somehow, e.g. clicking on periscope, conning tower ladder or a selectable crew member doesn't work anymore, even after selecting a station with the shortcut icons.

c) Icon shortcuts for the logs and incomming messages (Logbuch, Funksprüche; main shortcuts at the left side) are missing.

d) Bug: if I click the main exo to order him something (e.g. go to periscope depth), the icons will appear but they do nothing when clicking and just remain.

Opinion:
This mod is beautiful, but has the same design problem than SH5: It's fascinating moving through the sub and visiting the new rooms - the first time - but after that: why would you ever go in the torpedo room or the diesel machine room? In SH5 you could do some weird blah blah with the crew that adds nothing to the game IMO, but here in WAC5.01 it seems to me a LOT of work for eye-candy alone, but I'm highly contemplating this artwork
Playing with mouse only should remain possible, except when moving through the sub (one can change to WASD keys like standard games), but at least when giving orders to the crew.

Last edited by XenonSurf; 12-16-17 at 03:22 PM.
Old 12-16-17, 04:06 PM   #492
chipsranger
Machinist's Mate

Downloads: 759
Icon1

Quote:
Originally Posted by maillemaker View Post
OK, I'm trying this out, no luck so far.

Did a fresh install of SH3 using Direct2Drive version - installs as 1.4.0.1

Installed JSGME

Installed the following mods:
WarAceCampaign 5.0
02-Gauges v2
WAC5.x_smaller_waves

I used the V16B1-Patch-Kit to patch my SH3.exe, and then used the HsieOptionsSelector.exe to enable 4GB (though I do not know if any command line switch is needed to use this).

When I run the above, everything seems to work (full screen, too, on my GTX960 + 1920x1080 display), but when I try to load a Single Mission, like Happy Times, I get to about 90% on the load bar and it hangs.

If I try to use the WAC5.01 WideScreensGUI 1920x1080 Ahnerbe mod, then after the intro movie plays I get a black screen and eventually the menu music is playing but the screen stays black.

Any suggestions?

It sure would be nice to get a complete installation instruction tutorial including installation of WAC, all related mods, SH3 patching, h.sie configuration, and SH3 Commander installation. Right now the WAC installation tutorial only covers about 20% of the work to get a complete setup.

Steve
I also approve
chipsranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-17, 04:23 PM   #493
redline202
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Is it just me or there is a bug with periscopes..when they are under too much damage they still function without a problem?.

I have modified periscope hit points and armor to 1 and set them so they can be destroyed, it was just for testing. And strangely they still work even when they are completely destroyed?
Old 12-16-17, 04:53 PM   #494
XenonSurf
Sea Lord

@chipsranger, ooops...Sorry: @maillemaker (if he still reads)...

Against the black screen, go in your main.cfg and change to:

Synchronized=Yes

This should do the trick. Or: change your desktop resolution to 1280x1024 before launching SH3.exe.

And against being stucked with the progress bar: the mission/savegame/museum will all load but you have to wait several *minutes*...just read my posts above.

More than a tutorial, a fix against that is 'approved'...

Last edited by XenonSurf; 12-16-17 at 05:09 PM.
Old 12-16-17, 05:02 PM   #495
Victor Schutze
Chief

Downloads: 466
Nuke

Quote:
Originally Posted by maillemaker View Post
OK, I'm trying this out, no luck so far.

Did a fresh install of SH3 using Direct2Drive version - installs as 1.4.0.1

Installed JSGME

Installed the following mods:
WarAceCampaign 5.0
02-Gauges v2
WAC5.x_smaller_waves

I used the V16B1-Patch-Kit to patch my SH3.exe, and then used the HsieOptionsSelector.exe to enable 4GB (though I do not know if any command line switch is needed to use this).

When I run the above, everything seems to work (full screen, too, on my GTX960 + 1920x1080 display), but when I try to load a Single Mission, like Happy Times, I get to about 90% on the load bar and it hangs.

If I try to use the WAC5.01 WideScreensGUI 1920x1080 Ahnerbe mod, then after the intro movie plays I get a black screen and eventually the menu music is playing but the screen stays black.

Any suggestions?

It sure would be nice to get a complete installation instruction tutorial including installation of WAC, all related mods, SH3 patching, h.sie configuration, and SH3 Commander installation. Right now the WAC installation tutorial only covers about 20% of the work to get a complete setup.

Steve
I have the same problem you have. Black screen, game paused. end of story. I have the steam version of the game. What about a mod installation software that takes care of installation from A to Z all by itself and voila!?...
Victor Schutze is offline   Reply With Quote