SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH5 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 12-24-12, 03:31 PM   #9511
Sandman_28054
Captain

Downloads: 270
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikemike47 View Post
Make sure you are in port for this. Disable all mods that overwrite DarkWraith version 7.1.0 and DarkWraith version 7.1.0 itself.
Use the options file editor viewer in the applications section of TheDarkWraith version 7.1.0 mod. Open the TheDarkWraithUserOptions.py.
Look for the "UI" tab at the top. Scroll down to the items and look for "UI style used in-game. Click on the +/- for the dropdown menu. Double click the option such as SH5Enhanced, SH4Style or SH3Style. Another pop up window should appear. The "accept button" should appear if it is not a setting you have all ready. Accept and reenable all mods as necessary.
I'll try again, but I haven't seen the .py file.
Sandman_28054 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-12, 03:49 PM   #9512
volodya61
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 374

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandman_28054 View Post
I'll try again, but I haven't seen the .py file.
data/Scripts/Menu

El sueño de la razón produce monstruos © - and for some people awakening will be cruel
volodya61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-12, 07:44 PM   #9513
Neckeros
Bilge Rat

Downloads: 52

Nice mod - many thanks
Neckeros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-12, 02:07 AM   #9514
Fish In The Water
Prince of
the Sea

SUBSIM
Welcome
Committee

Downloads: 98
Uploads: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neckeros View Post
Nice mod - many thanks
Welcome aboard Neckeros!

Fish In The Water is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-12, 03:26 AM   #9515
Mack Bartz
Bilge Rat

Downloads: 14
Default Great Mod!

Great Mod that's all I can say.
Mack Bartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-12, 05:03 PM   #9516
Fish In The Water
Prince of
the Sea

SUBSIM
Welcome
Committee

Downloads: 98
Uploads: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mack Bartz View Post
Great Mod that's all I can say.
Welcome to Subsim Mack, and thanks for the feedback!

Fish In The Water is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-12, 09:17 PM   #9517
THE_MASK
Ace of the deep .

Downloads: 901
Uploads: 73

I notice a bug . When you play a single mission then exit out to the main page and load a campaign save things like the underwater icons on the top right are not in the correct place . This also happens if you are playing the campaign and finish playing and exit to the main page and then reload a campaign save . You have to completely exit the game once you are finished playing if you want to load a campaign save . Maybe this is CO2 bug as well , i havnt checked .
THE_MASK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-12, 05:02 AM   #9518
volodya61
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 374

Quote:
Originally Posted by sober View Post
..Maybe this is CO2 bug as well , i havnt checked .
Nope.. it's not a CO2 bug..
With each reload warning icons are shifted to the right and then drop off the edge of the screen..
And yes if you completely quit the game after a new load they will be again in its place..

El sueño de la razón produce monstruos © - and for some people awakening will be cruel
volodya61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-12, 03:00 AM   #9519
Diego2301
Swabbie

Downloads: 15

Help!

I can't find how to drag the TDC XO's window out of view, I edited the options with the app provided (changed the TDC XO window draggable to True) but no matter how I click on it, it's not draggable.

Also, is there a way to change the size of the icons? I feel they're too big and I've seen tutorials where they're much decent in size (I mean the icons in game).

Also, I also modified the options so that many menu bars would hide unless I scroll my mouse over them, it doesn't happen.

Thanks!

Edit: Now I can't reach all the charts, since they appear clustered at the top left corner of my screen, I can only drag the 2 speed charts and the flag chart, but the booklet with the ships info is out of view. Everything is so incredibly oversized.

Last edited by Diego2301; 12-29-12 at 03:26 AM. Reason: Updated information
Diego2301 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-12, 05:49 AM   #9520
Trevally.
Navy Seal

Downloads: 166
Uploads: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diego2301 View Post
Help!

I can't find how to drag the TDC XO's window out of view, I edited the options with the app provided (changed the TDC XO window draggable to True) but no matter how I click on it, it's not draggable.
Press "L" and it will jump to where your messages are.
This keeps it out of the scope while sinking ships.

Quote:
Also, is there a way to change the size of the icons? I feel they're too big and I've seen tutorials where they're much decent in size (I mean the icons in game).
Not sure
TDWs has other folders in the download... some of these may be new icons and thus would be installed after the main mod.

Quote:
Also, I also modified the options so that many menu bars would hide unless I scroll my mouse over them, it doesn't happen.
Did you save the options.py?
Always edit it before you install the mod. If you do it installed, it will work ok, but each time you move it, the options changes will be undone by jsgme.

So edit it before you install.
Install
Then edit it again to add the snorkel (if you want it). The snorkel needs to be added with the mod installed. You must reset the options editor and tell it that the file to edit is now in the game and not just the MODS folder.
Hope that came out right

Quote:
Thanks!

Edit: Now I can't reach all the charts, since they appear clustered at the top left corner of my screen, I can only drag the 2 speed charts and the flag chart, but the booklet with the ships info is out of view. Everything is so incredibly oversized.
delete all draggables from C:\Ubisoft\Silent Hunter 5 (Pagelayout_Draggables.tdw etc)
Old 12-29-12, 06:02 AM   #9521
gap
Navy Seal

Downloads: 793
Uploads: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diego2301 View Post
Everything is so incredibly oversized.
Have you already tried increasing in-game resolution settings? The lower is the resolution the bigger will look the UI compared with the rest
gap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-12, 06:01 PM   #9522
SixthFall
Seaman

Downloads: 125

Hey, can someone help me please? I installed this mod with fx update 1.9. I have version 1.2.0 of the game and I installed correctly with JGSME (i think thats what the acronym is :p), And everything works except 2 bugs. One bug is the crew quick select overlaps with the heading tool at the bottom of the UI, and the second, much bigger issue is when I try to use the attack periscope, Nothing appears. I can see the crosshairs and the bering, but no image, just a black background. I can still see the torpedo stuff and the guages on the right though. I have not messed with any of the files, just installed and played the game. My screen res is 1366x768.

Thanks guys!
SixthFall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-12, 06:18 PM   #9523
Tonci87
Captain

Downloads: 116

Quote:
Originally Posted by SixthFall View Post
Hey, can someone help me please? I installed this mod with fx update 1.9. I have version 1.2.0 of the game and I installed correctly with JGSME (i think thats what the acronym is :p), And everything works except 2 bugs. One bug is the crew quick select overlaps with the heading tool at the bottom of the UI, and the second, much bigger issue is when I try to use the attack periscope, Nothing appears. I can see the crosshairs and the bering, but no image, just a black background. I can still see the torpedo stuff and the guages on the right though. I have not messed with any of the files, just installed and played the game. My screen res is 1366x768.

Thanks guys!
this might sound stupid, but did you raise the periscope?
Tonci87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-12, 06:36 PM   #9524
SixthFall
Seaman

I just clicked on it inside the conning tower. Is there a key to raise and lower it? If so, what is the key? (as the observation scope seems to do that automatically) Also, as my resolution is 16x9, will I need to use the 16x9 manos patch?
Old 12-30-12, 06:51 PM   #9525
SixthFall
Seaman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonci87 View Post
this might sound stupid, but did you raise the periscope?
DERP, That was the issue, lol i feel stupid now :p

Thanks!

Tags
dbrn, favorite, new ui