SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH4 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 08-24-20, 09:48 PM   #1
Bubblehead1980
Navy Seal

Downloads: 550
Uploads: 42

Default SJ bug in TMO

Shocked, thought Ducimus had ironed out this bug long ago. After last patrol my Porpoise class received the conning tower refit (Patrol ended September 5 42 new patrol began September 25 42) Had SJ radar for one patrol, afte rrefit both SJ and SD radar were empty, readded them, whiel they show present on my boat, SJ does not turn on and seems liek SD is not functioning either. Any ideas? Fixes? This is my sixth patrol so about time to start a new career anyways but cant have this bug ongoing. Pretty shocked
Bubblehead1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-20, 08:04 AM   #2
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 439
Uploads: 2

What we just went through in FotRSU with the SJ, might apply a bit to TMO, though there are some major differences in the two mods between naming conventions used for the different radars. I used the TMO Tambor as my "model", comparing it to the FotRSU version and adjusting. Testing (as per Ducimus's Post #10 procedure here) had proven the Tambor "mostly correct". I then applied that across the other boats, bearing in mind their "calling conventions". The Porpoise has its own set of radars and masts, which complicates things with it. The place in FotRSU that had the most trouble was in the UpgradePackSlots in the SubName.upc file. The very strange (to me) part is that you cannot have trailing spaces or tabs on the calling lines it seems, no comments after the calling line, so look for extra white-space there and move any comments to their own line with a leading ";" semi-colon.

Also, be aware that in FotRSU (and I think TMO does the same) there is a difference between a "...PClass..." call and a "...Pclass..." call, in the letters "C" and "c". There is similar in "SClass" and "Sclass" in FotRSU, but I did not notice that in TMO, though it may well be there. When you step up to the Tambor / Gar, you are dealing with "Supported" radar, which just means that there are "stays" on the antenna masts, such that they are "supported" with a structure... Conning towers for the different equipment does matter also, so be certain your Porpoise conn has the correct nodes to mount the radar to... So compare your SubName.upc file in the UpgradePackSlots section, to the UpgradePacks.upc file, and that to the Equipment.upc file for dates, as well as for the use of upper & lower case letter use in the names. That's where our "mistakes" were, with most of them self-induced from changes in the SubName.upc files...

One last little note: I might not be remembering this correctly, but it seems to me that Ducimus had things set-up to where there was an "A-Scope" only SJ set-up, and that the "PPI" screen came a few months later, which also complicates things in the console SJRadarApp that he used in his radar calls... but I do not remember how he did that... Maybe ETR3(SS) will happen along here and be able to comment.

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote