Forget password? Reset here

Old 10-01-19, 04:29 PM   #16
fred8615
Saint of the seas

Downloads: 265
Uploads: 127

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skybird View Post
Reminds me of this episode form "Northern Exposure", when they recall an event form the past, some friend of theirs working in a fish factory and falling into the machine where the fish was canned. "They had to retrieve hundreds of tins from the stores. I will never forget the funeral - the sight of several hundred tin cans lowered into the grave." - Wonderful series.
Somehow I missed that one.
fred8615 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-19, 04:57 PM   #17
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy
Downloads: 22
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reece View Post
STEED, don't eat too much tuna, I believe it contains mercury!!
Quote:
Always ate red meat, especially lamb, and at 67 I'm not gonna stop!!
Quote:
Now who doesn't like eating the tails of grilled lamb loin chops? All of a sudden I'm hungry!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbuna View Post
Simply put....I'm a carnviore.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff-Groves View Post
Aside from shrimp I don't eat those nasty non-air breathing things that live in water.
Now a good chunk of Gator or Alabama ditch bugs are tasty.
Not to mention Rattle Snake.

My favorite is BEEF! The more the better!
last night was bbq'd burgers; tonite is grilled lamb chops; and tomorrow nite will be salmon with apricot/ginger glaze & grill roasted peppers, onions and red potatos-wrapped in foil; all served with a two-buck chuck chardonnay!

"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human squirrelyness; and I'm not too sure about the Universe"
Aktungbby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-19, 04:57 PM   #18
STEED
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 89
Uploads: 48

I may have a greggs chicken pasty tomorrow, tried their vegan roll the other day and I just do not get the craze for it, it was bloody tasteless!

To borrow Davros saying...I NAME YOU CHIBNALL THE DESTROYER OF DR WHO YOU KILLED IT!
STEED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-19, 06:59 PM   #19
Reece
CINC Pacific Fleet

Downloads: 171

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aktungbby View Post

last night was bbq'd burgers; tonite is grilled lamb chops; and tomorrow nite will be salmon with apricot/ginger glaze & grill roasted peppers, onions and red potatos-wrapped in foil; all served with a two-buck chuck chardonnay!

Sub captains go down with their ship!
Reece is online   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-19, 08:12 PM   #20
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9

Pork I do not eat since years, it just is nothing I crave for, but beef in the past years also got somewhat rare. Mostly I eat chicken, veal, and fish has gone up in my preference list significantly. No health and environmental considerations in these changes, it all was due to changes in taste and interest. Fish means tuna both in cans and as filet steaks for grilling them, and also much salmon. I discovered catfish recently, and plan to get back to it. On bread I prefer either sweet spreads, especially nougat and Austrian jam, or cheese of variosu kinds, cold cuts are extremely rare on my table. I eat just twice a day, and not at all every fourth day or so. I am doing intermittent fastening since over a year now. Killed 15 kg in six months. I do not ban anything I like to eat, sweets sins included, I just limit the time of the day when I eat to an 8 hour interval. Oh, and lots of cacao and Espresso. No beer anynmore, but alcohol-free white beer: the irony here is that I do not like neither white beer no alcohol-free beer, but non-alcoholic white beer I kill for. Wine frequently, Bayleys too, a mild Scottish malt (Dalwhinnie) or an Irish whisky (Jameson 1780) rarely. Whisky is harsh enough, if I drink it, then it must not be an especially coarse one, but a mild one.

Typical "American breakfast" with eggs, ham and all that, is horror for me, and always was. Breakfast means coffee, bread and sweet spreads to me. But usually I do not eat anything before noon or early afternoon. At noon: breakfast. Lunch is in the evening. No supper. My starsign is Aquaruius, we do things differently.

Beef for Gulasch, and steak, and mince. Veal for Wiener Schnitzel. No pork. No barbecue sausages. Lots of chicken. Sometimes lamb, its expensive, and I use it only for mint sauce.

I buy "from the region", when available in the store, why I should buy potatoes from other countries when potato farmers in my neighbourhood face an already difficult market, is beyond me. From far away places I only buy what is not avialable locally - but I then buy it for sure, if I want it. These are the only environmental consideration I pay attention to, the rest or moral and ecological and pltlical and else demands I do not even "boycott": but it does not even come to my mind to waste my time with that nonsense. "Carbon footprint" and all that collective mass hype and ritual also do not interest me at all. They just want to keep you running with they themselves swinging the whip and raising fear so that you have no time to come to rest and start thinking yourself. A mind that is thinking their thoughts cannot think ideologically unwanted own thoughts.

Last edited by Skybird; 10-01-19 at 08:31 PM.
Skybird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-19, 09:47 PM   #21
Reece
CINC Pacific Fleet

Quote:
No pork

There is a funny smell to pork that I find nauseating, especially when it is being cooked, a no-no for me!

Old 10-01-19, 10:52 PM   #22
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy

Quote:

There is a funny smell to pork that I find nauseating, especially when it is being cooked, a no-no for me!
Get brave! Marinade some large pork chops in herb and garlic marinade for 8 hours then bbq:
6 minutes a side...directly over the coals; should cure your reticence- serve with a nice merlot or cabernet!

"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human squirrelyness; and I'm not too sure about the Universe"
Old 10-01-19, 11:45 PM   #23
Reece
CINC Pacific Fleet

Forgot to mention it is an unclean animal.

Old 10-02-19, 06:03 AM   #24
STEED
Lucky Jack

Quote:
Ugly as well, we are doing them a favour eating them. Pork pie anyone?

To borrow Davros saying...I NAME YOU CHIBNALL THE DESTROYER OF DR WHO YOU KILLED IT!
Old 10-02-19, 06:08 AM   #25
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

Quote:

Has an uncanny similarity to a burned body

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is online   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-19, 10:11 AM   #26
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by fred8615 View Post
Somehow I missed that one.
That was that episode where Maggie's boyfriend Rick first lost his pilot license from bad eye sight and later was slain by that down-crashing satellite and was molten into it so that getting his coffin through the churchdoor was difficult due to all the antennas sticking out of it at all directions.
Old 10-02-19, 01:35 PM   #27
fred8615
Saint of the seas

Downloads: 265
Uploads: 127

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skybird View Post
That was that episode where Maggie's boyfriend Rick first lost his pilot license from bad eye sight and later was slain by that down-crashing satellite and was molten into it so that getting his coffin through the churchdoor was difficult due to all the antennas sticking out of it at all directions.
Oh man, I missed that one too!
fred8615 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-19, 05:59 PM   #28
STEED
Lucky Jack

Come on reece one wafer thin pork pie.

Old 10-02-19, 08:05 PM   #29
Reece
CINC Pacific Fleet

Quote:
Come on reece one wafer thin puke pie.
I don't think so STEED, you can have it!

Old 10-02-19, 08:36 PM   #30
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Quote:
Aha! the ol' "split hoof yet chewith not the cud" argument...well we don't want you risking your 72 virgins in paradise from associating with "death idolatry and sin" (Isiaah 65)

Last edited by Aktungbby; 10-02-19 at 08:48 PM.