SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > Silent Hunter 4: Wolves of the Pacific
Forget password? Reset here

Old 07-29-20, 10:05 AM   #1
Spirit_Wolf_2
Swabbie

Downloads: 6
Uploads: 0
Support Time compression problems

When time compression reaches more than 512x the game becames extremely laggy and im not sure wich may cause this problem, only known solution for me is to re-instal game but that will wipe all my saves of course and it will also only temporary fix the issue, if you know any potential solution i would really appreciate it

Last edited by Spirit_Wolf_2; 07-29-20 at 10:44 AM.
Spirit_Wolf_2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-20, 10:46 AM   #2
Col7777
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 260

What is you PC specs, it might not be able to handle it?

Col.

Silent and Violent
Col7777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-20, 11:05 AM   #3
KaleunMarco
Silent Hunter

Location: Chicago area, which is more dangerous than Omaha Beach.
Downloads: 433
Uploads: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spirit_Wolf_2 View Post
When time compression reaches more than 512x the game becames extremely laggy and im not sure wich may cause this problem, only known solution for me is to re-instal game but that will wipe all my saves of course and it will also only temporary fix the issue, if you know any potential solution i would really appreciate it
Wolf, welcome to Subsim.

newbies should review TheBerbsters' guide-post for newbies: https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=219029

next....one of the items in the list above that can quickly resolve the issue you are having is implementing a 4 gig memory utility. very briefly, SH4 was developed for WinXP and as such carries some limitations such as using only 2 gig RAM. i am going to make a leap-of-faith here by assuming that you are running a Win10 PC with more than 2 gig RAM. Downloading and implementing Large Address Aware (in the Download Forum here at Subsim) will help you resolve the system stutter when you use TC by expanding the amount of memory that SH4 can use to 4 gig. this change alone should make a big difference in SH4 performance, especially when you start playing with some of the mega-mods. There are a few other utilities that do the same function...i mention LAA because it is available here.

next...download install Jones' Generic Mod enabler (JGSME) from the Download forum here at Subsim. you will need to implement and play with various modsets. also, there is a utility within JGSME that will allow you to collect the modsets you are playing and then paste them here when you have an issue that you want to share/resolve. (Tasks-Export mod list to Clipboard).

i do not want to overload you with stuff when you haven't reviewed TheBerbsters' post, but once you implement LAA or one of its counterparts, limit your use of TC to 1024. we have discovered that many weird things happen when we use TC > 1024.

'nuff said for now. read up on the new material and start playing.

------------------------------------------------------------
Silent Hunter 4 1.5 Gold Edition on CDROM
LAA enabled
Dell XPS with 32 GB Ram running Win10
KaleunMarco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-20, 11:05 AM   #4
Spirit_Wolf_2
Swabbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Col7777 View Post
What is you PC specs, it might not be able to handle it?

Col.
CPU-ryzen 3 1200
GPU-RX 560
Ram-24gb 1200 mhz
OS-windows 10 64bit
also before this wasnt happening to me tho it only started 2 days back
Old 07-29-20, 11:47 AM   #5
Spirit_Wolf_2
Swabbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaleunMarco View Post
Wolf, welcome to Subsim.

newbies should review TheBerbsters' guide-post for newbies: https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=219029

next....one of the items in the list above that can quickly resolve the issue you are having is implementing a 4 gig memory utility. very briefly, SH4 was developed for WinXP and as such carries some limitations such as using only 2 gig RAM. i am going to make a leap-of-faith here by assuming that you are running a Win10 PC with more than 2 gig RAM. Downloading and implementing Large Address Aware (in the Download Forum here at Subsim) will help you resolve the system stutter when you use TC by expanding the amount of memory that SH4 can use to 4 gig. this change alone should make a big difference in SH4 performance, especially when you start playing with some of the mega-mods. There are a few other utilities that do the same function...i mention LAA because it is available here.

next...download install Jones' Generic Mod enabler (JGSME) from the Download forum here at Subsim. you will need to implement and play with various modsets. also, there is a utility within JGSME that will allow you to collect the modsets you are playing and then paste them here when you have an issue that you want to share/resolve. (Tasks-Export mod list to Clipboard).

i do not want to overload you with stuff when you haven't reviewed TheBerbsters' post, but once you implement LAA or one of its counterparts, limit your use of TC to 1024. we have discovered that many weird things happen when we use TC > 1024.

'nuff said for now. read up on the new material and start playing.

thanks for the link, also i already used LAA and i have some mods too:Generic Mod Enabler - v2.6.0.157
[D:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Silent Hunters Wolves of the Pacific\MODS]

1 Game Fixes Only Mod v1.1
2 MaxOptics IV for GFO 1.1
3 Real Environment mod install
4 GFO Patch for Real Env
5 Webster's No Crew Fatigue
6 Bigger Better Protractors
7 Extra Allied naval bases for Stock SH4 + UBM v3.0
8 Webster's Upgraded Deck Gun v1
8 Webster's Upgraded Deck Gun v2
9 Webster's New sonar view for v1.5
10 Eye Patch for Stock
11 Pacific Sound Mod
12 Stop The Shouting
13 sobers compass mod_version color
14 3000 Yard Bearing Tool (1920x)
15 Magnified Hud Dials for v1.5_Large
16 Webster's Eliminate Floating Plankton
17 Remove grain effect

Old 07-29-20, 12:19 PM   #6
KaleunMarco
Silent Hunter

Location: Chicago area, which is more dangerous than Omaha Beach.
Downloads: 433
Uploads: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spirit_Wolf_2 View Post
thanks for the link, also i already used LAA and i have some mods too:Generic Mod Enabler - v2.6.0.157
[D:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Silent Hunters Wolves of the Pacific\MODS]
excellent start!

there are a few memory hogs in your mod list so your experience with game-stutter at higher TCV is normal and customary.
and i am willing to bet that it happens later in your mission than when you first start out.
that would be very typical.
it appears that you are doing things the best way you can. about the only thing that i can think for you to try is to review the processes that your PC is running prior to launching SH4 by using Task Manager. you may be able to reduce some memory use and some background processing this way. MAY is the operative word as some users, like myself, notice the difference but others do not.

------------------------------------------------------------
Silent Hunter 4 1.5 Gold Edition on CDROM
LAA enabled
Dell XPS with 32 GB Ram running Win10
KaleunMarco is offline   Reply With Quote