SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Sub/Naval + Other Games > Sub/Naval & General Games Discussion
Forget password? Reset here

Old 08-10-21, 02:29 PM   #1
les green01
Seasoned Skipper

Downloads: 1375
Uploads: 0
Default medieval dynasty

anyone else here been playing it
les green01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-21, 06:23 AM   #2
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9

Just bought it 2, 3 days ago. Just a first look into it of 30 minutes so far. Landscape is lovely.

Also got some weeks ago "Going Medieval", but again need to go deeper not it. Has a whole awesome lot of promise for sure.
Old 08-13-21, 10:09 PM   #3
les green01
Seasoned Skipper

glad you got it when you did price be going up end of sept been a fun game
Old 08-14-21, 11:33 AM   #4
Skybird
Soaring

I refunded it after 80 minutes playtime. Its not that I think its a bad game or buggy or whatever, and it looks nice, and I observed the development for longer time. But when I actually played it, and walked around, I realised that it did not hit the switches in my brain, and so nothing made that clicking sound you want to hear and that confirms that you are linking up to something. Maybe too peaceful. It left me cold.
Old 08-15-21, 05:33 AM   #5
les green01
Seasoned Skipper

could be to peaceful though they going put bandits in but skyrim and kingdom come its not
Old 08-15-21, 10:47 AM   #6
Skybird
Soaring

I love base-and fortress building. I do it all the time in Fallout 4 and mods, and would not mind a game like that with some more complexity in the ressources aspect. I build some bases, crew them, equip them, and when I am done, I start a new game. it goes like this since ten years. Lil' boy playing with wood blocks, building towers and then throwing balls at them.
Old 08-20-21, 09:49 AM   #7
Platapus
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 63

Have you tried Rimworld?

It is not just a compound building game, it emphasizes efficiency in design a lot.

If you like building things in Fallout 4, you may like Rimworld
Old 08-20-21, 06:17 PM   #8
Skybird
Soaring

Will check it out, thanks!
Old 08-21-21, 10:52 AM   #9
Threadfin
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skybird View Post
I refunded it after 80 minutes playtime. Its not that I think its a bad game or buggy or whatever, and it looks nice, and I observed the development for longer time. But when I actually played it, and walked around, I realised that it did not hit the switches in my brain, and so nothing made that clicking sound you want to hear and that confirms that you are linking up to something. Maybe too peaceful. It left me cold.

I know exactly what you mean here, sometimes it just doesn't click even if you think it should be a game you would like. For me Tyranny was like this. Shadow Tactics: Blades of the Shogun. Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen. Outer Worlds. These are all games that I thought would be straight up my alley, but when I played them they just didn't click and were shelved. Just a sampling really, and that list is a lot longer.

For what it's worth, I just picked up Fallout 4 a few days ago. I was a massive fan of FO3 and New Vegas, but passed on FO4 at release and just never got around to picking it up. But it's on sale on Steam at the mo, and I got the GotY edition. having fun with it. You mentioned the settlement side of the game and I've just dipped my toes in to that. If you have any tips that would make this a better experience for me I'd like to hear them. Or any general FO4 tips. I'm level 8 or 9. If you know of a Fallout thread to move the discussion to that is cool, as I don't want to derail this one.
Old 08-21-21, 11:41 AM   #10
Skybird
Soaring

My most important tip for F4 is: mods. Beef up the enemy hostility and fighting activity, turn it all into a nb attklefield, the main quest is not relevant, as with all Bethesda games. Mods for improving the environment, it's looks. total black night, better and more light options. Advanced Follower mod, allowing you to form small parties of up to 5 followers. I will step up a small list of things I think are really interesting, will post it in some hours or tomorrow. Come back then.
I had high hopes for Outer Worlds, too. The super-feminist basic tone - at least in the German version - and the super-linear script killed it quickly. Refunded.

Doing a lot of The Hunter still, after almost ten years.
Old 08-21-21, 02:19 PM   #11
Threadfin
Ace of the Deep

I doubt I ever posted but I've read your Hunter thread. Matter of fact it helped me decide to get it for my son. He didn't take to it, but that's more a matter of application than suitability. He gave up too soon. If I hadn't bought it for console I might be playing it myself, and still may do eventually.

Thanks for the thoughts on FO4 and I'll keep an eye out for more.
Old 08-21-21, 04:21 PM   #12
Skybird
Soaring

Too bad they messed up herd animal AI badly in Call of the Wild and do not care to repair it (calling it a feature instead, bullocks), the reserves look beautiful, and I use it still for walking and the occasional shot. Its relaxing. But main playground for real wanna-hunt still is the classic game. Its not as if it has not its faults as well, but its a lot of memories now, and the AI is a bit better. I also have so much gear in place...

I now type in the list of mods for FO4, but will make it a separate thread. PM would also be appropriate, but maybe other latecomers find it helpful, too. Ten minutes, and its up.

https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/sho...d.php?t=250328

Last edited by Skybird; 08-22-21 at 04:21 PM.
Skybird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-21, 08:25 AM   #13
Threadfin
Ace of the Deep

Yes, thanks for that list Skybird, appreciated.

My son never got past the tracking tutorial in the hunting game. I was helping him and even I was a bit confused about what to do. So we sunk about 45 minutes in to it total.

It's interesting because I grew up a hunter. My dad was a hunter and I followed suit. We did small game, upland bird and big game like whitetails. A little duck hunting too. My dad passed when I was a teenager and I lost heart. I still went out occasionally, but I liked it less without the old man. And by the time I was in my early 20s I decided I no longer wanted to shoot animals.

But I missed the woodsmanship and marksmanship and all the required skills. I missed being out there with nature. So I think a hunting game like this could fill that void and maybe eventually I'll give it a proper go on PC.