SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > Silent Hunter 4: Wolves of the Pacific
Forget password? Reset here

Old 08-22-21, 01:15 PM   #1
aliebling
Nub

Downloads: 7
Uploads: 0
Default No TDC

I've installed SH4 with FotRSU via steam (not in the program files directory) and I'm not getting any TDC (see attached screenshot).

The "send to TDC" button in the recognition manual is also greyed out (checked) and doesn't do anything when I click it.

I'm checked manual targeting system in the options, but it feels almost like it isn't taking. Is it this or is my install somehow screwed up?

Ideas?

Thanks!

P.S. Likewise in attack map, no TDC. Telling the AI to automatically id the target worked, but still no TDC.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg sh4-notdc.jpg (15.2 KB, 8 views)
aliebling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-21, 01:41 PM   #2
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy
Downloads: 22

Default welcome aboard!

aliebling!

"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human squirrelyness; and I'm not too sure about the Universe"
Aktungbby is online   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-21, 01:51 PM   #3
Mad Mardigan
Admiral

Downloads: 491

radar Re: Ahoy...

Quote:
Originally Posted by aliebling View Post
I've installed SH4 with FotRSU via steam (not in the program files directory) and I'm not getting any TDC (see attached screenshot).

The "send to TDC" button in the recognition manual is also greyed out (checked) and doesn't do anything when I click it.

I'm checked manual targeting system in the options, but it feels almost like it isn't taking. Is it this or is my install somehow screwed up?

Ideas?

Thanks!

P.S. Likewise in attack map, no TDC. Telling the AI to automatically id the target worked, but still no TDC.
Ahoy, aliebling...

1st off, welcome aboard.

Now, to the meat of it...

1st off, the better place to ask, would be here: https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/sho...43064&page=253

When you do... take a bit & ensure to include as much of the following, as you can... it will help immensely, trust Me.

1. Your computer stats, what windows, what graphics, what RAM, processor...

2.Source of your copy of SH4... what version of it, is it.. & importantly, just where you have that copy installed. (Of note, is best, if you do NOT have it installed & set up in either of the Program file locations (*> \Program files OR \Program files (x86) <*) as those are controlled by Windows & does NOT like having files & such, dinked about with... This is mentioned & made known several times.

3. What version of FotRS-U are you rolling with aka using here.. in addition, are you using jsgme to activate the mod.

With that, if you are indeed, using jsgme to activate.. include a copy from jsgme itself, of the mods you're using & the order they are activated in.

To do so, open jsgme, click on 'Tasks', this will open up a menu... scroll down that list in that menu, & locate 'Export to', highlight that section & (no pun intended here... ) a sub menu will appear. Find & click on 'Clipboard'.

This will allow you to attach that to your post... thereby, allowing it to be known what mods you're using.

4. Did you 4GB patch the SH4.exe or use Large Address Aware with your SH4.exe, which will assign 4 GB's of RAM to be assigned to it... thereby, helping to eliminate the possibilities of CTD's. Won't eliminate them 100% but.. will help reduce the chances of occurrences due to the game/sim, not having enough from the computer, at least. It can still CTD, due to improper or incorrect mods being used with SH4... just so you know...

5. Lastly, as this post is getting long in the tooth here.. (sorry, My quirky sense of humor showing up... ) When in career mode, what base are you at... what is the year date wise & what sub are you rocking it with... (for other issues related to the sub, make sure to include location, if the issue is with other ships... any other issue's with equipment, more info may be asked, so.. be prepared for questions... or any other issues, for that matter. Again, making sure to include every scrap of info, possible when you ask.

Ok, this is a basic start & will likely be added to by the dev's of FotRS & others helping to develop the mod...

Hope this helps gey it sorted out for you & Good huntin'...

M. M.

Old 08-22-21, 07:33 PM   #4
aliebling
Nub

Downloads: 7

To circle back, I changed my resolution and the TDC tabs are showing up. I'm guess that, despite being in a window, the display was somehow cutting off the edges and thus the TDC tabs..at least that's my guess.

I'm back to miscalculating shots and mangling AOBs!
aliebling is offline   Reply With Quote