Click here to access the Tanksim website
SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

BUYING GAMES, BOOKS, ELECTRONICS, and STUFF
THROUGH THIS LINK SUPPORTS SUBSIM, THANKS!

The Web's #1 BBS for all submarine and naval simulations!

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > General > Tanksim.com

Old 01-30-10, 11:34 AM   #16
frinik
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0
Default Tiger Hunted!

I went hunting playing ZW´s latest mod for members called Tigers Break Out and I broke all right but only out of the game.I got killed no less than 5 times by hordes of tanks and At guns.Good mission though but there are some bugs that need to be ironed out like enemies with X ray eyes.But ZW is on the right track.

Cheers
frinik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-10, 09:28 AM   #17
WolfAngriff
Swabbie

Downloads: 5
Default memories of a rookie !

Hi everyone !

I'm new on this site, and i'm french, so excuse me if my english is not very good. Well, of course I remember Panzer Front ! This was a very great game !I used the french version, if I remember well in 1999, and my greatest pleasure was to fight with my König Tiger in the ruins of Berlin ! How great it was !!! But i've lost this game. Does it run on PS3 ? My PS2 is dead. Is it still possible to buy it anywhere, or DL ?

Good game, Schützen !
WolfAngriff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-10, 09:42 AM   #18
frinik
Grey Wolf

Default Panzer Front

Salut WolfAngriff(attaque de loup?), si tu lis le premier post tu verras que tu peux jouer le jeu avec la version la plus ancienne du PS3. Il est meme jouable avec un PS2:

I also play it on the PS3 because I purchased the first PS3 60GB version and it will play both PS1 and PS2 format games. I'm not sure if the current PS3 consoles have an emulator for PS1 games though. If you still have an old PS2 though you WILL be able to play PF as I stated above.

Quant á se procurer le jeu cherche dans l´internet voir si soit tu peux l´acheter chez Ebay ou Amazon ou sur U torrent voir s´íl existe des téléchargements( j´en doute)

Salut
Old 02-17-10, 02:30 PM   #19
kondor999
Watch

Downloads: 38

I have Panzer Front for my Dreamcast (Jap-only) and it's literally the only reason I still keep the ancient machine hooked up. This was a fantastic tank sim that got a lot of things just "right". It also had some really well-done "fantasy" tanks - something I would normally scoff at. But trust me - check them out before you do the same. The turbine-powered Jagdpanther look-alike was my fav! They might be fantasy tanks, but whoever did them was a true tank buff (for instance, that tank had an early and late version, with the early having a short gun that fired HEAT, HE, and an ineffective AP round. The Late version has a long gun and loses the HEAT round - nice detail there and unexpected devotion to realism).

I especially enjoy playing the "Tiger of Vitebsk" scenario with the Nashorn vs. hordes of Soviet T-34's coming at you from all angles and with Katyusha barrages in between waves. That was incredibly difficult, but taught me the value of an open-topped fighting compartment - the reload rate of the Nashorn is awesome!

Anyway, I still play the game - which says a lot since my time is limited and I only play the good stuff (which usually means not old games). There's also a version for the PS1 which you can play using a PS1 emulator on your PC (I do that on my laptop sometimes). The graphics aren't as nice as the Dreamcast version, but the awesome gameplay is the same.

You can easily find a copy of the PS1 version on eBay. Highly recommended and loads of fun.
Old 02-18-10, 09:44 PM   #20
trek
Sailor man

Downloads: 610

Kondor,
Yeah, its' good to know I'm not the only one playing PF. Like I posted at the start of this thread, I still play this little Gem on my first-gen PS3.

Maybe we ought to inform the Graviteam (Steel Fury, Achtung Panzer) boys about the features of PF and they could incorporate some of it's items into their next upcoming tanksim. The tactical map and being able to waypoint your squad's tanks was a great feature in PF. Ah, its' probably only a dream.
trek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-10, 02:54 AM   #21
tomkiNov
Swabbie

Default lovely tanks

ah, i may tell u a story why i can join this forum.....

i love PzF, i played it on my PSone since 2001, but in 2003, the cd is broken and i stopped playing it. then in 2007 i just bought a new laptop and install epsxe 1.7 emulator, i download the iso and started playing it again..
i join the PzF forum on Yuku and found PzF.Bis... i downloaded PzF.Bis a month ago and now i've made 5 new custom missions...
though i'm not a japanese but i kinda know the language so i can play the PzF.Bis....

then i read a thread titled "wet dream" or somewhat like that in Yuku forum, and i wacth the TvsT movie...
soon i bought it few weeks ago, but seems i've encountered some problems..

i cant play TvsT, some objects.dll and controls.dll or may msvxxxxx.dll are error..
tried search, download, and followed the copying dll instruction but no luck.. help me..

sorry for OOT, but i love PzF and i hope someone will improve it (better than PzF.AusfB i think)

PzF.AusfB < PzF.Bis
tomkiNov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-10, 02:12 AM   #22
frinik
Grey Wolf

Default PZ FRont Ausf Bis

Hi TOmkinov,

I won a Japanese language version of Panzer Front Ausf. B.I play it only on the PS2.Do you think it can be converted into a pc game with your emulator?Also can your missions be downloaded and played on PS2?

I like PZ Front Ausf B but I am turned off by the fact that I cannot read the Japanese instructions and there are oonly 7 playable missions( although you can play the various sides and many types of tank)
Old 03-05-10, 12:59 AM   #23
tomkiNov
Swabbie

Default just posting

May i post few things about this lovely game,

PzF and PzF.Bis are PSone games, the PzF is also on dreamcast.
PzF.Bis only released in japan and it has mission creator and tank designer, though you cant create new map nor tanks, but you can modify them.
In PzF.Bis, there are 50 playable and customisable-mission maps.
And also it comes with voice radio and you can edit the textual translation box. but remeber, PzF.Bis is on PSONE !
the coresponding emulator for psone is EPSX 1.7, get it here:

http://rapidshare.com/files/121863826/epsxe170Full.rar

Then after the dead era of PSONE, here come PzF.AusfB for PSTWO, it has only 7 missions and i dun have PSTWO, in PCSX2 emulator, it rus veeeeeeeeeeeeeery slow.. thats why i DONT play the PzF.AusfB

Now i play PzF.Bis as it is better than PzF and PzF.AusfB
i've created 6 custom missions. the missions are playable, but the language still japanese, i'll translate them then.. japanese is NOT my first language though..

the custom missions are in memory card format, get them here:

http://members.at.infoseek.co.jp/pzf...ct/PzF100.html

oups, japanese? use any translator to translate 'em.

my missions are not uploaded yet. i'll prove english on my missions.

here is the re-official forum that i join as tomkiNov too, oups there is a typo in my name..

http://thepanzerfront.yuku.com

there you caould find me, and also you can download the japanese PzF.Bis for PSONE.

download PzF.Bis jap here:

http://thepanzerfront.yuku.com/topic/2011

translations?
still discused here:

http://thepanzerfront.yuku.com/topic...ster/1/?page=1

and Frinik, im sorry that i dun play the PzF.AusfB but i play PzF.Bis..

and epsxe 1.7 is PSone emulator, it can play and sometime modify the game only.. we cant convert iso to exe respectively..
we just somewhat "install PSone on PC/laptop" i've joystick for ps so my laptop kinda alike ps now

i'm a hard fan of PzF and i готово (gotovo/ready) to be the programmer or modder for the PzF presevation !

tomnikov
Old 03-05-10, 02:39 AM   #24
frinik
Grey Wolf

Default Panzerfront fB Bis

Thank s for your explanations Tomnikov.Regretfully I don;t have Ps1 nor ps3 and Panzer front Ausf B bis is the only game I own and I only have a PS2. So you're positive that that Panzerfront Ausf B Bis can neither be trasnformed into a pc game nor can the 7 missions be expanded? And I guess the missions you created for Panzer front B would probably not fit on my game?
Old 03-05-10, 05:50 AM   #25
tomkiNov
Swabbie

Default Panzer vor

Frinik, actually my PSone is broken already. It is just the same to say I don't have PSone too..
I play PzF.Bis on laptop via epsxe 1.7. If you like, you can download both the emu and the iso on the link in my previous post..

I recommend the PzF.Bis rather than PzF.AusfB because another people say so. Plus the reality that PCSX2 as the PS2 emulator runs very slow on my laptop..
Additional notes that there are more custom missions ready to download for PzF.Bis rather than the PzF.AusfB one !

EDIT : PzF.Bis missions don't fit to PzF.AusfB due the different memcard format I think !

Quote:
Originally Posted by trek View Post
Maybe we ought to inform the Graviteam (Steel Fury, Achtung Panzer) boys about the features of PF and they could incorporate some of it's items into their next upcoming tanksim. The tactical map and being able to waypoint your squad's tanks was a great feature in PF. Ah, its' probably only a dream.
Trek, I think so.
I feel that I'm the only one who still play Pz. When I googled the official forum of Pz, it's already down.. So I called a re-official forum for the yuku forum on my previous post.
I like PzF and I'm learning few computer programming languages, that's why, I have a same dream like you, may someday somebody or some team will develop PzF !

ypa ! I came to d right forum..

-tomnikov

Last edited by tomkiNov; 03-05-10 at 06:47 AM. Reason: hmm
Old 04-25-10, 07:29 PM   #26
KnightsCross
Bosun

Panzer Front [ps1] & PF Ausf B [ps2] have been my favorite games for many years, they are well worth a look at. Game play is almost the same as TvsT

- Panzer Front on ps1
lacks graphics but with over 30 scenarios [ Germany , UK, USA, USSR] the game content is great, you can completely program up to 4 other tanks and call in artillery

- Panzer Front Ausf B, ps2
has good graphics but has only 6 scenarios although you can play them from each nationality [German, Italian, UK & Australian] so some games can be 4 in 1. You can call in Artillery [smoke & HE] and Air support. You can also call for resupply, repair, new crew

You can also play them on pc operating with PSX emulators

I have played these games for years and still do, as a Tank Soldier I think this is one of the only WWII tank sims that is realistic and fun. If you are lucky enough to have Panzer Front Bis,which comes with an editor you would have hours of endless Tank time

Last edited by KnightsCross; 04-25-10 at 07:40 PM.
KnightsCross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-10, 12:39 AM   #27
murkz
Torpedoman

Downloads: 3

I still play Panzerfront ausf b every week. A great game and I play it on the pc with a ps2 emulator called pcsx2

http://thepanzerfront.yuku.com/topic/1993

http://panzersim.forumotion.com/othe...usf-b-t107.htm

The only downside is that it has some missing text for me when i set 16*aa.

Jeff

Last edited by murkz; 04-26-10 at 12:55 AM.
murkz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-10, 04:40 AM   #28
frinik
Grey Wolf

Default panzerfront

I don´t know guys may be <i ma spoiled but personally I don´tfind Panzer front is Ausf B particularly exciting.The graphics are Ok no more compared to pc sims like Steel Fury or TvsT they are way behind on par probably with Panzer Elite with the Ostpack mods and graphics.

The gameplay is rather linear, the sound is muffled and the atmosphere not particularly gripping.As for the graphic and sound effects they're on par again Panzer Elite which in fact has comparable specs and a variety of missions and playable tanks but more interesting.Mind you the fact that the 7 missions even played from all sides tend to be repetitive and the text is in Japanese does not help.Cute game but tank sim?Question mark certainly not comparable to the 2 main WWII tank sims I mentioned.

But devery game has its fans and what matters is what you like and find in a game.So don't take my comments as critcism or derision just my own view.

Cheers.
Old 05-15-10, 04:20 AM   #29
murkz
Torpedoman

Downloads: 3

The latest svn build of PCSX2 plays PF perfectly for me

Last edited by murkz; 05-15-10 at 04:42 AM.
murkz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-10, 09:29 AM   #30
Edward
Watch

Downloads: 186

Murkz

Thanks for the news. Tried it out and it works fine now

Sincerely
Edward
Edward is offline   Reply With Quote