Click here to access the Tanksim website
SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

BUYING GAMES, BOOKS, ELECTRONICS, and STUFF
THROUGH THIS LINK SUPPORTS SUBSIM, THANKS!

The Web's #1 BBS for all submarine and naval simulations!

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > General > Tanksim.com

Old 08-08-10, 02:35 PM   #1
Rends
Watch

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0
Default New Steel Fury Mission

Hi guys here is my first mission.
Itīs not an uber mission but my first map/mission for SF.
It comes with everything a stock mission has. History text, maps, image, briefing ingame text messages, random functions so it wonīt be the same everytime you play it.

Get it here

Once downloaded the best way to extract the zip file is rightclick and choose from the context menu extract to "Rends Steel Fury Missions".
Next follow the Readme:

Rends first test mission V.0.1

Installation instructions.

First make sure that you have the JSGME mod enabler installed and that the Steel Panzer mod 1.4 (or higher) is enabled.
Next copy the "Rends Steel fury missions" folder into the "MODS" folder you find under
c:/program files/Lighthouse Interactive/Steel Fury - Kharkov 1942
Run the JSGME mod enabler and activate "Rends Steel fury missions"
Nothing will be overwritten!
There is only one line that needs to be added to a file so the game engine knows about the new mission.

Open the user_camp.ENGCFG with notepad. You find the file under

c:/program files/Lighthouse Interactive/Steel Fury - Kharkov 1942/data/k42/loc_rus/levels/LEVELS/camp/

2. Now add following line between { }

Rds1, txt_mc_Rds1, 1, 0, rds1back.tga, txt_cit_01, 30, txt_histrends_intro, rds1karte, levels\levels\cm_users\Rds1.level;

If you havnīt made or installed any user missions it should look like this after adding the line:

//Graviteam mission create system ver. 0.1

user1()
{

Rds1, txt_mc_Rds1, 1, 0, rds1back.tga, txt_cit_01, 30, txt_histrends_intro, rds1karte, levels\levels\cm_users\Rds1.level;
} //end of user1

Close notepad and you will be asked to save the file. Click on the yes button.

Thatīs all!

What i need to know is:

I hope that i havnīt forget any file. Please report if it doesnīt work for you.
Well i could need a spell checker. English isnīt my native language and there might be some errors in the mission description.
How is the balance? I testet it with AI only and the germans lost everytime if i donīt command a PzIII.
So itīs up to you to win the mission.
How is framerate?
Any suggestions or ideas?

Rends

Last edited by Rends; 08-09-10 at 12:40 PM.

Old 08-08-10, 07:45 PM   #2
frinik
Grey Wolf

Default Thanks!

Thanks for the new mission Rends.Looking forward to playing it.I read your post on the Sim HQ forum. However one question comes to mind;since you created it using the Mission Editor why didnīt you make it available as a datapack file that we can unpack using the ME?It seems much simpler than using the JSGME(which I only use to enable mods).Thatīs what I do with the user-made missions that I make and those of others that I download?
frinik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-10, 02:56 AM   #3
Rends
Watch

Hi Frinik,
the only reason i didnīt pack it as datapack is that i donīt know what files will be packed and what files will be leaved out (text message file, map or background images?). I havnīt found any information about the pack feature and just wanted to make sure that all files are in my zip file. Would be cool if you can sheet some lights about the datapack feature.
Rends is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-10, 12:39 PM   #4
Rends
Watch

The all who already downloaded the file please read this.
Well there wasnīt many but anyways.
There is one file in the zip that shouldnīt be in.
If you never made own missions before or installed other usermade missions there wonīt be a problem but otherwise it can cause trouble and your own missions wonīt show up anymore.
This affect only missions you find under usermade missions. There is no problem with singleplayer or campaign mission from the stock game or Steel Panzer mod for example.

Please delete following file "user_camp.ENGCFG"

you find under "data/k42/loc_rus/levels/LEVELS/camp/" in the extracted zip file folder.

Donīt delete the one in your Steel Fury game folder!

Or trash the zip and download the mission again. Iīm just uploading it without the user_camp.ENGCFG file.

Sorry for the mess,
Rends

EDIT: New version without the file is available now under the same download link you find above

Last edited by Rends; 08-09-10 at 02:08 PM.
Old 08-09-10, 06:54 PM   #5
frinik
Grey Wolf

Default Will Ask re Datapack

Hi Rends,

I undertsand your predicament.My own user-made misisons donīt have text so that issue never came up-Iīll pōst on the Graviteam forum asking that question and check some of the threads to see if one deals with this.

Looking forward to trying your misisons.It will have to wait my retunr home because on holidays I donīt bring my games to devote all my time to my family.

Keep making them this is very good news.And donīt be afraid to post it on the tanksim.org.ru for our Russian friends to try.

Cheers
Old 08-10-10, 06:15 PM   #6
Rends
Watch

Nice that you want to try it out.
Still waiting for some feedback.

Rends
Old 08-10-10, 06:50 PM   #7
frinik
Grey Wolf

Default Feedback

Based on my own experience donīt expect too much feedback but as far as I am concerned I will definitely give you constructive comments.

Keep going!
Old 08-11-10, 03:35 PM   #8
Rends
Watch

Quote:
Originally Posted by frinik View Post
Based on my own experience donīt expect too much feedback but as far as I am concerned I will definitely give you constructive comments.

Keep going!
As for now i would be glad if someone could tell me if the mission works.
Old 08-12-10, 12:54 PM   #9
frinik
Grey Wolf

Default Feedback

Donīt worry Rends once I am home and can download your mission and play it youīll be hearing from me!
Old 08-12-10, 06:25 PM   #10
Txema
中国水兵

Downloads: 365

Hi Rends,

I have installed your mission and it works perfectly. I get the briefing, the messages... everything seems to be working perfectly.

Now I need time to play through it properly. In any case, it looks very good !!!

Thank you very much and please keep the good work !!!

I am looking forward to new missions

Txema
Txema is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-10, 07:00 PM   #11
Rends
Watch

Quote:
Originally Posted by frinik View Post
Donīt worry Rends once I am home and can download your mission and play it youīll be hearing from me!
ok, iīm waiting for your feedback!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Txema View Post
Hi Rends,

I have installed your mission and it works perfectly. I get the briefing, the messages... everything seems to be working perfectly.

Now I need time to play through it properly. In any case, it looks very good !!!

Thank you very much and please keep the good work !!!

I am looking forward to new missions

Txema
Thx, Txema, that was the message i want to hear

Now i will go on working on new missions. If all works well i will even try out if itīs possible to create a new campaign.
Old 08-13-10, 07:52 PM   #12
Txema
中国水兵

Downloads: 365

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rends View Post
ok, iīm waiting for your feedback!

Thx, Txema, that was the message i want to hear

Now i will go on working on new missions. If all works well i will even try out if itīs possible to create a new campaign.
Wow !!!

I think that creating a Barbarossa campaign would be an excelent idea !!!

These early war battles can be very interesting. Really looking forward to more of them

Txema
Txema is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-10, 06:21 AM   #13
Rends
Watch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Txema View Post
Wow !!!

I think that creating a Barbarossa campaign would be an excelent idea !!!

These early war battles can be very interesting. Really looking forward to more of them

Txema
Guess i found out how to make a campaign. Well at least it works with 2 test missions i made.
Barbarossa campaign, hmm. Need to think about it.
Old 08-19-10, 04:51 PM   #14
Enigma65
Sailor man

Downloads: 6

Rends or anyone who cares to respond...

I've just been looking again into Steel Fury, been wondering whether there are any good resources in utilizing the mission editor? Any advice would be most appreciated.
Old 08-20-10, 05:47 PM   #15
frinik
Grey Wolf

Default sf mission

Rends as promised I downloaded and played your mission. I liked it. Well done although for some odd reason twice I got a mission failed message after I passed the message to take on the remaining Soviet forces although I still had 4 Panzer III s intact and the enemy forces were almost destroyed.Not sure if I did something wrong or is it just a glitch?

Otherwise well done.You put lotīs of work into it and itīs gratifying to play the results.

The Panzer IIIs though lack punch.Could you use Panzer IV F2s for the next one?Their 75 mm pack more hitting power....

Congrats and looking forward to your next one!!!!

Enigma65 thereīs a basic mission editor tutorial video made by fabianFred sometimes in 2008 on one of the older SF threads either on this forum or you can just google Steel Fury Mission Editor and youīll get a few hits.

C