SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > Silent Hunter III
Forget password? Reset here

Old 01-02-20, 01:42 PM   #1
xouftalo
Swabbie

Downloads: 44
Uploads: 0
Default Lorient to Penang. Is it a game bug?

In Sept. 44 while in the middle of a patrol I got a message that Lorient (my base in 2nd flotilla) is no longer available for operations. I finished my patrol, and returned early October, guessing that I'll be transferred to Bergen, since all French bases are falling to enemy hands. But I was for a bad surprise for been reassigned to Penang. On top of it, the game didn't allow me after the patrol to go to the barracks and upgrade my ship. My new grid is blank and when I tried to play this new mission, en route I got a message specific for my U-boat telling me that the base is relocated to Jakarta.

Any ideas to bypass this? I don't want to go to the Indian Ocean -too far away and no renown- and the game didn't allow me to access the transfer phone. I'm at a loss Kameraden.

(by the way, is this related with SH3 Commander? Lately it has become completely unstable, crashing the game and altering my U-boat top speed)

Last edited by xouftalo; 01-02-20 at 02:07 PM.
xouftalo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-20, 02:24 PM   #2
K-61
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 39

Not sure about the reassignment to Jakarta. As for your boat's top speed changing; do you have "malfunctions, sabotage" enabled in Sh3 Commander? If so, then it could be either sabotage by French dock workers or a malfunction at sea. U-boats were well built and reliable, but all things mechanical can wear out or break down over time.
Old 01-02-20, 02:36 PM   #3
xouftalo
Swabbie

SH# Commander is known to have problems with Win7 lately. I do have the sabotage-malfunction option, but generally the app makes the game unstable. If I try to click rollback in the next mission I have a lot of issues. And of course I can not start the game via Commander. Some guys in the forum said that it has to do with Microsoft starting to abandon Win7 support. dunno....
Old 01-02-20, 02:50 PM   #4
Anvar1061
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 846

Make sure you are in the home port. (Jakarta) Otherwise, the resupply functions and barracks will not be available.
Old 01-02-20, 03:04 PM   #5
xouftalo
Swabbie

Oh, god... You mean I have to really go over there? Is there no other way? Pfff... So, I really go to Jakarta, I dock and then I can ask for transfer? Why they do this. Is out of grid. Anyway, thank you.

On second thought I think I will go back to base before my last mission from Lorient and ask then for reassignment.