SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > Silent Hunter III
Forget password? Reset here

Old 12-31-19, 11:09 PM   #1
fastfed
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 246
Uploads: 0
Default GREAT!!! now im getting CTD with hsie installed

Had GWX and a few other mods installed, worked great, no issues, no crashes. which is rare for this game, I always delt with this issue and it always ruined this game for me.

anyway, forgot about the hsie install, so I did it, everything is great, but the second I get to a port or heavy traffic area, boom. CTD

any thoughts?
fastfed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-19, 11:29 PM   #2
fastfed
Grey Wolf

yep, total CTD when anything heavy is needed to load. This happened to me a few days ago, then I forgot about the 4gb patch, installed that and no more issues.

now I install this HSIE thing, worked while out in sea with nothing around me, but once I hit about 50km to port, boom CTD

tried a new career, BOOM CTD

single player mission with no ships near me, no issues.

someone smart enough has to know what the deal is, i'll give it another day or two, really always go back to SH3 every few years after I get a new rig and it seems its always the same story with this game and mods.
Old 01-01-20, 03:56 AM   #3
Anvar1061
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 846

Have you carefully read the instructions for installing the Patch?
Old 01-01-20, 09:42 AM   #4
John Pancoast
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 490
Uploads: 4

Post your mod list. You've installed something wrong re Hsie's patch I would bet. Installed correctly, it works perfectly.
Old 01-01-20, 09:07 PM   #5
fastfed
Grey Wolf

my mods have nothing to do with it, I've been playing for days with no issues.

hate to say it, but its a crap shoot, sometimes you install the wrong thing from time to time and these things happen. If I search CTD and SH3 there are more results listed then searching for milfs lol
Old 01-01-20, 09:32 PM   #6
John Pancoast
Ocean Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by fastfed View Post
my mods have nothing to do with it, I've been playing for days with no issues.

hate to say it, but its a crap shoot, sometimes you install the wrong thing from time to time and these things happen. If I search CTD and SH3 there are more results listed then searching for milfs lol

<shrug> Ok. I was just referencing that you stated that you had then decided to install Hsie's patch and the ctd problems started.

Seems like a mod conflict with Hsie and/or it wasn't installed correctly would be the first place to look.
Old 01-02-20, 11:38 AM   #7
fastfed
Grey Wolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Pancoast View Post
<shrug> Ok. I was just referencing that you stated that you had then decided to install Hsie's patch and the ctd problems started.

Seems like a mod conflict with Hsie and/or it wasn't installed correctly would be the first place to look.

yea basically, is there a list of mods somewhere written that is not compatible with the HSIE? if so that would be cool, something tells me it doesn't exist.

pretty sure I installed the patch correctly, I could try again, not going to put this much effort into it, I hate going through this.

Over the years when I first got SH3 and got into adding mods I went through this crap, many here will remember waiting 10+ minutes for SH3 GWX with mods to load, used to go for a walk or take a shower while its loading.

Only to find out it was a CTD because you didn't save the game in the perfect location

over the years my computers were built better and better and the load times would improve, now it only take a a minute or 2, but the crashing it seems is still here and will always be part of SH3.

I've spent hours upon hours, reloading the game, reinstalling mods and even formatting at one time only to find out we really don't have a clue of why these crashes happen.
Old 01-02-20, 11:48 AM   #8
John Pancoast
Ocean Warrior

Quote:
yea basically, is there a list of mods somewhere written that is not compatible with the HSIE? if so that would be cool, something tells me it doesn't exist.

pretty sure I installed the patch correctly, I could try again, not going to put this much effort into it, I hate going through this.

Over the years when I first got SH3 and got into adding mods I went through this crap, many here will remember waiting 10+ minutes for SH3 GWX with mods to load, used to go for a walk or take a shower while its loading.

Only to find out it was a CTD because you didn't save the game in the perfect location

over the years my computers were built better and better and the load times would improve, now it only take a a minute or 2, but the crashing it seems is still here and will always be part of SH3.

I've spent hours upon hours, reloading the game, reinstalling mods and even formatting at one time only to find out we really don't have a clue of why these crashes happen.

Up to you. There a plenty here including myself who are glad to help installing Hsie's patch. Anvar1061 is one of the most knowledgable and helpful people here; he asked you a question earlier.
I would bet it's not installed correctly.

Regarding SH3 crashing, there is always a reason. CTD's don't happen "just because."

I've been running GWX with both Hsie's and Stiebler's patches along with several other mods for many campaigns now. Others have too.

Sometimes I get a ctd trying to load a saved game, many times not, and when I do if I keep trying it eventually loads.

I never have that problem with NYGM fwiw. Most likely the difference is the number of units (ships, planes, boats, etc.) in GWX vs NYGM trying to load.

But as I said, up to you.

Last edited by John Pancoast; 01-02-20 at 12:07 PM.
John Pancoast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-20, 12:02 PM   #9
John Pancoast
Ocean Warrior

Quote:

Also btw, it's not just if a mod is compatible with another. The order mods are installed can make a difference too as to whether they cause problems or not.
That's why I asked for your mod list.

I.e., Hsie's should in general be the last mod installed. Is it in your case ?
Old 01-02-20, 01:47 PM   #10
Anvar1061
Ocean Warrior

Thank you for listening to my humble opinion. The first thing I do when I get a CTD I check the game SH Validator. And only after that I look for an error deleting the latest mods.
Old 01-02-20, 01:52 PM   #11
John Pancoast
Ocean Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anvar1061 View Post
Thank you for listening to my humble opinion. The first thing I do when I get a CTD I check the game SH Validator. And only after that I look for an error deleting the latest mods.
A very good troubleshooting procedure.
Old 01-02-20, 02:22 PM   #12
Anvar1061
Ocean Warrior

In the patch Stiebler & H. Sie's V16C there is a module CAM ship, which many do not pay attention to. Need to change
ClassName=M36B
UnitType=8; 102
in data/Cammpaigns/Campaign_RND.mis and Campaign_SCR.mis files, Otherwise will CTD 100%.
Old 01-02-20, 02:37 PM   #13
John Pancoast
Ocean Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anvar1061 View Post
In the patch Stiebler & H. Sie's V16C there is a module CAM ship, which many do not pay attention to. Need to change
ClassName=M36B
UnitType=8; 102
in data/Cammpaigns/Campaign_RND.mis and Campaign_SCR.mis files, Otherwise will CTD 100%.
Very common error. But I think he's only running Hsie's patch and the cam ship is only applied with Stiebler's.

I'm curious about the statement "I forgot about the 4gb patch"; does this mean the one with Hsie's patch, some other one, or what.
Old 01-02-20, 05:12 PM   #14
fastfed
Grey Wolf

Quote:
Also btw, it's not just if a mod is compatible with another. The order mods are installed can make a difference too as to whether they cause problems or not.
That's why I asked for your mod list.

I.e., Hsie's should in general be the last mod installed. Is it in your case ?
Yes,the supplemental mod for Hsie is the last to be installed.
Old 01-02-20, 05:17 PM   #15
fastfed
Grey Wolf

Quote:
Very common error. But I think he's only running Hsie's patch and the cam ship is only applied with Stiebler's.

I'm curious about the statement "I forgot about the 4gb patch"; does this mean the one with Hsie's patch, some other one, or what.
I was explaining that I was getting a CTD after I installed a small handful of mods,only to realize I forgot about the 4gb patch, allowing the game to use more memory.

After I installed that it fixed my issue, running fine as stated for many missions.

Installed the hsie, patched the sh3.exe, loaded in the extra messages, loaded the wolfpacks and enabled the supplement via jsgme . CTD in heavy ports/lots of loading of stuff.

I deleted the campaign file thinking I messed up the wolfpacks info, no change