SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > Silent Hunter 4: Wolves of the Pacific
Forget password? Reset here

Old 11-04-20, 05:49 AM   #1
jorgegonzalito
Officer

Downloads: 322
Uploads: 0
Default Change radar A-Scope view for PPI

In all cases where I go to the radar, I always appear in front of the oscilloscope or A-Scope, and I have the PPI screen next to me. I could not find a way to change the view, to appear in front of the PPI screen. Is this possible? Thank you.
jorgegonzalito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-20, 07:50 AM   #2
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 439
Uploads: 2

Look for "SH4_Q-Ref_Card_Front.jpg" in your game's root folder for the keyboard short-cuts, though I do not think Stock has a shortcut that takes you directly to the PPI screen, in which case you will have to use the menu buttons at the bottom of your screen. Usually, it would be the far-left button, once you are fully on the Radar screen, and have the Radar menu buttons displayed.

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-20, 07:19 PM   #3
jorgegonzalito
Officer

Downloads: 322
Uploads: 0
Default Hi propbeanie

Quote:
Originally Posted by propbeanie View Post
Look for "SH4_Q-Ref_Card_Front.jpg" in your game's root folder for the keyboard short-cuts, though I do not think Stock has a shortcut that takes you directly to the PPI screen, in which case you will have to use the menu buttons at the bottom of your screen. Usually, it would be the far-left button, once you are fully on the Radar screen, and have the Radar menu buttons displayed.

Thanks for your answer. As you explained, the radar change occurs while facing the screen, with the icons on the left. Just now I am dealing with the radar and sonar, it happens that I was very naive in thinking that I could trust the crew, and that is why in another post I complained about the poor information they provided me regarding close contacts. The point is that the crew is in their posts, they even have faces, names and surnames and a record of services, but the reality is that one has to take care of everything. That's the most unreal thing about this submarine simulator. Cheers!
jorgegonzalito is offline   Reply With Quote