SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > General > Sub & Naval Discussions: World Naval News, Books, & Films
Forget password? Reset here

Old 06-07-21, 11:29 AM   #31
FireDragon76
Bosun

Downloads: 111
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by mapuc View Post
I have been thinking.

China has archieved so much the last 50 years, going from nothing to become a moderne society, they are on the way to be the next leading superpower, why put all this at stake, by attacking Taiwan.

Markus

China benefits alot from trade with Taiwan so I don't think they are eager to kill the goose that lays the golden egg.

Chinese also play the long game. Most Taiwanese people are committed to closer ties to the mainland, so some kind of reunification is probably inevitable.
FireDragon76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-21, 01:48 PM   #32
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireDragon76 View Post
China benefits alot from trade with Taiwan so I don't think they are eager to kill the goose that lays the golden egg.

Chinese also play the long game. Most Taiwanese people are committed to closer ties to the mainland, so some kind of reunification is probably inevitable.
I think you're right.

I think you are also right about SK and Japan-They would defend China's action if China does invade Taiwan - Anything to avoid war with China.

China has developed into a real superpower in the region and no neighbour countries feel the need to have a fight with them.

Markus

My little lovely female cat
mapuc is online   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-21, 11:21 PM   #33
FireDragon76
Bosun

Downloads: 111

Quote:
Originally Posted by mapuc View Post
I think you're right.

I think you are also right about SK and Japan-They would defend China's action if China does invade Taiwan - Anything to avoid war with China.

China has developed into a real superpower in the region and no neighbour countries feel the need to have a fight with them.

Markus

It's also cultural- Korea has historically had very close ties to China in particular, beyond politics. US style anti-Chinese sentiment isn't going to play there. In a relatively recent Korean slasher film that was a metaphor for global politics, the US relationship to South Korea was represented by a lurking monster bred from toxic waste. Not exactly the most positive image.

If any country supported the US in East Asia against China, it would probably be Japan. But I think that's a long shot.
FireDragon76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-21, 04:35 PM   #34
Mr Quatro
Navy Seal

Downloads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireDragon76 View Post

I agree ... a lot of the stories about China mad at Taiwan are just made up click bait stories, but there was a lady many years ago (back in the1960's) from like Norway or somewhere up in that region that prophesied that a small country would start WW III.

Here it is ... I found it

http://www.bethelbarrie.ca/wordpress...-in-Norway.pdf

1968 Prophecy by 90 Year Old Woman in Norway

Quote:
An old woman of 90 from Valdres in Norway had a vision from God in 1968. The evangelist Emanuel
Minos had meetings (services) where she lived. He had the opportunity to meet her, and she told him
what she had seen. He wrote it down, but thought it to be so unintelligible that he put it in a drawer.
Now, almost 30 years later, he understands he has to share the vision with others.
The woman from Valdres was a very alert, reliable, awake and credible Christian, with a good
reputation among all who knew her. This is what she saw:
"I saw the time just before the coming of Jesus and the outbreak of the Third World War. I saw the
events with my natural eyes. I saw the world like a kind of a globe and saw Europe, land by land. I
saw Scandinavia. I saw Norway. I saw certain things that would take place just before the return of
Jesus, and just before the last calamity happens, a calamity the likes of which we have never before
experienced.
That was 1968, but here's another one from 1937 even more terrifyingly coming true.

WHEN THE OIL FLOWS

Quote:
An elder in the Pentecostal Church at Moss, Norway, Martin Andersen, heard the following prophecy
in 1937, in Moss:
Quote:
‘When oil comes out of the North Sea and along the Norwegian coast, things will begin to happen,
and the return of Jesus is approaching.’
When these words had been proclaimed, people stood up in the congregation and asked the man to sit down and not speak such nonsense.
In 1937 it was indeed nonsense to talk about oil being pumped along the Norwegian coast.

Today all the world’s big oil companies are pumping oil along the
coast of Norway. Norway is the world’s second greatest exporter of oil - after Saudi Arabia.
or achievement

Lord help me get to the next plateau ..

Mr Quatro is offline   Reply With Quote