SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > Silent Hunter III
Forget password? Reset here

Old 01-01-21, 09:54 PM   #1
RearAdmiralToad
Swabbie

Downloads: 9
Uploads: 0
Default How to install the radio portion (step 3.1) of hsie’s patch?

It says I need to add it into the cfg file, but when I did that it did not fix it. Does anyone have a tutorial or help with how to add it into the .cfg file. It is the menu_en.cfg or something like that.
RearAdmiralToad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-21, 01:57 AM   #2
Anvar1061
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 843

data/Menu/en_menu.txt
https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showpos...93&postcount=3
Old 01-02-21, 02:14 AM   #3
John Pancoast
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 488
Uploads: 4

Just like H.sie's instructions say:

1. Copy file en_menu.txt to the data/menu folder found in the Supplement folder of his patch. It is found at the same path in your games install.
2. Copy/paste the text found in the "append to en_menu.txt" file of his patch after the end of the text found in this en_menu.txt file from above.
3. If you use the German text in the game do the same with the de_menu.txt file, otherwise ignore it. Only need to change the file you'll use.

Done.
Old 01-02-21, 12:45 PM   #4
RearAdmiralToad
Swabbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Pancoast View Post
Just like H.sie's instructions say:

1. Copy file en_menu.txt to the data/menu folder found in the Supplement folder of his patch. It is found at the same path in your games install.
2. Copy/paste the text found in the "append to en_menu.txt" file of his patch after the end of the text found in this en_menu.txt file from above.
3. If you use the German text in the game do the same with the de_menu.txt file, otherwise ignore it. Only need to change the file you'll use.

Done.
I figured out what it meant with the data/menu folder. I couldn't really figure out what to do so I combined the append to en_menu with the en_menu.txt and then put the whole (originally .zip) file from the V16B1 folder into the mods folder in my SH3 directory. I then loaded it up using JSGME but it still gave me the blank messages. The main thing is I am having a hard time understanding the directions and what to do.
Old 01-02-21, 12:53 PM   #5
John Pancoast
Ocean Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by RearAdmiralToad View Post
I figured out what it meant with the data/menu folder. I couldn't really figure out what to do so I combined the append to en_menu with the en_menu.txt and then put the whole (originally .zip) file from the V16B1 folder into the mods folder in my SH3 directory. I then loaded it up using JSGME but it still gave me the blank messages. The main thing is I am having a hard time understanding the directions and what to do.
If by "....put the whole (originally .zip) file from the....." you meant it was still in the 7zip format, that is the problem.
The Supplement folder that needs to go into JSGME is in that zip file.

Let me know if that is the problem and we'll go from there.
Old 01-02-21, 08:43 PM   #6
RearAdmiralToad
Swabbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Pancoast View Post
If by "....put the whole (originally .zip) file from the....." you meant it was still in the 7zip format, that is the problem.
The Supplement folder that needs to go into JSGME is in that zip file.

Let me know if that is the problem and we'll go from there.
Still not working for some reason. I'll just post an exact list of what I did. I am confident I messed up somewhere here.

1. Unzipped the "Supplement to V16B1 (JGSME)" zip file. This was at /V16B!-Patch-Installed/

2. Copied (copied not cut so there is still another en_menu.txt that is unedited at steam/steamapps/common/Silent Hunter 3/data/menu/) the en_menu.txt file from steam/steamapps/common/Silent Hunter 3/data/menu/ to the data/menu file in the V16B1 folder or at \V16B1-Patch-installed\Supplement to V16B1 (JSGME)\Data\Menu\

3. Copied all of the text from the _Append_to_en_menu.txt file at /V16B1-Patch-installed/ to the end of the en_menu.txt file at \V16B1-Patch-installed\Supplement to V16B1 (JSGME)\Data\Menu\

4. I moved the Supplement to V16B1 folder that I unzipped in step 1 to the steam/steamapps/common/Silent Hunter 3/MODS/ folder.

5. I loaded in Supplement to V16B1 (JSGME) with JSGME.

I bolded some words just to have emphasis on them. This is due to me keeping the original en_menu.txt file and not touching in the SH3 directory. Thanks for the help so far!
Old 01-03-21, 03:23 AM   #7
John Pancoast
Ocean Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by RearAdmiralToad View Post
Still not working for some reason. I'll just post an exact list of what I did. I am confident I messed up somewhere here.

1. Unzipped the "Supplement to V16B1 (JGSME)" zip file. This was at /V16B!-Patch-Installed/

2. Copied (copied not cut so there is still another en_menu.txt that is unedited at steam/steamapps/common/Silent Hunter 3/data/menu/) the en_menu.txt file from steam/steamapps/common/Silent Hunter 3/data/menu/ to the data/menu file in the V16B1 folder or at \V16B1-Patch-installed\Supplement to V16B1 (JSGME)\Data\Menu\

3. Copied all of the text from the _Append_to_en_menu.txt file at /V16B1-Patch-installed/ to the end of the en_menu.txt file at \V16B1-Patch-installed\Supplement to V16B1 (JSGME)\Data\Menu\

4. I moved the Supplement to V16B1 folder that I unzipped in step 1 to the steam/steamapps/common/Silent Hunter 3/MODS/ folder.

5. I loaded in Supplement to V16B1 (JSGME) with JSGME.

I bolded some words just to have emphasis on them. This is due to me keeping the original en_menu.txt file and not touching in the SH3 directory. Thanks for the help so far!
It sounds like you placed the Supplement folder inside another folder called /V16B!-Patch-Installed/ ?
If so that is the problem; the Supplement folder itself goes into your JSGME mods folder.
Or maybe that was just a working folder you created to make the patch ?
Also what signs do you have that it is not working ?

I'm unfamiliar with Steam but iirc it can cause some modding problems with SH3, not sure.
Hopefully someone who uses Steam will join in or maybe try a google regarding it and SH3.

Tags
hsie, mod, patch, radio, sh3