Click here to access the Tanksim website
SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

BUYING GAMES, BOOKS, ELECTRONICS, and STUFF
THROUGH THIS LINK SUPPORTS SUBSIM, THANKS!

The Web's #1 BBS for all submarine and naval simulations!

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > General > Tanksim.com

Old 12-05-08, 07:12 PM   #1
Eugene
A-ganger

Downloads: 226
Uploads: 0
Default Help with Steel Panzer Mod 1.2 ENG Error

I am looking for some help to correctly patch the english/western version of this promising sim up to the new 1.2 status, using the JSME Generic Mod Enabler. So far, I've:

1. DL-ed the Steel Sound Mod v1.1 fix eng
2. Unofficial patch SFv0.1 eng
3. Steel Panzer Mod 1.2
4. Installed the GoGamer DVD box English version of Steel Fury
5. Installed the three patches/mods from the SF main directory, and enabled them, SP Mod 1.2 last.

The game installed and ran well with both the Sound Mod 1.1fix and the unofficial patch enabled via the ModEnabler.

When I installed the new mod 1.2, English version, I got a warning from the Mod Enabler that "MAIN.DATAPACK" has already been altered by the "Unofficial_patch_SF_v0.1_eng" mod.
"loc_kit.text" has already been altered by the "Unofficial_patch_SF_v0.1_eng" mod. Followed by a warning that enabling the mod "may" have adverse effects on your game.

Since the instructions for 1.2 Mod say that it needs both the Sound Mod 1.1 and the Unofficial Patch 0.1, I said "yes" continue.

Launching any scenario inside SF results in a CTD and the following message:

Exception core:
001: Error initialization program.

I've disabled all the mods, started over in order with the mods, and verified that the program runs fine with the sound mod (fix) and the unofficial patch. It only crashes once the 1.2 Eng mod is enabled. I'm assuming the Sound Mod 1.1 is correct, although it has "fix" attached to the name, and I don't know whether there is an earlier version that is required first (and this 1.1 is a patch of the mod...but I doubt it!)

Can anyone suggest the solution to successfully enabling the 1.2 mod? Thanks in advance for any help.

Old 12-06-08, 02:16 AM   #2
Eugene
A-ganger

Downloads: 226
Uploads: 0

Update. Ignoring the instruction at the end of the readme for Steel Panzer Mod 1.2 that states that the Unofficial patch v.0.1 should be installed (along with Steel Sound mod 1.1) "for correct work of this mod"...

---I made a fresh install of Steel Fury
---Enabled the Sound Mod 1.1 and only the English Steel Panzer Mod 1.2.
---Enabled no mods that earlier had resulted in the warning about a file already being altered (as with the earlier Unofficial patch).

Result: SF ran just fine so far as I can tell, through the 2nd and 3rd tutorials and a single player mission.

Not sure about the wisdom of ignoring the instruction in the 1.2 read me to enable the Unofficial Patch, but it works.