SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SHIII Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 01-14-21, 04:55 PM   #31
ericlea
Samurai Navy

Downloads: 109
Uploads: 0

Thank you Fifi, we will all play CCOM12 again now !

Ahnenerbe_WS-GUI_1920x1080_fuer_CCoM_11.1-12-FULL MAP UPDATE + functional draggable chrono :

https://www.dropbox.com/s/l6o56hflccub5u5/ahnenerbe_ws-gui_1920x1080_fuer_ccom_11.1-12-full%20map%20update%20%2B%20functional%20draggable %20chrono.rar?dl=1

ericlea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-21, 05:27 PM   #32
Fifi
Navy Seal

Downloads: 452

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Pancoast View Post
No, I asked the same question awhile back and iirc the reply was something like save/exit the game when near port, edit the necessary files, reload the save.
But I could never get it working and/or I didn't understand the reply so I haven't bothered with using them since.
I like how the pennants show the correct info. in AOD.

But I bet it would be easy for you/your skills to figure out ! <hint, hint>
What is AOD?
Fifi is online   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-21, 05:46 PM   #33
Mad Mardigan
Admiral

Downloads: 491

SHO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fifi View Post
What is AOD?
ahoy, Fifi...

Thanks for the add in work you did. Gonna download it & add it in.

Am guessing here... AoD = Aces of the Deep... perhaps.

M. M.

Old 01-14-21, 05:47 PM   #34
Anvart
Admiral

Downloads: 122
Uploads: 1
wolf_howl15

Quote:
In order to raise the pennants when back home (very close to deck), you should add this line in my Data/Cfg/Commands_En
So when hitting "shift+K" the pennants will appear.
But first, you have to hit "Ctrl+Page up" to fully raise attack periscope!
Hello, Fifi
What is the elevation of the periscope raising in your example?
This mod is designed for the speed and height of the periscope raising as in the original game (5 m).
I am the author of the mod "..._ DFa-Flag & Pens_2010".
After changing the status of the submarine to InHarbor (or InHarbor_Neitral) after the automatic raising of the rear periscope, the animation of lifting the cable with pennants will automatically start. In the original mod, the pause time before raising the pennants is calculated for raising the periscope by 5 m (original). If someone wants to raise the periscope by 7 m, then the pause time must be increased by 4 (better by 5 seconds) ... while after the automatic raising of the periscope, the pennants will automatically appear on it.
This is the right decision - see the picture in the spoiler.
But some comrades do not understand the work of the mod or do not want to study the mod ... they offer solutions corresponding to their level of "understanding" of the mod and thereby discredit the idea of ​​the mod.

Moses said: "Don't create yourself an idol"...

Last edited by Anvart; 01-14-21 at 05:58 PM.
Anvart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-21, 06:07 PM   #35
Stahlsarg-Tobi
Bosun

Downloads: 200

Hello!
AoD means Aces of the deep,an old U-Boat Simulator from 1993(if I remember right),this old game is,until today,one of the best simulaters for U-Boat gaming in my opinion.
It is installed on my rig today again.The grafics are very old but evrything else

is very realistic.This game was made by Dynamix.
Because of playing this game in these old days,I was disappointed from SH3 in 2005.SH3 seems to me like a backstep when I played it the first time.
But today I feel well with SH3.
Stahlsarg-Tobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-21, 06:32 PM   #36
a-kermit
A-ganger

Downloads: 66

@FIFI ... you have the crew on deck of my "UCS 3.01 for WAC 5.xx use with the" automatic in port "+ timer function for the automatic" crew below deck ". Don't mind, but ... then you have to explain to people what that entails. may not be to everyone's taste. So: When the submarine is in port or arrives, the crew automatically goes to deck ... even if you send them back down manually, they are there again immediately ... "automatic port". If you are now at port or on the open sea and the crew on deck is at full speed and / or going ahead (even if it is only briefly) the crew goes "below deck" after about 55 seconds ... "timer- Automatic ". So you have to avoid full and extreme voyages when leaving the port and only go on it when you want to have the crew down on the timer. To change or remove this you have to delete the respective entries in the respective "Crew_Typexx.dat" ... "INHARBOR", "IN HARBOR NEUTRAL", ... Port automatic "Ahead_flank" and "Ahead_full" automatic timers

Greetings Kermit

Edit: How about if you could incorporate a text in the start loading screen ... for example "In memory of ROWIE58" or something similar?

Last edited by a-kermit; 01-14-21 at 07:01 PM.
a-kermit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-21, 08:30 PM   #37
John Pancoast
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 490
Uploads: 4

Quote:
What is AOD?
Aces of the Deep. Sacrilege that you didn't know that.
Old 01-14-21, 10:39 PM   #38
Mad Mardigan
Admiral

Downloads: 491

SHO Re: Question...

Ahoy...

Got the enhancements by Fifi added in, and noting something... a tad off with just starting a career... (new one, I might add, just to clarify & yes, that did include My taking out the TAM kombi mod, as I was using it before I added in this mod, as well as the new enviro from before... unless I was supposed to leave that in & activated in place before the enhancement mod.. )
& the oddity I noticed...
when using the ruler & the compass tools on the Nav map... the starting point using them... is not centered with the tool, they're offset by a good bit. (See attached snap shots, for clarity on this point, thanks..)

Compass tool snap shot:

Ruler tool snapshot:

Any one else , noticed this, by chance..??

Despite the offset, I was able to use them, but.. it took a bit of doing to get the marker icons where I needed them to start off from... wasn't easy...

Other than this... looks grand, thanks for the work on it Fifi...

M. M.

Old 01-15-21, 02:00 AM   #39
Fifi
Navy Seal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anvart View Post
Hello, Fifi
What is the elevation of the periscope raising in your example?
This mod is designed for the speed and height of the periscope raising as in the original game (5 m).
I am the author of the mod "..._ DFa-Flag & Pens_2010".
After changing the status of the submarine to InHarbor (or InHarbor_Neitral) after the automatic raising of the rear periscope, the animation of lifting the cable with pennants will automatically start. In the original mod, the pause time before raising the pennants is calculated for raising the periscope by 5 m (original). If someone wants to raise the periscope by 7 m, then the pause time must be increased by 4 (better by 5 seconds) ... while after the automatic raising of the periscope, the pennants will automatically appear on it.
This is the right decision - see the picture in the spoiler.
But some comrades do not understand the work of the mod or do not want to study the mod ... they offer solutions corresponding to their level of "understanding" of the mod and thereby discredit the idea of ​​the mod.

Thank you, i will check this.
Pennants were already included in Ccom12, i didn’t import them...always had problems seeing them

Quote:
Originally Posted by a-kermit View Post
@FIFI ... you have the crew on deck of my "UCS 3.01 for WAC 5.xx use with the" automatic in port "+ timer function for the automatic" crew below deck ". Don't mind, but ... then you have to explain to people what that entails. may not be to everyone's taste. So: When the submarine is in port or arrives, the crew automatically goes to deck ... even if you send them back down manually, they are there again immediately ... "automatic port". If you are now at port or on the open sea and the crew on deck is at full speed and / or going ahead (even if it is only briefly) the crew goes "below deck" after about 55 seconds ... "timer- Automatic ". So you have to avoid full and extreme voyages when leaving the port and only go on it when you want to have the crew down on the timer. To change or remove this you have to delete the respective entries in the respective "Crew_Typexx.dat" ... "INHARBOR", "IN HARBOR NEUTRAL", ... Port automatic "Ahead_flank" and "Ahead_full" automatic timers

Greetings Kermit

Edit: How about if you could incorporate a text in the start loading screen ... for example "In memory of ROWIE58" or something similar?
Thank you Kermit, i will also check this. Didn’t know it was from you.
Good idea for in memory of Rowi58...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Mardigan View Post
Ahoy...

Got the enhancements by Fifi added in, and noting something... a tad off with just starting a career... (new one, I might add, just to clarify & yes, that did include My taking out the TAM kombi mod, as I was using it before I added in this mod, as well as the new enviro from before... unless I was supposed to leave that in & activated in place before the enhancement mod.. )
& the oddity I noticed...
when using the ruler & the compass tools on the Nav map... the starting point using them... is not centered with the tool, they're offset by a good bit. (See attached snap shots, for clarity on this point, thanks..)

Compass tool snap shot:

Ruler tool snapshot:

Any one else , noticed this, by chance..??

Despite the offset, I was able to use them, but.. it took a bit of doing to get the marker icons where I needed them to start off from... wasn't easy...

Other than this... looks grand, thanks for the work on it Fifi...

M. M.

Mad, it has to be on your side. No such issue here, everything is ok with map tools
Old 01-15-21, 02:13 AM   #40
Anvar1061
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 846

Quote:
How about if you could incorporate a text in the start loading screen ... for example "In memory of ROWIE58" or something similar?

SH3 Commander CCoM\Cfg\SH3 options.cfg
;Loadup text
en_13=CCoM - `C0x00CCFFFF`In memory of ROWI58`C0x00CCFFFF` Captain's Choice of Mods - V 12.0 (SH3_Cmdr)
de_13=CCoM - `C0x00CCFFFF`In Erinnerung an ROWI58`C0x00CCFFFF` Captain's Choice of Mods - V 12.0 (SH3_Cmdr)
fr_13=CCoM - `C0x00CCFFFF`Ŕ la mémoire de ROWI58`C0x00CCFFFF` Captain's Choice of Mods - V 12.0 (SH3_Cmdr)
Old 01-15-21, 04:29 AM   #41
a-kermit
A-ganger

Mion'sen ...
I'll make a mini-fix, so that everyone can choose for themselves, whether with or without "port automatic".
Is not necessarily each man's thing.
Was also then Experimentel and somehow slipped into WAC, and since I found it good, I had left it so.

Should I also remove the "timer function" or should it continue to be used ?
Without "port automatic" I can also shorten the time from the command "full speed ahead" to the "crew below deck" to about 25 -35 seconds instead of 55 sec.

Greeting Kermit

Last edited by a-kermit; 01-15-21 at 04:37 AM.
Old 01-15-21, 04:53 AM   #42
Fifi
Navy Seal

Quote:
Mion'sen ...
I'll make a mini-fix, so that everyone can choose for themselves, whether with or without "port automatic".
Is not necessarily each man's thing.
Was also then Experimentel and somehow slipped into WAC, and since I found it good, I had left it so.

Should I also remove the "timer function" or should it continue to be used ?
Without "port automatic" I can also shorten the time from the command "full speed ahead" to the "crew below deck" to about 25 -35 seconds instead of 55 sec.

Greeting Kermit
Not necessary in my opinion...i have fixed the crew on deck as per your instructions, and the pennants too!

I will upload new & last version very soon
Old 01-15-21, 05:00 AM   #43
Fifi
Navy Seal

WILL UPLOAD NEW VERSION VERY SOON.
I HAVE FIXED THE CREW ON DECK IN HARBORS (NOW ONLY FULLY MANUAL WITH SHIFT/CTRL+D) AND THE PENNANTS APPEARING AUTOMATICALLY WHEN ONLY HITTING CTRL+PAGE UP (FEW SECONDS AFTER THE ATTACK PERISCOPE IS FULLY RAISED)

Old 01-15-21, 05:17 AM   #44
a-kermit
A-ganger

So here is the mini fix for CoD without "port automatic.
The "Timer function I have left, but reduced to 20Secunden

https://www.mediafire.com/file/2ajh6...omatic.7z/file

Greeting Kermit
Old 01-15-21, 05:42 AM   #45
Fifi
Navy Seal

Quote:
So here is the mini fix for CoD without "port automatic.
The "Timer function I have left, but reduced to 20Secunden

https://www.mediafire.com/file/2ajh6...omatic.7z/file

Greeting Kermit
Same as my fix but without the time reduction