SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH4 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 03-27-19, 11:10 AM   #376
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 439
Uploads: 2

Here's mine:

[Cmd53]
Name=Command_room_free_camera
Ctxt=1
Key0=0x71,s,""
Page=0x33000000,3700
GoBack=Interior_fore_camera

and yes, I can move about the cabin freely. Shift F2 changes the viewpoint, but then you can use the arrows. It's been too long since I played stock...

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna

Last edited by propbeanie; 03-27-19 at 12:04 PM. Reason: Sift vs Shift... baking or typing?
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-19, 03:28 PM   #377
TS13
Seaman

Downloads: 31
Uploads: 0

No worries, I appreciate your effort to help me very much!
84% Realism
TS13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-19, 03:43 PM   #378
Eichhörnchen
Starte das Auto

Downloads: 5

Whaddayaknow... you can move around with the arrow keys... I never knew that
Old 03-27-19, 11:54 PM   #379
propbeanie

I did... I'd just forgotten to remember it...

Old 03-29-19, 02:13 PM   #380
Eichhörnchen
Starte das Auto

Friend Bleiente has asked me to once again post this link to his station at 9te UFlottille, with the message that he can only engage and offer support for Ralles RealModSoup if you register and join him here:

http://www.9teuflottille.de/phpBB2/v...aj0_CWmqh3TFig
Old 03-29-19, 03:54 PM   #381
Fifi
Navy Seal

Downloads: 452

Yes but it’s all in German…and no way to understand for register…
Fifi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-19, 02:02 PM   #382
Eichhörnchen
Starte das Auto

You should be able to get the page to translate automatically if your browser is Google Chrome:

https://support.google.com/chrome/an...DDesktop&hl=en

Or you could use this Translator (I use this so that I can improve my own language skills)

https://www.google.com/search?q=free...hrome&ie=UTF-8

Last edited by Eichhörnchen; 03-30-19 at 04:51 PM.
Eichhörnchen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-19, 05:28 AM   #383
GOZO
Commander

Downloads: 176

Hi again. Trying this old but good thread!

Been playing Ralles excellent version of the abovementioned modpack for long now.

Am returning from patrol in May 1945 (Balao cl sub) and have encountered a problem:

At exactly 20:00 on the 9:th of May I get CTD. No radio on at this time and no Capt Midnight installed (has created problems before).

I have a guess that it can be a message that maybe the problem but I have not tried to check yet.

Does anyone have a clue about this???

Regards GOZO

SHIV:TMo 2.5, RSRD, SCAF OLC, Ralle's modpack
SHIV: WDAD, Med Campaign
SHIII: GWX3 GOLD, OLCII Gold, ACM-reloaded interface mod, SHIIIcmndr 3.2, Full Realism/DiD
SHIII: LSH3 2015
Cold Waters with all bells and whistles
Finally SHV but still unmodded and still a noob....
GOZO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-19, 06:25 AM   #384
propbeanie

Ahhh... there you are... I replied over in the TMO thread, but after I look through my Ralles install, if I find anything, I'll post back here then.

As I mentioned over in the TMO thread though, if you have any location information on where your submarine is, and where you were on the boat itself at the time of the crash, that might help also. Not mentioned there in the TMO thread, but do you have any other mods installed besides Bleiente's Ralles ModPack? It would be best to use the JSGME "Tasks..." --> "Export activated mods list to" --> "Clipboard", and then paste that list into your next post here.

Also, it's best to just make one post concerning your issue, and leave it at that. With multiple posts for the same problem, that can confuse not only those wanting to reply, but also yourself when you try to remember which thread it was you got the best reply in... I don't know about you, but I've already forgotten what I had for breakfast, so I doubt I could remember the threads by this evening... - In fact, I ~know~ I couldn't.

Edit: Preliminary findings - Bleiente uses basically the Stock game for the radio, changing the Events.ini a little bit, but does keep the same 31.06.1945 message that Stock has, which is the only date error in that file. It is the next radio event after 8th May, 1945. I don't know if that does it or not, because for the most part, the rest of the game ignores an invalid date, Such that a February 31 is just another day, making March 1 arrive 3 days late. This just makes equipment and other updates "late". But the Radio applet in the game is such that anything out of sequence, date or time-wise will crash the game, it wouldn't surprise me if that isn't the case here. However, I'm not sure if it matters, if the radio isn't "active"... But if you have a good Save point, you could try to edit the "Game \ Data \ Sound \ Radio \ Washington \ Events \ events.ini", looking for "StartDate=31.06.1945", and changing both of those to read "StartDate=30.06.1945" instead, or "StartDate=01.07.1945". Either way would work. Anything amiss in the "messages.txt" file are just skipped, and do not cause a crash (usually), and about the only other thing would be a "scheduled" Random Generated Group, or a regular Group or Unit that spawns at 20:00 hours on 080945, and I cannot find one in Ralles files, or in Stock - besides the fact that you would have to be within rendering range of the object for it to potentially crash the game to the desktop...

Last edited by propbeanie; 08-21-19 at 07:10 AM. Reason: Preliminary findings
Old 08-21-19, 12:12 PM   #385
GOZO
Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by propbeanie View Post
Ahhh... there you are... I replied over in the TMO thread, but after I look through my Ralles install, if I find anything, I'll post back here then.

As I mentioned over in the TMO thread though, if you have any location information on where your submarine is, and where you were on the boat itself at the time of the crash, that might help also. Not mentioned there in the TMO thread, but do you have any other mods installed besides Bleiente's Ralles ModPack? It would be best to use the JSGME "Tasks..." --> "Export activated mods list to" --> "Clipboard", and then paste that list into your next post here.

Also, it's best to just make one post concerning your issue, and leave it at that. With multiple posts for the same problem, that can confuse not only those wanting to reply, but also yourself when you try to remember which thread it was you got the best reply in... I don't know about you, but I've already forgotten what I had for breakfast, so I doubt I could remember the threads by this evening... - In fact, I ~know~ I couldn't.

Edit: Preliminary findings - Bleiente uses basically the Stock game for the radio, changing the Events.ini a little bit, but does keep the same 31.06.1945 message that Stock has, which is the only date error in that file. It is the next radio event after 8th May, 1945. I don't know if that does it or not, because for the most part, the rest of the game ignores an invalid date, Such that a February 31 is just another day, making March 1 arrive 3 days late. This just makes equipment and other updates "late". But the Radio applet in the game is such that anything out of sequence, date or time-wise will crash the game, it wouldn't surprise me if that isn't the case here. However, I'm not sure if it matters, if the radio isn't "active"... But if you have a good Save point, you could try to edit the "Game \ Data \ Sound \ Radio \ Washington \ Events \ events.ini", looking for "StartDate=31.06.1945", and changing both of those to read "StartDate=30.06.1945" instead, or "StartDate=01.07.1945". Either way would work. Anything amiss in the "messages.txt" file are just skipped, and do not cause a crash (usually), and about the only other thing would be a "scheduled" Random Generated Group, or a regular Group or Unit that spawns at 20:00 hours on 080945, and I cannot find one in Ralles files, or in Stock - besides the fact that you would have to be within rendering range of the object for it to potentially crash the game to the desktop...
I apologise for this but I did not find the original "Ralles modsoup" thread at first.

Have fixed the radio issues now (31 of June => 30 June).

I also saw That the date is actually 090545!!!!

My mod list is very simple:

Generic Mod Enabler - v2.6.0.157
[E:\SH4\SH4 1.5 TMO SCAF RSRD Ralle\MODS]

1.0 TMO_RSRDC_OTC
RSRDC_V5xx_Patch1
2.1 TMO_Sub_Pirate_flag
2.0 Ralles ModPack for TMO_RSRDC_OTC

My position is:

141deg50min E, 36deg50min N, 155nm NE Tokyo and 100nm SE Sendai.

Regards
GOZO

SHIII: GWX3 GOLD, OLCII Gold, ACM-reloaded interface mod, SHIIIcmndr 3.2, Full Realism/DiD
Old 08-21-19, 12:44 PM   #386
propbeanie

Thanks. I'll look through the campaign files in that general area and see if I find anything that might cause you troubles.

The game has three different (four??) ways to display / calculate the date. Either YYYYMMDD, YYYY-MM-DD, MM-DD-YYYY or the "radio" way of DD.MM.YYYY - almost like a different "team" was working on each aspect of the game... - but no one read the specs documentation...

Old 08-21-19, 02:01 PM   #387
GOZO
Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by propbeanie View Post
Thanks. I'll look through the campaign files in that general area and see if I find anything that might cause you troubles.

The game has three different (four??) ways to display / calculate the date. Either YYYYMMDD, YYYY-MM-DD, MM-DD-YYYY or the "radio" way of DD.MM.YYYY - almost like a different "team" was working on each aspect of the game... - but no one read the specs documentation...

Old 09-27-19, 07:59 AM   #388
Smss
Watch

Downloads: 119

Love it. When I get merchant spotted message, I can actually go and see it.
Smss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-19, 10:40 AM   #389
GOZO
Commander

Default Made it simple

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOZO View Post
I just restarted the mission, went to the PZ and returned before that magic date. Starting next mission after that date and sofar everything is ok.

Old 02-29-20, 09:57 AM   #390
Kal_Maximus_U669
Sea Lord

Downloads: 810

Default Bad grafiques

I reinstall realmodsoup for TMO the sea and all black with patch 1.3
Ralles ModPack for TMO_RSRDC_OTC V1.3single
help my
Kal_Maximus_U669 is offline   Reply With Quote