SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > Silent Hunter III
Forget password? Reset here

Old 06-18-19, 11:33 AM   #1
Rhodes
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 109
Uploads: 0
Default SH3 Blues (more rundll32 overloading the CPU)

Do not know if there is a coincidence or if my PC has some kind of awareness, because every time I talk to my former "landlord" from my university times, (friend of mine and a computer owner shop, with my PC, being bought there) my pc just go nuts or have some kind of malfunction/error/virus, etc.

Talk with him today just for upgrading this old thing and pronto.
My sh3 commander began to not work, every time I click to begin a patrol (new or not), it did not load the game. More accurately, sh3.exe file was running but only with 1 mb of memory and not loading and running the game.

I had always to end the process, rollback SH3 commander and then after that all was well, until now.

Now SH3 commander just shows the word error in several places (in all the drop menus to choose names,u-boat types,year, etc for a new campaign and in flotilla names of previous campaigns). Already done a clean installation of commander but noting change.

Decided to check SH3, just run the game with out Commander - does not load the game and I have a CPU overload with run32.dll using 100% of CPU.

Lovely... There goes my type VIIa campaign that I was loving.

Since next week the machine is going to the mechanic, guess after will do new installation of the game.
Rhodes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-19, 12:34 PM   #2
John Pancoast
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 490
Uploads: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhodes View Post
Do not know if there is a coincidence or if my PC has some kind of awareness, because every time I talk to my former "landlord" from my university times, (friend of mine and a computer owner shop, with my PC, being bought there) my pc just go nuts or have some kind of malfunction/error/virus, etc.

Talk with him today just for upgrading this old thing and pronto.
My sh3 commander began to not work, every time I click to begin a patrol (new or not), it did not load the game. More accurately, sh3.exe file was running but only with 1 mb of memory and not loading and running the game.

I had always to end the process, rollback SH3 commander and then after that all was well, until now.

Now SH3 commander just shows the word error in several places (in all the drop menus to choose names,u-boat types,year, etc for a new campaign and in flotilla names of previous campaigns). Already done a clean installation of commander but noting change.

Decided to check SH3, just run the game with out Commander - does not load the game and I have a CPU overload with run32.dll using 100% of CPU.

Lovely... There goes my type VIIa campaign that I was loving.

Since next week the machine is going to the mechanic, guess after will do new installation of the game.
Save your campaign files. Good chance after the game re-install, if you re-install them too, you won't lose your campaign.
Old 06-19-19, 06:59 AM   #3
Anvar1061
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 846

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhodes View Post

Now SH3 commander just shows the word error in several places (in all the drop menus to choose names,u-boat types,year, etc for a new campaign and in flotilla names of previous campaigns).

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/show...08&postcount=5
Anvar1061 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-19, 09:42 AM   #4
Rhodes
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 109

John Pancoast, yes but campaigns are not that important, since one can just start over.

Anvar1061, thank you; so win7 update can be the trouble... lovely. The trouble is that now SH3 is already corrupted or has some data corrupted that tells windows something and the OP just fire the CPU.

I run a 32bit system, so lack of memory for the game with the heavy grapics mods was always and issue, so I did tough the game was already asking for more.

My pc has 6 years, first I5 series, 1156 board (right...) and ddr3 ram and gpu of 1gb. Old in our days.
Rhodes is offline   Reply With Quote