Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > Silent Hunter 5
Forget password? Reset here

Old 05-25-19, 01:19 PM   #1
TM=Bluntman
Swabbie

Downloads: 8
Uploads: 0
gear Need to clarify something in SH5/TWoS

I am using TWoS mod and its wonderful. I had actually read all of the instructions that came with it and it was quite simple to install tbh. I am not running any other mods other than what came with TWoS. With that said, here is a run up to my question.

When I start a new campaign I save immediately after loading in, then load that save in order for the campaign to properly activate. I'm now in Memel (Baltic Operations) I talk to the old salt for my mission and its Baltic Ops. Of course I pick it and proceed to sail off to the designated AO. I have saved only once before entering the AO (No AI in sight) This is where my question comes in. While in the AO I complete my primary and secondary objectives by Sept 2, I get a radio message from BDu telling me to report to Kiel for further orders, which I do since both my objectives are completed. I get to Kiel and finish patrol. I then save and reload and proceed to ask the old salt for another mission and the only one available is Eastern British Coastal Waters. Before I rebuilt my PC, I thought I'd seen Breaking The Fortress and North Western Approaches as being available too. Am I doing something wrong? I know this is geographical and time based, but I must be missing something.

Oh by the way, is that link in TWoS documentation still valid for making a donation?
TM=Bluntman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-19, 02:03 PM   #2
XenonSurf
Sea Lord

Downloads: 107
Uploads: 4

Missions in TWoS are date controlled, so you have entered port too early to see the new missions. But that doesn't matter, your navigation map will update whatever you do (wether you enter port or not), so you can always head to the new AO and patrol there.
Only difference is that you didn't accept the new mission in port with the officer, but I don't know if this matters a lot, I don't think so because what counts is your total tonnage sunk during your career, and this is independant of missions.

Greetings,
XS
Seien Sie aggressiver!

Last edited by XenonSurf; 05-25-19 at 02:24 PM.
XenonSurf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-19, 02:57 PM   #3
TM=Bluntman
Swabbie

Downloads: 8

Hey thanks for answering! I guess I'll just hang out in the AO until the end which is Sept 4,1939 (In this link the date is different: http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/show...97&postcount=2 ) I did choose Eastern British Coastal Waters mission btw. I'll figure it out.

Kind regards!

TM=Bluntman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-19, 03:03 PM   #4
XenonSurf
Sea Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by TM=Bluntman View Post
Hey thanks for answering! I guess I'll just hang out in the AO until the end which is Sept 4,1939 (In this link the date is different: http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/show...97&postcount=2 ) I did choose Eastern British Coastal Waters mission btw. I'll figure it out.

Kind regards!

Be sure to check your Captain's Log (icon is in the NavMap on the upper right). Here you can see in detail your instructions for a mission. This may even change during the same mission, so read more times, also the time compression will not stop to 1 if new messages appear, so be sure to read often to see if there are new messages!
Then, mission orders may also appear in red color in the Radio Message box.

Good hunting!
XS
Old 05-27-19, 12:13 PM   #5
AP514
Gunner

Downloads: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by XenonSurf View Post
Be sure to check your Captain's Log . also the time compression will not stop to 1 if new messages appear, so be sure to read often to see if there are new messages!
Good hunting!
XS
I sure wish that could be Fixed or MODDED...I have missed more than a few Sightings by not checking the LOG enough while in TC....
AP514 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-19, 01:25 PM   #6
XenonSurf
Sea Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by AP514 View Post
I sure wish that could be Fixed or MODDED...I have missed more than a few Sightings by not checking the LOG enough while in TC....

I have tried to do it myself, to no avail. This was on TDW's ToDo and issue list when his last version (TWD NewUIs 7_5_0) came out. It needs to be hard-coded in the TDW files, so there is little chance that it can be done by other means. And TDW is not here anymore, too bad.