Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > Silent Hunter 5
Forget password? Reset here

Old 09-23-22, 05:29 PM   #2671
The Wronglemaker
Bilge Rat

Downloads: 4
Uploads: 0
Icon5 I'm new and need some help.

Just installed TWOS mod. The main menu has two screens that won't disappear no matter what I click. The game will crash if I try to start a campaign, historical mission, load the credits, etc. The museum will not crash, however it is completely black when I try to enter it. I would greatly appreciate any help.
Pictures below:

https://gyazo.com/4740f0228f718a834a8ed53cb0a88b92
https://gyazo.com/3bcdafcb1e8fe18b56aec4c5406fcac2

Thank you for your help in advance.
Cheers.
The Wronglemaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-22, 10:03 PM   #2672
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy
Downloads: 22

Default Welcome aboard!

The Wronglemaker!

"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human squirrelyness; and I'm not too sure about the Universe"
Aktungbby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-22, 06:46 AM   #2673
fidgetsinnet
Bilge Rat

Downloads: 5
Default Three problems with SH5 TWOS

I have 3 problems with SH5 TWOS and I couldn't find any solution to them.

Problem 1: flickering texture when looking straight up to the sky during the daytime on the submarine. Interestingly, it isn't there in external view. I tried tweaking various settings, but no fix.

Problem 2: Kinda future and kinda bug, but where there is bad weather, the submarine perpetually turns the diesel engines on and off, and the technician always shouts that they are switching to diesel engine. Also the battery recharging turns off with every bigger wave. Is it possible (and realistic) to set the underwater depth maybe 1 meter deeper to avoid this issue?

Problem 3: When submerging really fast (like depth charge explosion fast) I cant enter the inside hatches to go between the rooms. I just cant fit in the hatch when the submarine bow is much lower than its stern. Is there a solution?
fidgetsinnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-22, 09:34 AM   #2674
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy

Default Welcome aboard!

fidgetsinner! & DeXul!

"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human squirrelyness; and I'm not too sure about the Universe"
Old 10-01-22, 05:53 PM   #2675
Tuddley3
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 170
Default Ubisoft Connext as of Sept 1st Steam Version SH5/SH4

They say it was just Online that was affected. When I try to load SH4 (Which isn't shown in the game list) and SH5, both Steam Versions, the new Ubisoft Connect game launcher puts this window up saying it failed to sync cloud saves.

I hit retry and nothing happens, then when I press Skip it loads the Intro. The intro plays to the end and can't be shut off halfway. When the intro finishes, it shuts down and doesn't load the Main Menu.

Is there a fix yet for this for Steam Versions.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg Ubisoft Connect.jpg (26.8 KB, 6 views)
Tuddley3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-22, 07:27 PM   #2676
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Default Welcome back!

Tuddley3! after an 8-year 'silent run!'

Old 01-21-23, 05:23 PM   #2677
eCrVCA
Swabbie

Downloads: 85

Hi, I wrote before but on the sh3 forum.
I play with mods like this---

1 Dark_Interior_additional_Sounds
2 Dark_Interior_V1
3 TWoS Env Settings - Brighter Nights
4 TWoS FX_Reduc. Fires and Expl
5 TWoS Officer Icons as Stations
6 TWoS Real Navigation
7 TWoS Remove Map Plastic Cover
8 TWoS Remove Sub Flags
9 TWoS Ship Auto Recognition
10 TWoS SM Interior_Food Stocks
11 TWoS Wooden Lifeboats
12 TWOS restore captain's icon 10 by JCWolf
13 TWoS FX_Incr. Flooding via Zones

I would like to ask if anyone can make problems? Might disable some? What do you think about it...... Regards
eCrVCA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-23, 06:55 PM   #2678
kapuhy
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 72
Uploads: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by eCrVCA View Post
Hi, I wrote before but on the sh3 forum.
I play with mods like this---

1 Dark_Interior_additional_Sounds
2 Dark_Interior_V1
3 TWoS Env Settings - Brighter Nights
4 TWoS FX_Reduc. Fires and Expl
5 TWoS Officer Icons as Stations
6 TWoS Real Navigation
7 TWoS Remove Map Plastic Cover
8 TWoS Remove Sub Flags
9 TWoS Ship Auto Recognition
10 TWoS SM Interior_Food Stocks
11 TWoS Wooden Lifeboats
12 TWOS restore captain's icon 10 by JCWolf
13 TWoS FX_Incr. Flooding via Zones

I would like to ask if anyone can make problems? Might disable some? What do you think about it...... Regards
There shouldn't be any problems, I mean I don't know Dark Interior but I assume it's a texture/additional sound mod so worst that could happen is some mismatched graphics?
kapuhy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-23, 10:30 PM   #2679
eCrVCA
Swabbie

Downloads: 85

Quote:
Originally Posted by kapuhy View Post
There shouldn't be any problems, I mean I don't know Dark Interior but I assume it's a texture/additional sound mod so worst that could happen is some mismatched graphics?

I like it very much, here it is or it changes textures, I don't know much about modding

https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/sho...d.php?t=179344

I'll tell you this, when I made a fresh install and uploaded these mods everything is ok..
eCrVCA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-23, 05:18 PM   #2680
Antoine02483
Nub

Downloads: 11
Default Can't open the game win11

Hi guys !

i've recently installed SH5 on my new laptop on win 11 with a RTX 3060 and a i5 11th gen and I can't open it correctly. It seems to open the intro in a kind of "video" mod without even the sh5 game running. The cinematic is really buggy and i can't interract with it (once it reach the end, the menu never aoppears).

I tried launching it in windowed mod, didn't work and and new installation, didn't work neither.
If someone on win 11 also had this issue, please give me how you solved it (I found some people who had the same probelm on steam but no one answered their messages)

Cheers
Antoine02483 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-23, 07:54 AM   #2681
fitzcarraldo
Argentinian Skipper

Downloads: 3211

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antoine02483 View Post
Hi guys !

i've recently installed SH5 on my new laptop on win 11 with a RTX 3060 and a i5 11th gen and I can't open it correctly. It seems to open the intro in a kind of "video" mod without even the sh5 game running. The cinematic is really buggy and i can't interract with it (once it reach the end, the menu never aoppears).

I tried launching it in windowed mod, didn't work and and new installation, didn't work neither.
If someone on win 11 also had this issue, please give me how you solved it (I found some people who had the same probelm on steam but no one answered their messages)

Cheers
Steam? Did you install the patch 1.2? Do not install the game in program files or program files (x86)! Install it in C:\SH5 or (if Steam), get the Steam folder isn´t inside the program files folder. Make exceptions in your firewall and AV for SH5.exe (and all the SH5 folder...).

Good luck.

Fitzcarraldo

My subject is War, and the pity of War. The Poetry is in the pity - Wilfred Owen.
fitzcarraldo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-23, 01:56 PM   #2682
Antoine02483
Nub

Downloads: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by fitzcarraldo View Post
Steam? Did you install the patch 1.2? Do not install the game in program files or program files (x86)! Install it in C:\SH5 or (if Steam), get the Steam folder isn´t inside the program files folder. Make exceptions in your firewall and AV for SH5.exe (and all the SH5 folder...).

Good luck.

Fitzcarraldo
Thanks man ! indeed I'm on Steam

As I tried to verify if the patch is installed or not, I think I reached the problem : The patch installer says : "There is no version of SH5 on your computer" so it seems to be a downloading problem but except uninstall-install again and again hoping that it'll work one day, I don't have a clue of what doing next

Also, as i only have 1 drive, I can't find a way to put SH5 out of the x68 steam folder (due to this stupid steam limitation of 1 library per drive), I found tips to overpass this limitation but it seems that Steam made it harder now and, as I'm not really good at modifing files on my own to make it work, I'm quite stuck for the moment...

It's really strange because I've already installed the game and later WOWS on my previous computer 2-3 years ago and it worked perfectly fine
Antoine02483 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-23, 11:55 PM   #2683
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Default Welcome aboard!

Antoine02483!

Old 01-24-23, 01:35 PM   #2684
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 439
Uploads: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antoine02483 View Post
Thanks man ! indeed I'm on Steam

As I tried to verify if the patch is installed or not, I think I reached the problem : The patch installer says : "There is no version of SH5 on your computer" so it seems to be a downloading problem but except uninstall-install again and again hoping that it'll work one day, I don't have a clue of what doing next

Also, as i only have 1 drive, I can't find a way to put SH5 out of the x68 steam folder (due to this stupid steam limitation of 1 library per drive), I found tips to overpass this limitation but it seems that Steam made it harder now and, as I'm not really good at modifing files on my own to make it work, I'm quite stuck for the moment...

It's really strange because I've already installed the game and later WOWS on my previous computer 2-3 years ago and it worked perfectly fine
Refer to

Steam Support :: Moving a Steam Installation and Games (steampowered.com)
Moving a Steam Installation and Games corrected link on Win10 machine

on the Steam Support site. If you have a lot of Steam games, it will be a major pain in backside. If only SH5, no big deal to re-install and change the install path for Steam itself. There are also ways to "fake" Steam into making a new Library folder on your main drive, but I cannot find the other fellows post for that just now... Seems to me it is down in the SH4 threads though.

btw - I hate Windows 11... this page REFUSES to cooperate with the way I used to copy and paste links... In Windows 10 or earlier, no such trouble... In Win11, what I type does not matter. Things are formatted however the MS Wizards decide they will be... If the link works, fantastic, else, I'll keep trying...

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna

Last edited by propbeanie; 01-24-23 at 09:46 PM. Reason: Edited 2nd link in Win10 to prove to myself... lol
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-23, 05:24 PM   #2685
KaleunMarco
Silent Hunter

Location: Chicago area, which is more dangerous than Omaha Beach.
Downloads: 431
Uploads: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by propbeanie View Post
btw - I hate Windows 11... this page REFUSES to cooperate with the way I used to copy and paste links... In Windows 10 or earlier, no such trouble... In Win11, what I type does not matter. Things are formatted however the MS Wizards decide they will be... If the link works, fantastic, else, I'll keep trying...
this type of news is quite upsetting because i am looking at purchasing an additional desktop and all new systems are Win11.

is there any intel on the follow-up to Win11? maybe i can delay long enough for the nextgen.

------------------------------------------------------------
Silent Hunter 4 1.5 Gold Edition on CDROM
LAA enabled
Dell XPS with 32 GB Ram running Win10
KaleunMarco is offline   Reply With Quote