SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SHIII Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 12-29-08, 01:02 AM   #46
prowler3
XO

Downloads: 77
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by JScones
Expecting modders to provide a level of detail to your preferred granularity is IMHO a bit arrogant. Even moreso when you openly admit that you don't trust modder's instructions anyway to the point of installing mods elsewhere so that you can review the files first!

Heck, I learnt long ago not to expect such detailed instructions from paid software developers, let alone modders. I'm impressed if a modder says "Install via JSGME in the usual way". And really, that's all they should need to provide.

Mod users expecting written detailed instructions from modders is, IMHO, akin to modders expecting mod users to demonstrate basic common sense and initiative. I'm sure you'd react adversely if I told you to demonstrate more initiative instead? It works both ways...somewhere in the middle is the common "happy ground" that suits both 80% of modders and mod users alike.

But continue to ask away...
So...we are expected to RTFM...without a detailed FM? You have completely missed my point. You have ASSUMED that everyone here knows EXACTLY what they, and you, are doing. You have ASSUMED that anyone using your mods are "level 3" SH3 guru's? That is a ridiculous assumption. Why do you think I'm the second person to respond to this thread with questions? I didn't start this thread...but a user who did is now unheard from...why do you think that is?

I love that you have created GWX3. But...I will NOT allow you to treat me as a second class citizen of this group just because I don't understand what you are doing...and ask for explanations! Do you get tired of these types of posts? Do you wish everyone was as smart as you? Well, my friend, a detailed explanation, install instructions, etc. would have obviated this entire conversation.

I'm really sorry I'm not as SH3, modding, and all around savvy as you are...and who's being "arrogant" now? Expecting modders to provide concise and detailed instructions is something I do not consider "arrogant". I consider it required so that that these types of questions are never asked. And yet, here we are with these types of questions being asked. Keep in mind, I didn't start this thread, some other poor, confused soul did. Until today I always thought of this as the greatest forum ever. I see now that I was completely mistaken.

I'll go elsewhere for my answers. I will NOT allow you to insinuate that I'm an ignorant fool and I will NOT allow you to denigrate those who are new to SH3.

Last edited by prowler3; 12-29-08 at 01:09 AM.
prowler3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-08, 01:18 AM   #47
Wolfehunter
Crusty Capt.

Downloads: 40
Uploads: 25

If your as crazy as me then just overwrite the files directly into your data folder.

So mod fix data folder copy paste to your installed game data folder.

Bingo..

Then just use JSGME traditionally for the regular mods already installed.

GWX 3.0 will be updated.

Problem is if GWX team comes out with a patch 3.1 then we're screwed... sorta...

So only if your as crazy as me you should attempt this. Otherwise follow as best as possible as the instruction say.

But as I said I'm crazy so I don't read manuals... I like trial and error better....
Old 12-29-08, 01:28 AM   #48
JScones
Navy Seal

Downloads: 19

Erm, prowler, two things:

1) I had absolutely nothing to do with GWX3, or even this mod. Not sure where you got that idea from.

2) The maker of this particular mod started this thread, not some "poor, confused soul" as you put it.

In this instance, much like you, I am simply a user of both mods, following the same instructions as you are...

Last edited by JScones; 12-29-08 at 01:29 AM.
JScones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-08, 01:46 AM   #49
prowler3
XO

Downloads: 77

Quote:

1) I had absolutely nothing to do with GWX3, or even this mod. Not sure where you got that idea from.

2) The maker of this particular mod started this thread, not some "poor, confused soul" as you put it.

In this instance, much like you, I am simply a user of both mods, following the same instructions as you are...
It doesn't matter in the least, anymore. I have a delivery flight of a brand spanking new Boeing 767 for LAN Chile and it will consume the next 12 hours of my life. Remember that SH3 and GWX is not my life. All I ever asked for is answers...all I got is insults to my intelligence. I'm over it...WAY over it.

Good luck. my fellow Kapitans!
prowler3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-08, 02:08 AM   #50
Lanzfeld
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by prowler3
Quote:

It doesn't matter in the least, anymore. I have a delivery flight of a brand spanking new Boeing 767 for LAN Chile and it will consume the next 12 hours of my life. Remember that SH3 and GWX is not my life. All I ever asked for is answers...all I got is insults to my intelligence. I'm over it...WAY over it.

Good luck. my fellow Kapitans!
Cool Prowler!
I fly 757/767 as well. I am in Oslo right now about to head home. Fly safe.
Lanzfeld
Lanzfeld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-08, 03:27 AM   #51
Wreford-Brown
Sea Lord

Downloads: 51
Uploads: 26

There's always help available here on subsim, as I found out after many botched installs.

Everyone here is still learning to some extent, even the "level 3" guys, and you can only learn by making mistakes. As one of my bosses once said to me: "Screw up once and you're learning from your mistakes. Screw up the same thing a second time and you're taking the mickey".

The problem comes when the conversation degrades to insults - that is when it is best to PM or just walk away.

All my mods are available at MediaFire:
SH3 Mods
Other modders SH3 mods
SH4 Mods
...you can't please all of the people all of the time...
Wreford-Brown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-08, 03:54 AM   #52
Contact
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Well I can imagine how hard it was for lets say a total noob to make first steps from stock SH3 to GWX 2.1. Install procedure might show really complicated especially when you do this for the first time and your mind just crys for a detail lead through My me myself and I was the great supporter to my pals who hardly knew english and help from my side was a great assistance.

Anyway when we already have the install of GWX 3 things became more easier and saves some time

Thank God we have JSGME! Without it, messing with mods would be a total hell
Old 12-29-08, 03:59 AM   #53
Wreford-Brown
Sea Lord

Downloads: 51
Uploads: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Contact
Roger that!

All my mods are available at MediaFire:
SH3 Mods
Other modders SH3 mods
SH4 Mods
...you can't please all of the people all of the time...
Wreford-Brown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-08, 07:03 AM   #54
h.sie
Admiral

Downloads: 131

hello BBW,

when I activate your Addon "GWX3-St-Naziere-Schleuse" WITH included AOTD-Ships and after that activate the (modified) "lite harbour traffic" mod, then the single mission "Brake" crashes. not tested other single missions.

the "GWX3-St-Naziere-Schleuse" without AOTD-ships does not lead to a crash.

happy new year to you and thanks....
h.sie
Old 12-31-08, 08:21 AM   #55
nikbear
Sea Lord

Downloads: 86

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wreford-Brown
Quote:
Roger that!
And me,without JSGME I would be totally screwed,its a godsend and a work of genius
Old 12-31-08, 09:03 AM   #56
Wildhawke11
Lieutenant

Downloads: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikbear
Quote:
Quote:
Roger that!
And me,without JSGME I would be totally screwed,its a godsend and a work of genius

I agree 100% As a nearly seventy year old player i need all the help i can get with the MODS, i only use the one's that i can enable with JSGME. The othere i am lost with i will be the first to admit that.
Wildhawke11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-08, 10:25 AM   #57
h.sie
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildhawke11
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Roger that!
I agree 100% As a nearly seventy year old player i need all the help i can get with the MODS, i only use the one's that i can enable with JSGME. The othere i am lost with i will be the first to admit that.
nearly seventy years. wow. i thought, i'm the grandpa here with my 43 years.
Old 12-31-08, 10:28 AM   #58
bigboywooly
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by h.sie
hello BBW,

when I activate your Addon "GWX3-St-Naziere-Schleuse" WITH included AOTD-Ships and after that activate the (modified) "lite harbour traffic" mod, then the single mission "Brake" crashes. not tested other single missions.

the "GWX3-St-Naziere-Schleuse" without AOTD-ships does not lead to a crash.

happy new year to you and thanks....
h.sie
Odd as no ships changed around that region at all
Still looking but cant find anything
The Brake mission is just your sub in the right place to pick up events on the campaign files

My mediafire page http://www.mediafire.com/?11eoq19bq9r41
bigboywooly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-08, 10:31 AM   #59
Wildhawke11
Lieutenant

Downloads: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by h.sie
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildhawke11
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Roger that!
nearly seventy years. wow. i thought, i'm the grandpa here with my 43 years.
Trust me this is one race i am not happy to win
Wildhawke11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-08, 10:32 AM   #60
h.sie
Admiral

no prob for me. don't really need AOTD ships and so use the St.Naziare+Schleuse only and I'm happy with it.