SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SHIII Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 11-29-08, 06:47 AM   #46
h.sie
Admiral

Downloads: 131
Uploads: 0

very interesting one. if you had made it months earlier, I had no reason to waste so much time building my own hsGUI.

Last edited by h.sie; 11-29-08 at 06:47 AM.
h.sie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-08, 10:28 AM   #47
Uber Gruber
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Well done Mikhayl, this is the best GUI combo to date, respect must go to the orginal component mod makers as well as yourself for integrating them into such an ergonomic and aesthetic way.
Old 11-29-08, 04:06 PM   #48
NGT
Lieutenant

Downloads: 289
Uploads: 3
Merci beaucoup

Merci bien l'ami, très bon travail!

I never used the –very good– OLC GUI because I use auto targeting/detection.

But in your mod, the values are autocorrected in the corresponding dials, so I know exactly about target distance, angle of bow etc.

I use auto targeting, but I have some attacking and defensive methods. Thanks to them I destroy any destroyer attacking me, BUT I NEED TO KNOW EXACTLY THE DISTANCE and THE ANGLE OF BOW.

Thanks to you I have the so nice observation periscope, the wonderful binocular view, the full free deck gun view etc.

Well, the distance dial stop in 10.000 meters, but I manage to detect the distance beyond 10 km thanks to navigation tools.

15 × magnification is a must.

I use your mod with NYGM 3.1 without problem. Two patrols, 1941, with IXC Uboot.

Later, with GWX (version 3 ?)

People talk in the forum about SH5. With moders like you, I will pass directly there, over the SH4 (and I already paid for that. . .)

Merci mon Capitaine.
NGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-08, 05:49 AM   #49
h.sie
Admiral

Hi Mikhayl,

the new TDC screen looks great!

is your GUI completed now or are you planning further changes?

please allow me one question: is there a reason why you didn't add the U-jagd-chronometer? I ask, because I used that tool for speed estimation....

h.sie
Old 11-30-08, 06:17 AM   #50
Pisces
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 300

That grey background texture of the TDC screen is going to ruin one's eye-sensitivity in dark nights. I seriously request it to be darkened alot, atleast as part of the 'dark files'.

Last edited by Pisces; 11-30-08 at 06:18 AM.
Pisces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-08, 07:40 AM   #51
piri_reis
Seasoned Skipper

Downloads: 115

Very good idea to implement a real Siemens TDC into the F6 screen Mikhayl, beautiful work Although I haven't figured out the second set of dials on the right, do they work at all?

I have a question, since you know your way through the menu files and so on. This is not a big deal but when I use the mouse to swing the periscope around, and then click again to return to the screen, the mouse pointer lands right ontop of the AOB dial. If I'm not on AutoTdc, the game registers it as a click & the dial is set to 30 degrees. I use 1680x1050 resfix, and have come accustomed to check the aob before firing. So as said, its no big deal, but do you think there is a way to get the mouse to land somewhere else? I've digged through the menu.cfg but not sure if it can be done. Thanks for the answer.

Lt.z.S. Barbaros Hayreddin, U-35, 2nd Flot/Kiel, Type VIIB
Oct.29.1939, 2nd Patrol Eastern English Waters
Running SH5/TWOS
piri_reis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-08, 04:28 PM   #52
makman94
Hellas

Downloads: 182
Uploads: 7

hello mikhayl,
i notice in your gui that the periscope when rotating makes this 'clic-clic' sound.i liked it very much but there is no sound file for it inside.so ,is the menu.ini responsible for that? (when i put your gui i have this sound and when i put olc gui no sound...)
i vote +1000 to the new tdc panel (make it very darker,is very bright ,imo)
bye
makman94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-08, 05:06 PM   #53
makman94
Hellas

i meant that the TDC PANEL on TDC SCREEN is very bright ,

i don't use dark filters (i don't like them) so for the non-dark version i say that must be also more dark ( i dark my panels with the paint.net but i soppuse you know the procedure with this programme..)

bye

Last edited by makman94; 11-30-08 at 05:19 PM.
Old 11-30-08, 05:59 PM   #54
makman94
Hellas

don't bother about the history acuration,by the first time that humans came to earth ...they start the customizing! even the germans do the same to their u-boats (eblems...special paintings...i bet that if a captain want black panels ..he will have it)
or the pilot fighters to their planes (juicy girls lying on the nose of the plane...etc).
make it darker,people (in general lines) like your gui and nicolas exactly for the same reason as you
Old 12-01-08, 03:54 AM   #55
joegrundman
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikhayl
Hi h.sie, thank you!
I think there will be at least another update, I played a patrol yesterday and I noticed some things that can improved on the "dark" files. Also I will move the "flaggen" button on the UZO, to be the same as in the obs scope, and maybe add the circular sliderule to the UZO as well.
Other than that I'm pretty happy with it, I will see after a few patrols if I want new things, or if people report problems etc
For the U-Jagd chrono at first I wanted to have it in place of the classic stopwatch but I ran out of room on the screen In the next update I will put "DIY" instructions to have the sliding one for those who want it, personally I like it but I think it gets in the way wherever I put in so I left it out.

edit, good point Pisces, I noticed that last night, I will add an extra layer of "dark filter" to it. It's too bad the "redlight" can't be added to the TDC screen (or I don't know how).
if you do decide to include a draggable U-jagd chrono, please note that there are two versions in the U-jagd pack - the basic one and another one with an additional ring for 75 m targets.

I much prefer this one with the 75 m ring, because, well, a lot of ships are about 75m long - most small merchants/small freighters/tramp steamers, are about 75m as well as most destroyers
"Enemy submarines are to be called U-Boats. The term submarine is to be reserved for Allied under water vessels. U-Boats are those dastardly villains who sink our ships, while submarines are those gallant and noble craft which sink theirs." Winston Churchill
joegrundman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-08, 07:11 AM   #56
Alex
Dominant Wolf

Downloads: 30

Just when you think the GUI can't look any better actually...
Mike comes up with this.
I like very much what you've been doing on the TDC screen !

Downloaded.
Old 12-01-08, 07:41 AM   #57
Barrett
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

is it compatible with sergbutos free camera mod? if not, would it be possible to add the possibility to move around freely on the bridge?
Old 12-01-08, 07:52 AM   #58
piri_reis
Seasoned Skipper

Downloads: 115

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikhayl
The edit is pretty straight forward so it shouldn't be a problem for anybody who wishes to have the chrono
Very cool, thank you.
Another shameless request, how can i put back the big GWX kompass that pops in from the right? I added it to the Page layout [g3f] but it conflicts with the range chart I think. (If that then forget about it, dont waste time on it) Perhaps I can get it working myself, will post a DIY here for anyone interested.

@Barrett, what I did was, used asanovic7's littlecameramod, and added in the UZO,binoculars,peri,obsperi Optical Zoom values & Viewports and such from Mikhayl's ADC camera.dat. Pretty easy with S3D. Everything looks to be working ok. Also added zooms for the Deck/AA gun.

Lt.z.S. Barbaros Hayreddin, U-35, 2nd Flot/Kiel, Type VIIB
Oct.29.1939, 2nd Patrol Eastern English Waters
Running SH5/TWOS
piri_reis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-08, 08:21 AM   #59
Uber Gruber
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Used this quite a bit yesterday and noticed a couple fo things that may not at all be related to the mod. Here they are anyway, just in case anyone else is experiencing the same thing:

1. Sometimes the "Spread/Single Shot" selections get out of sync. This results with a single tube selector range being available when a spread tube selector range should be used. Also, multiple tube selection lights up rather than a single tube selection light. I think the best way to reproduce this is to switch between Spread/Single on UZO, PEri and TDC screens...eventually they'll go out of synch.

2. The target speed dial occasionaly reset itself to 0 kts forcing me to keep an eye on it prior to firing.

3. Couldn't close tube doors once spread/single shot selection got out of synch.

Bloody great mod though and one i'm sticking with.
Old 12-01-08, 09:14 AM   #60
h.sie
Admiral

Hi Mikhayl,

another question: I started SH3 using SH3Cmdr. In Sh3Cmdr, i choose an VIIB-type. Then in the SH3 game, I started a Naval Academy Mission with the same Uboat-Type, but in spite of that, the salvo-dial showed the wrong torpedo-combinations.

what did I do wrong??????

(by the way: this is the reason, why I left the salvo-dial blank in my selfmade GUI).

h.sie