SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Current crop of subsims & naval games > COLD WATERS
Forget password? Reset here

Old 11-29-19, 02:38 PM   #1
Kattaly
Bilge Rat

Downloads: 20
Uploads: 0
Default Looking for help with textures.

Hey! I'm new around, but I am having a bit of trouble, turns out I've been wanting to play with a spanish vessel inside Cold waters, she has her weapons assigned and everything, which is pretty cool, but, she wasn't added to the campaign for usage, I was able to fix this, and she is fully functional, I had some fun with her, however it turned out to have a little issue.

She seems almost completely textureless, she is seen with plain dark black, which doesn't look taht bad under the water, but it looks quite stupid sometimes.

if anyone could please help with, or give me some guidance, I would love it, thanks

This is how she looks in question:
Kattaly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-19, 03:56 PM   #2
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy
Downloads: 22

Default Welcome aboard!

Kattaly!

"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human squirrelyness; and I'm not too sure about the Universe"
Aktungbby is online   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-20, 08:12 PM   #3
AllQuiet
Watch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kattaly View Post
Hey! I'm new around, but I am having a bit of trouble.....if anyone could please help with, or give me some guidance, I would love it, thanks
]
Go back to the vessel's code in the vessels directory.

Adjust the statement to read as follows-

MaterialTextures=environment/sky/black,ships/plan_ss_ming/plan_ss_ming_tx,ships/plan_ss_ming/plan_ss_ming_spec,ships/plan_ss_ming/plan_ss_ming_nm

the statment- environment/sky/black,ships gives a sub a black wet look, while allowing the details to still be revealed as designed by the model creator. However, be warned that if you use custom skins for other vessels, and you have your custom ming as part of your sub of choice, you could see a corruption of display for any subs that are using a custom PNG skin.

Typically, I make my own skins and mod some vessels to include/disclude....so I use the environment statement for most of the enemy subs....have found that Romeo and Foxtrot should be left as their default skin or use a custom skin...the environment black on foxtrot and Romeo will show corruption to the hull's sides and belly.
AllQuiet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-20, 09:09 PM   #4
AllQuiet
Watch

PS- please share the code you assembled for the altered ming to make it playable ...

I've streamlined my CW quiet abit. I now substitute LosAngeles, Flt2, 688l, Sturgeon Narwhal and Skipjack for Victor ll, Yasen, K-222 (Papa), Sierra, Oscar and Echo ll. Adding VLS to these along w/tomahawks and SS-N-15/16 to use in campaigns.
AllQuiet is offline   Reply With Quote