Forget password? Reset here

Old 10-28-19, 11:45 AM   #1
stellaferox
Soundman

Downloads: 51
Uploads: 0
Default Clean install of SH5 1.2 + TWOS 2.2.16 keeps getting back to UPLAY

Hi,

I did a clean install of SH5 (from disk) and the upgrade to 1.2. (declined Steam integration). Then I installed 2.2.16 which apparently doenst go together with the UPLAY version and got hte SH5.exe file different then expected error. After starting a game and a new career the game stops and sends me back to UPLAy with a cloud synchrinization error. Am I missing something?
stellaferox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-19, 12:18 PM   #2
vdr1981
Navy Seal

Downloads: 581
Uploads: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by stellaferox View Post
Hi,

I did a clean install of SH5 (from disk) and the upgrade to 1.2. (declined Steam integration). Then I installed 2.2.16 which apparently doenst go together with the UPLAY version and got hte SH5.exe file different then expected error. After starting a game and a new career the game stops and sends me back to UPLAy with a cloud synchrinization error. Am I missing something?
Yes, check this thread...https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/sho...d.php?t=242800

Also, because of recent events with uplay download version of the game, large warning about incompatibility with TWoS has been displayed in TWoS main thread and download page.

I can only advise you to try once again but this time with "Steam converter" tool. Not sure will it work though...
vdr1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-19, 12:25 PM   #3
stellaferox
Soundman

Quote:
Originally Posted by vdr1981 View Post
Yes, check this thread...https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/sho...d.php?t=242800

Also, because of recent events with uplay download version of the game, large warning about incompatibily with TWoS has been displayed in TWoS main thread and download page.
hmmmm. does this mean SH5 & TWOS don't go together anymore?
Old 10-28-19, 12:31 PM   #4
vdr1981
Navy Seal

Quote:
hmmmm. does this mean SH5 & TWOS don't go together anymore?
It seems that in case of uplay download the answer is yes, unfortunately...Why? Only Ubisoft knows...

DVD version still works fine and for the Steam version, things are bit foggy there since we are getting contradictory reports from users...

I can only advise you to try once again but this time with "Steam converter" tool part accepted . Not sure will it work though...
Old 10-28-19, 01:41 PM   #5
stellaferox
Soundman

I can tell you that a clean install from disk also doesn't work. The vanilla version works OK though. Waiting for the TWOS community to patch the MOD or UBISOFT to adjust the patch
Old 10-28-19, 02:26 PM   #6
THEBERBSTER
Growing Old Disgracefully

Downloads: 1123

Hi Vecko
Regards the synchronization problem.
There is a saved game folder in the Game Launcher folder where the stored saved games could be deleted and might overcome the problem????

The other thing is to change Uplay to go offline so it takes the games from your own saved games folder and does not use the synchronized ones.

Another interesting test that could be done is to try the dvd SH5.exe updated to v1.2.0 in place of the Uplay download SH5.exe.
I previously mentioned that there are 3 SH5.exe;s used with the game Dvd,Download, and STEAM depending which version has been purchased.

So how does the situation change if stock has the GFP application installed.
IIRC stock works but no one has mentioned whether it has been tried with the GFP as well.

It would be also interesting to know where the game is being mostly purchased from.
There are many download sites selling this game.

Peter

Last edited by THEBERBSTER; 10-28-19 at 03:14 PM.
THEBERBSTER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-19, 04:08 PM   #7
stellaferox
Soundman

Well, like I said, the DVD version which I have too, works fine in vanilla, but not with TWOS. If you try to start in offline mode the game won't start due to Ubisofts protection, even from the DVD version and directly with sh5.exe.

I don't know how to handle the synchronization problem.
Old 10-28-19, 04:36 PM   #8
vdr1981
Navy Seal

Quote:
Well, like I said, the DVD version which I have too, works fine in vanilla, but not with TWOS. If you try to start in offline mode the game won't start due to Ubisofts protection, even from the DVD version and directly with sh5.exe.

I don't know how to handle the synchronization problem.
Did you update your DVD version to v1.2.0 prior the mod installation? Did you run game updater tool? (Silent Hunter 5\Support\GameUpdater\gu.exe)

Last edited by vdr1981; 10-28-19 at 04:50 PM.
Old 10-28-19, 06:15 PM   #9
stellaferox
Soundman

Quote:
Originally Posted by vdr1981 View Post
Did you update your DVD version to v1.2.0 prior the mod installation? Did you run game updater tool? (Silent Hunter 5\Support\GameUpdater\gu.exe)
Yes, I did. I dl-ed the update and after updating I tried the vanilla version (works well with local synchronization)) and after that I installed the mod (doesn't work)
Old 10-28-19, 07:14 PM   #10
vdr1981
Navy Seal

Quote:
Yes, I did. I dl-ed the update and after updating I tried the vanilla version (works well with local synchronization)) and after that I installed the mod (doesn't work)
Same error like in the first post of this thread?
Old 10-28-19, 07:16 PM   #11
stellaferox
Soundman

yup
Old 10-29-19, 04:59 AM   #12
vdr1981
Navy Seal

Quote:
yup
That's strange because other people had no problems with DVD version.
Old 10-29-19, 05:24 AM   #13
stellaferox
Soundman

Hi vecko,

Thing is that it doesn't matter if you install with the DVD version & TWOS 2.2.16 or the UPLAY version with &TWOS 2.216, because after launch UPLAY takes over to check the cloud synchronization and stops the game showing a popup saying that cloud synchronization failed. This is also true if you choose not to synchronize by cloud but with local savegames.
I have to say that I didn't erase the savegames files prior to the different launches. But I tried deleting the savegames just now and it reacts the same way.

Any news on how to get around this?

EDIT: I just checked and after erasing the savegames and starting the game, the savegames are back in the folder, so if only we could erase the savegames in the cloud at UBI's end....