SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > Silent Hunter 5 > Silent Hunter Online
Forget password? Reset here

Old 08-09-14, 01:36 AM   #1
Wreford-Brown
Sea Lord

Downloads: 51
Uploads: 26
Default Enjoying the challenge

I've recently taken up SHO and I'm thoroughly enjoying the challenge.

After a number of years playing predominantly SH3 (with a little SH4 thrown in) I find the AI annoyingly predictable and I've got a good idea when to attack a convoy and when to search for single ships because the convoys are too well protected. All this, coupled with pretty good knowledge of the campaign files has made SH less of a challenge than I'm after for my preferred gameplay.

SHO has breathed new life into the series for me. The AI is still an unknown quantity (I'm still on the first campaign) but I'm enjoying learning on the job through the earlier missions rather than by being sunk then waiting ten minutes for the next game to load. The campaign so far has been well structured and balanced and listening to other Kaleuns talking about sinking the Nelson and other Allied warships adds to the immersive experience and is pushing me to crack on with the campaign.

Maybe I'm enjoying the challenge because I'm not able to mod the game so it stays fresh - is anyone else having a similar experience?

All my mods are available at MediaFire:
SH3 Mods
Other modders SH3 mods
SH4 Mods
...you can't please all of the people all of the time...
Wreford-Brown is offline   Reply With Quote