SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Sub/Naval + Other Games > Classic Subsims
Forget password? Reset here

Old 11-28-11, 07:11 PM   #16
aanker
Pacific Thunder

Downloads: 236
Uploads: 14

Sorry, can't send you the file because I don't have a working install ATM. However I took good notes and recommend the following for flawless performance and no JANUS errors. Also recommend installing and running in 1024 (see below) to run PA in all its glory including the outstanding Kollmorgan scope.

Quote:
The default scope in Pacific Aces uses a similar structure to the original SHII scope. However when you install Pacific aces you are given the option to overwrite this default scope with the Kollmorgan authentic US scope by Darkstream. Be warned that this scope uses large texture plates and will have trouble running on some systems.

To operate the Kollmorgan scope, raise it ( pageup key) and then click on the small red button (bottom right) in order to go to the zoomed view ( attack periscope). Here you can operate the scope with the arrow keys, and zoom from 1x to 4x and back with the “Z” key.

If you are in “Rig for Red” status it will be necessary to use the command “Secure from Red” before going to the zoomed view, or you will not be able to see anything clearly!
#3. below, Project Messerwetzer, eliminates the need for the 1024 patch but allows 1024 resolution.
Quote:
1. Clean Install of SH2
2. Install SH2 Patch 1.1
3. Install Project Messerwetzer
4. Install Vicker's mods
5. Install PA 1.0
6. Install PA 1.1
7. Install new PA Sound 1.1
8. Install glitches patch that includes dive bubble for PM
9. Lethal radius mod (used 5 DepthChargeJP*.ADF files)
10. Active sonar hack ... edited the 10 SonarActive, SonaractiveUS, SonaractiveJapan, etc... files.
I recommend installing the Kollmorgan scope when that option presents itself during the installation procedure.
Protect each one we ask of thee.
Bless those at home who wait and pray,
For their return by night and day."

aanker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-11, 11:13 AM   #17
killerzone22
Watch

Downloads: 44
Uploads: 0

YAY!!!! It worked! The lower right red button zoomed in the periscope so i can actually see through it. Now i can see the ships that out on the surface and what not. Yay thanks so much aanker for the tip.

I wonder if there is a way to lower the mouse sensitivity by any chance?
killerzone22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-11, 11:16 AM   #18
killerzone22
Watch

Quote:
Originally Posted by aanker View Post
Sorry, can't send you the file because I don't have a working install ATM. However I took good notes and recommend the following for flawless performance and no JANUS errors. Also recommend installing and running in 1024 (see below) to run PA in all its glory including the outstanding Kollmorgan scope.

#3. below, Project Messerwetzer, eliminates the need for the 1024 patch but allows 1024 resolution.

I recommend installing the Kollmorgan scope when that option presents itself during the installation procedure.
Thanks, i might actually uninstall it and reinstall without installing the kollmorgan scope. I definitely like how it looks and all but i rather have the old periscope i am used too. Again, thanks for the help.
Old 11-29-11, 11:57 AM   #19
aanker
Pacific Thunder

Good news, glad to hear you got it running!

I want to install PA now - I miss it. Burned out on SH4 .... lol

Happy Hunting!

Art

Edit: regarding the mouse, maybe make a compromise adjustment on sensitivity through Control Panel

Old 11-29-11, 04:39 PM   #20
CTarana
Bosun

Downloads: 28

What about the dreaded, "Reinstall everything from scratch" Option? While severe, if you can get SH2 running properly without PA installed it might point out where the problem came in!

ChristopherT
CTarana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-11, 04:56 PM   #21
aanker
Pacific Thunder

You're right IMO, the "Reinstall everything from scratch" option with PA is quick, easy, and cleans everything up... and, if you like SH2, the double install is nice although I prefer the Pacific.

I have done that so many times I have a PA 'big' folder with exe's in numbered sub folders - step1, step2, etc.... (pardon the pun) ... lol

Happy Hunting!

Old 11-29-11, 05:42 PM   #22
killerzone22
Watch

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTarana View Post
What about the dreaded, "Reinstall everything from scratch" Option? While severe, if you can get SH2 running properly without PA installed it might point out where the problem came in!

ChristopherT
heh, the ironic part was that there was never an issue. I just never knew that i had the kollmorgan scope mod installed and I was freaken out because my scope wasn't working and I had almost everything working. I never knew about the button on the lower-right corner would zoom it in. heh, the mod almost screw me over but luckily, aanker knew about this mod and helped me. I uninstalled it so now I have a working periscope that I am used to.

Cheers mates and thanks for the help again.

Happy Hunting all
Old 11-29-11, 06:19 PM   #23
Sailor Steve
Eternal Patrol

Downloads: 745
Uploads: 249

I'm glad someone was able to help. I vaguely remembered the button but wasn't sure I was right, and I didn't see it in either screenshot so I didn't say anything. Good news.
Old 08-15-15, 01:15 AM   #24
Giesemaschine
Bosun

Downloads: 67

I hate to resurrect a dead thread, but: Did anyone ever find a solution to the SHII mouse sensitivity issue? No matter stock or modded PA, my mouse jumps at the slightest touch - it's way too fast!

Running Windows 8 here, everything in compatibility mode (Win XP SP3)
Giesemaschine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-21, 10:53 PM   #25
Von Grinseed
Swabbie

Downloads: 215

I hate to resurrect the resurrection of a dead thread but I had that over-sensitive mouse issue a month or so ago. I could not select options with the mouse which totally disrupted any carefully laid plans or escapes. So I patiently sought a solution through a process of upgrade eliminations. The result will probably not please many.
I just didn't load the Messerwetzer upgrade. I don't play online and I'm pretty sure no-one does any anymore.
The mouse is now stable and reliable and das Boot is back under my command.
When I realised this, I reinstalled the Messerwetzer just to be sure and the mouse turned into a rat again.
Hope this helps someone. Love this old SH2 game.
Von Grinseed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-21, 06:36 AM   #26
Vox165
Soundman

Downloads: 141

Yes I think PM does increase mouse speed for SH2 and DC . It's not listed in the PM Readme -but it does. At that time it was desired. Although PM is primarily a mutiplayer fix , it has other features like secondary and magazine explosions, damages worsen over time etc. I found the best solution for me playing DC on win7 or 10 was to adjust mouse speed slower through windows before playing.
Vox165 is offline   Reply With Quote