SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SHIII Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 05-14-21, 12:59 AM   #496
ivanov.ruslan
The Old Man

Downloads: 901
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by 33lima View Post
It's listed in-game by F1, but the mousewheel doesn't zoom the view

If I understood correctly, try this mod- Ultimate ObjectView Camerav1.0, in the Plisskens archive https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/sho...171019&page=26 , author Rubini

or Zoomable free camera from MEPv6,for example

Last edited by ivanov.ruslan; 05-14-21 at 01:15 AM.
ivanov.ruslan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-21, 08:44 AM   #497
Onealex
Seasoned Skipper

Downloads: 191

This fix corrects dials, instruments and text. Also fonts have ben slightly changed. Attack Disc Handbook has been added to ducumentation folder. The main link has been updated.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1kf4...ew?usp=sharing
Old 05-14-21, 03:35 PM   #498
33lima
Planesman

Downloads: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by ivanov.ruslan View Post
If I understood correctly, try this mod- Ultimate ObjectView Camerav1.0, in the Plisskens archive https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/sho...171019&page=26 , author Rubini

or Zoomable free camera from MEPv6,for example
Thanks for the tips! I had already tried the Ultimate Object camera mod and it doesn't fix the zoom even if combined with other camera files. The MEP freecam mod does enable zoom but only on the (F12) free camera, not the (<) Ship Camera which follows the boat, and which can be made to zoom in vanilla or GWX, but not in this mod, unfortunately. Still baffled.

I see that at one point, mousewheel commands to rotate the sonar and radar were added, but these are commented out in Commands_en.cfg, so I assume do not conflict with the mousewheel being assigned to zoom:

[Cmd132]
Name=Sonar_rotate
Ctxt=1
;Key0=0x05,R,"M.wheel"

[Cmd133]
Name=Radar_rotate
Ctxt=1
;Key0=0x05,R,"M.wheel"

[Cmd146]
Name=Change_hydrophone_volume
Ctxt=1
;Key0=0x05,Rs,"shift+M.wheel"

I wonder if adding these commands involved knocking out mousewheel zoom, somewhere else...

Has anyone got a working mousewheel zoom in the Ship Camera with this mod?

Last edited by 33lima; 05-14-21 at 05:27 PM.
33lima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-21, 03:21 AM   #499
Pelle71
Watch

Downloads: 336

Thank you Onealex! What a nice setup, one glick install and play, no problem! Corse i have the sh3 cd and the patch and stuff, but to get it this easy and beutiful is wonderful, thanks again! Regards from Northland, Sweden.
Pelle71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-21, 07:23 AM   #500
33lima
Planesman

Downloads: 27

Have just departed Lorient in U-105 in my first serious patrol in this mod and it's very impressive!

The only thing I'm missing is the ability to mousewheel zoom in the Ship Camera view.
33lima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-21, 09:04 PM   #501
phooey
A-ganger

Downloads: 225

Hey Onealex, how about upgrading your lifeboat and ship cargoes to be more wac-like?
phooey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-21, 02:56 AM   #502
Onealex
Seasoned Skipper

Quote:
Originally Posted by phooey View Post
Hey Onealex, how about upgrading your lifeboat and ship cargoes to be more wac-like?
Hi. I don't know. Is it so necessary? The cargo file from my modpack takes 449 KB. From WAC 5.0 cargo file takes 14 MB...
Old 05-17-21, 09:10 AM   #503
Mad Mardigan
Admiral

Downloads: 491

SHO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onealex View Post
Hi. I don't know. Is it so necessary? The cargo file from my modpack takes 449 KB. From WAC 5.0 cargo file takes 14 MB...
Ahoy, OneAlex...

A possible workaround for that... Offer the wac cargo up as a, say.. add on mod pack, with your work. Which then leaves it up to the individual to ad it in or not.. entirely the users choice. Thereby freeing you up to not include it in your own set up.. if you so chose to not want to.

As for Me, I kind of lighten the load, with just keeping the English text & keep the German voices from it. At least the last version of your SH3 GWX set up, that is.. am working on grabbing the latest one, as is.

Just a suggestion.

M. M.

Old 05-17-21, 09:27 AM   #504
Kal_Maximus_U669
Sea Lord

Downloads: 815

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Mardigan View Post
Ahoy, OneAlex...

A possible workaround for that... Offer the wac cargo up as a, say.. add on mod pack, with your work. Which then leaves it up to the individual to ad it in or not.. entirely the users choice. Thereby freeing you up to not include it in your own set up.. if you so chose to not want to.

As for Me, I kind of lighten the load, with just keeping the English text & keep the German voices from it. At least the last version of your SH3 GWX set up, that is.. am working on grabbing the latest one, as is.

Just a suggestion.

M. M.

For my part, I deeply think that when you order an uboat you have to have German as well as when this one is Russian you have to speak in Russian and so on ... more the work of Alex it's been a long time I am his work ... besides the prices we are distributing but except to him ...
Kal_Maximus_U669 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-21, 09:52 AM   #505
Mad Mardigan
Admiral

SHO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kal_Maximus_U669 View Post
For my part, I deeply think that when you order an uboat you have to have German as well as when this one is Russian you have to speak in Russian and so on ... more the work of Alex it's been a long time I am his work ... besides the prices we are distributing but except to him ...
Ahoy, Kal_Maximus_U669...

If by that, you're meaning of having both German text, as well as the voices.. I, for 1 would tend to agree... that is, with the caveat.. if you can read as well as understand verbally, German.

Which, sadly.. I don't. I do understand a few.. & very few, at that, words in German. Due to that, is why I just go with the German voices, whilst using the English sub text. That way, My poor ol' dusty, dented, rusty HD of a brain, can manage to keep up with it all..

I for 1, don't say that all have to follow the course of action that I do.. as I know there are those that well can follow along.. & more power to them, that can.

I'm just not 1 of them...

And, that also applies to Russian or what ever is the correct definition for their language.. over there, which is a vast big, area...

No offence, OneAlex.. I hope you do understand where I am coming from here.. & if I did, can only apologize.. just explaining, in as best a manner as I can, & as politely as possible.

M. M.

Old 05-17-21, 10:04 AM   #506
Onealex
Seasoned Skipper

As for me German voices are for atmosphere. Player has a duplicate text on English/Russian. This is enough to play this game. However I really want to add a german localization but I can't translate all files because I don't speak German. And I don't see German players who want comletely translate all text into German language (including radio messages)...
Old 05-17-21, 10:14 AM   #507
Kal_Maximus_U669
Sea Lord

Downloads: 815

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Mardigan View Post
Ahoy, Kal_Maximus_U669...

If by that, you're meaning of having both German text, as well as the voices.. I, for 1 would tend to agree... that is, with the caveat.. if you can read as well as understand verbally, German.

Which, sadly.. I don't. I do understand a few.. & very few, at that, words in German. Due to that, is why I just go with the German voices, whilst using the English sub text. That way, My poor ol' dusty, dented, rusty HD of a brain, can manage to keep up with it all..

I for 1, don't say that all have to follow the course of action that I do.. as I know there are those that well can follow along.. & more power to them, that can.

I'm just not 1 of them...

And, that also applies to Russian or what ever is the correct definition for their language.. over there, which is a vast big, area...

No offence, OneAlex.. I hope you do understand where I am coming from here.. & if I did, can only apologize.. just explaining, in as best a manner as I can, & as politely as possible.

M. M.

Ahoy Mad Mardigan
I just wanted to say that the language spoken in the game corresponds to the building that we order ... now you are free to choose the languages of the menu ... here we like to authenticate it no !!! I think we have to let alex pursue his quest ...! while instilling proposals ... he is free to implement them or not ... because at the moment it is one of the best mods ... which moreover is updated all the time; I hope that this year it will be rewarded ...
Kal_Maximus_U669 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-21, 11:44 AM   #508
Mad Mardigan
Admiral

SHO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kal_Maximus_U669 View Post
Ahoy Mad Mardigan
I just wanted to say that the language spoken in the game corresponds to the building that we order ... now you are free to choose the languages of the menu ... here we like to authenticate it no !!! I think we have to let alex pursue his quest ...! while instilling proposals ... he is free to implement them or not ... because at the moment it is one of the best mods ... which moreover is updated all the time; I hope that this year it will be rewarded ...
Ahoy, Kal_Maximus_U699...

On those salient points.. am in complete agreement.. which was why I mentioned of it being a suggested option, to consider.. or not. I hope that OneAlex will take it in the spirit of assistance My suggestion was forwarded as... & Yes, He is free to consider it.. or not.. It is My hope, that He will.. but, again.. that's entirely in His ball park, as it were to do so or not.

M. M.

Old 05-17-21, 03:18 PM   #509
880-5
A-ganger

Downloads: 526

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onealex View Post
As for me German voices are for atmosphere. Player has a duplicate text on English/Russian. This is enough to play this game. However I really want to add a german localization but I can't translate all files because I don't speak German. And I don't see German players who want comletely translate all text into German language (including radio messages)...
I come from Germany and there are already many German translations of texts.
880-5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-21, 12:12 AM   #510
CapZap1970
Sea Lord

Downloads: 259
Uploads: 51

Alex, One little problem came up when playing my first careen in Onealex V1.46...

Started new career in Flotilla Weddigen /Sep 1939 - Departed Sep01 and returned to Kiel Sep29. So far no problems. When I am back in the SH3 Commander main menu, I click on "Click For available action" menu and then on the first option "Update your personnel File" and this message pops up:

This never happened to me in any other prior versions.... Any ideas? How can this be solved in order to se the patrol log and all the info of the patrol? What could be the reason of this malfunction and why? I am doing everything exactly as I used to do in V1.45, V1.44, V1.43 and so on...

Thanks a lot for your help...

Last edited by CapZap1970; 05-18-21 at 12:27 AM.
CapZap1970 is offline   Reply With Quote