SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > Silent Hunter 4: Wolves of the Pacific
Forget password? Reset here

Old 09-12-22, 09:17 PM   #16
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 439
Uploads: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Math_72 View Post
I give up for today ^^'

I have deleted the game and downloading a new fresh one to be sure to have a clean file.

For resuming before retry:
-> i put JSGME in main file
-> i put "100_FalloftheRisingSun_Ultimate_v1.8" inside the "MODS" file created by JSGME
-> i turn OFF "read only" for all Silent hunter File
-> i On "Windows 7 compatibility", "diseable Full Screen Optimisation", "Run programe as Admin" and "Higth Scaling DPI" for SH4 executable.
-> Use JSGME to activate only "100_FalloftheRisingSun_Ultimate_v1.8"

[ I have to use the 100% text and app scalling on my computer beacause the game can't start (vanilla or not) when it's turn to 125% (recommanded)]

[My resolution was 1920x1080 (recommanded) and the same option in the game]

Thanx all for help!!
Excellent stepping through the process, if you are still on the D: drive in the SteamLibrary there. Do not neglect to run either the 4Gig Patch.exe or the Large Address Aware app that is in the game folder after you activate FotRSU. When either of those two memory apps open, point it to the SH4.exe file in the proper game folder, and then make certain it "took" and that the SH4 can use the extra RAM assigned it by Windows. With the 4Gig Patch app, you will see a confirmation message in a pop-up window. With the Large Address Aware app, you usually have to run it a 2nd time, and look at the status of the check mark when you you re-load the SH4.exe file into the program.

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-22, 09:12 AM   #17
Math_72
Swabbie

Downloads: 11
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by propbeanie View Post
Excellent stepping through the process, if you are still on the D: drive in the SteamLibrary there. Do not neglect to run either the 4Gig Patch.exe or the Large Address Aware app that is in the game folder after you activate FotRSU. When either of those two memory apps open, point it to the SH4.exe file in the proper game folder, and then make certain it "took" and that the SH4 can use the extra RAM assigned it by Windows. With the 4Gig Patch app, you will see a confirmation message in a pop-up window. With the Large Address Aware app, you usually have to run it a 2nd time, and look at the status of the check mark when you you re-load the SH4.exe file into the program.

It's work!

Thx This mod is realy nice!
Math_72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-22, 01:37 PM   #18
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 439
Uploads: 2

Excellent news! Glad you are going. Most mods are done the same way. If you go to change mods in the future though, remember to empty your Save folder ("C:\Users \UserName \Documents \SH4") after you change the MODS configuration. One option for that is to use multiple copies of the SH4 game, each in a unique folder, and then point the SH4 FileManager.dll at a different Save folder for each copy with the use of MultiSH4 - no need to jump into the deep end of the pool just yet though. Get used to what you have, and when you get curious, give a shout and someone can get you set-up with another copy of SH4 on your computer.

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote