SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SHIII Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 11-23-20, 02:32 AM   #16
Niume
Sea Lord

Downloads: 499
Uploads: 2

I really like when the clock is integrated with speed, depth dials. It gives a better understanding of passing time

GLORY TO UKRAINE!

[ENG] SH 4 KSD II Ace Edition
Niume is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-20, 09:18 AM   #17
Professor M
Sailor man

Downloads: 55

It is getting better with each reply. If I hadn't just taken ages getting ARB Widescreen and TKSS118 to work I would be willing to give this Beta a try. I will, however, be following the development with keen interest.

"Keep up the good work".

Professor M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-20, 09:42 PM   #18
diego_gut
Soundman

Downloads: 25
Uploads: 0

@Niume
@Professor M

Thank you!

I just posted version 1.1. It is save game compatible and you don't need to patch sh3.exe again but you have to make sure you copy your patched exe to the new directory.

Regards
diego_gut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-20, 01:40 PM   #19
Professor M
Sailor man

I can see that I will probably only hold out until the New Year before caving in to the temptation to give this a try. Perhaps a second, separate installation would be the way to go. Would this install direct onto a Vanilla version of SH3? I assume it requires the 4G patch? I will read your installation instructions before attempting this.

Old 11-24-20, 02:03 PM   #20
diego_gut
Soundman

I have tested it with GWX but I am sure it will work with stock SH3. The worst thing that can happen is that some file is missing but it would be a quick fix. The 4Gb patch might not be required for a vanilla install but it would be better to use it. Keep in mind that just running sh3 in 1080p will make it use more video memory and the GUI itself uses bigger graphics.

Anyway, I would be available to solve any problem you run into.
Old 11-26-20, 09:50 AM   #21
Professor M
Sailor man

I do have the GWX expansion, so could install that if it gives greater certainty.
Stock (V1.4 from Disc), GWX + Your graphics pack. By the way, what have you named it as?

Old 11-26-20, 02:18 PM   #22
diego_gut
Soundman

Download DGUI_v1.1 and install after GWX.

This has the advantage of using about 150 Mb less memory than ARB so with the 4Gb patch your game will be very stable.
Old 11-27-20, 06:00 AM   #23
Niume
Sea Lord

Downloads: 499

Would be cool to have MaGUI mod but for 1920x1080 resolution. Or atleast just the attack periscope screen and observation

GLORY TO UKRAINE!

[ENG] SH 4 KSD II Ace Edition
Niume is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-20, 08:22 AM   #24
BritTorrent
Watch

Downloads: 191

Hi,

I downloaded this mod and had a look at it and so far it seems pretty good. However I've had an issue. It might just be me being blind but so far I haven't been able to find a button to enable manual TDC control? It's normally in the Attack Map or in the Periscope view, a little button you click that disconnects the TDC from your periscope view.

I can't find it in this mod? I've had to resort to going into the conning tower and pressing the button on the TDC there in the 3D view!
BritTorrent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-20, 04:20 PM   #25
Professor M
Sailor man

Quote:
Originally Posted by diego_gut View Post
Download DGUI_v1.1 and install after GWX.

This has the advantage of using about 150 Mb less memory than ARB so with the 4Gb patch your game will be very stable.
"DGUI", thanks. As I said, it may be in the new year (January?) as I am about to try out ARBwide with Stock + GWX + ARBwide (in December). Stock + ARBwide is successful (apart from the usual missing flags on ships issue, well documented). These will give me a decent reference for comparison purposes.

I must say, the more I think about it the more I am looking forward to it. I can't think of another pc game/sim' that I would be able to say that about (especially considering that it is around fifteen years old now).

Old 11-27-20, 06:49 PM   #26
diego_gut
Soundman

@BritTorrent

The manual TDC button is just to the left of the telegraph. It's the one that lights blue when selected. It is just one for all screens.
Old 12-05-20, 08:41 PM   #27
diego_gut
Soundman

Hello,

I just uploaded version 1.2. It doesn't have many changes but it has an important fix. It ships with a new TychoSh3Patch.map because I mistakenly shipped the one I was using for calibration.

This version is save game compatible but you should apply the patches again. Sorry about that!

I updated the second post to show the fixed Carrer screen.

Your Periscopes and Uzo should NOT look like this:

Old 12-07-20, 03:04 AM   #28
Toyotagt86
Machinist's Mate

Downloads: 516
Default suggestion

I have a suggestion
when the RAOBF is enabled, the Periscope still can be moved by the mouse, that is very convenient for us to measure the range.

Best Regards
Toyotagt86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-20, 04:03 PM   #29
diego_gut
Soundman

@Toyotagt86

I am afraid that is not possible. You can not place a ring in Sh3 UI, every element is a rectangle with or without transparencies. In this case, the middle ring is really a rectangle and it's center is transparent. If I make it so that you can click through it, you would be able control the periscope but you would not be able to rotate the ring.

I tested it.

Thanks for the suggestion anyway.

Regards,

Diego

PS: Now that I think about it, perhaps there is a trick you could use but I would have to test it when I get home. The clickable area is also a rectangle but it extends to the right of the periscope because the binocular is centered. There are elements you don't see that block your mouse ( such as the launched torpedo icons) but you could find an area to the right of the RABOF square where the mouse will be captured to control the periscope.

Last edited by diego_gut; 12-07-20 at 04:16 PM.
Old 12-08-20, 07:02 PM   #30
Toyotagt86
Machinist's Mate

Downloads: 516
Default I found the click area

Quote:
Originally Posted by diego_gut View Post
@Toyotagt86

I am afraid that is not possible. You can not place a ring in Sh3 UI, every element is a rectangle with or without transparencies. In this case, the middle ring is really a rectangle and it's center is transparent. If I make it so that you can click through it, you would be able control the periscope but you would not be able to rotate the ring.

I tested it.

Thanks for the suggestion anyway.

Regards,

Diego

PS: Now that I think about it, perhaps there is a trick you could use but I would have to test it when I get home. The clickable area is also a rectangle but it extends to the right of the periscope because the binocular is centered. There are elements you don't see that block your mouse ( such as the launched torpedo icons) but you could find an area to the right of the RABOF square where the mouse will be captured to control the periscope.

Yes I found the click area, thank you very much
Toyotagt86 is offline   Reply With Quote