SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SHIII Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 11-27-20, 08:30 PM   #586
FeatsOfStrength
Gunner

Downloads: 25
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbuna View Post
That's perfect, thanks a lot!
FeatsOfStrength is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-20, 06:34 AM   #587
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

No problem

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-20, 08:37 PM   #588
embraceentropy
Seaman

Downloads: 71

My apologies if this was covered somewhere in the thread already.

Is there a way to keep the ambience with sailors chatting, etc on during cruise but have them be quiet in silent running? As trivial as it seems, it is definitely immersion breaking to be tracking a DD at periscope depth with people banging around and chatting. Otherwise, this mod is amazing!
embraceentropy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-20, 02:13 AM   #589
Fifi
Navy Seal

Downloads: 453

Quote:
Originally Posted by embraceentropy View Post
My apologies if this was covered somewhere in the thread already.

Is there a way to keep the ambience with sailors chatting, etc on during cruise but have them be quiet in silent running? As trivial as it seems, it is definitely immersion breaking to be tracking a DD at periscope depth with people banging around and chatting. Otherwise, this mod is amazing!
Not of what I’m aware of...
The sound you hear is Ambiance Interior and the silent running order can’t switch to an other sound file, so...
Fifi is online   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-20, 12:06 PM   #590
embraceentropy
Seaman

I've noticed the crew cheer sound isn't working when I have a hit. The ono_cheer files are in the game folder and they play correctly using VLC, but nothing in the game. I followed the FAQ changes. Any tips?
Old 12-19-20, 05:53 PM   #591
ivanov.ruslan
The Old Man

Downloads: 901

https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/sho...d.php?t=226738
ivanov.ruslan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-20, 09:41 AM   #592
embraceentropy
Seaman

Quote:
Originally Posted by ivanov.ruslan View Post
I saw that one earlier, but it didn't address my issue. However, I found that hits in the naval academy torpedo lesson do not trigger the sound byte (they must be neutral or friendly). After getting into a mission and hitting an enemy unit the sound played just fine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fifi View Post
Not of what I’m aware of...
The sound you hear is Ambiance Interior and the silent running order can’t switch to an other sound file, so...
I noticed in this thread someone edited that file for just this very issue (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/dow...o=file&id=5349). However, the download is giving me a 404 error. Hopefully it is fixed soon!
Old 12-20-20, 10:28 AM   #593
FUBAR295
Krusty Krab

Downloads: 439

Try here for the sound mod;

https://maikhaas.synology.me:5001/fs...TDAiD/THEPRODY

Good hunting,
FUBAR295

FUBAR295 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-21, 11:03 AM   #594
Commander 001
Nub

Downloads: 14
Default Torpedo Impact Sound!

How do I mod the torpedo impact sound with a more realistic hit and explosion from a documentary?
Commander 001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-21, 11:11 AM   #595
Onealex
Seasoned Skipper

Downloads: 191

Quote:
Originally Posted by Commander 001 View Post
How do I mod the torpedo impact sound with a more realistic hit and explosion from a documentary?
Change these sound files (SH3\data\Sound) :
1 P11_@ref_torp_great_explosion
2 P11_@ref_torp_great_explosion_hyd
You can use sound editors to convert the sound you have to the appropriate format
Old 07-27-21, 11:32 PM   #596
Sangamon Taylor
Mate

Downloads: 128

Quote:
Originally Posted by Commander 001 View Post
You do realize that the sound effect you hear in the documentary is not necessarily realistic. In fact it is almost certainly a sound effect added when the documentary was made, probably from an old studio sound effects library.
Sangamon Taylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-21, 11:03 AM   #597
NTurano
Watch

Downloads: 79
Default With Toyotagt86's Enhanced mod for GWX3.0 Version 2.1 ARBGui

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philipp_Thomsen View Post
Ahoy there...

For me, sound is one of the most important things in a game, both for imersion and for realism. There is a huge lack of sound mods for SH3, so I decided to start doing that, collecting every sound I could and putting it to work for the sake of all of us. I bet you're already tired of listening the same old sounds since you start playing SH3, while all the other parts of the game are updated by mods in a daily basis.

This is the THIRD version (actually the 194th version I think ) of my sound pack mod. In this version I have some few surprises for you guys...

- Destroyer sound
Remember those moments of tension in Das Boot when a destroyer was passing over them ready to depth charge? Now you have it. The sound you'll hear inside the u-boat when you're submerged and a destroyer is coming above you to sh!t all over you is the same sound from the movie. I've been playing with it and I must say it sounds incredible. Much more frightening!

- No more looping cranks sounds
Now you have a lot of short creak sounds, which is more realistic, and prevents the game from looping these sounds.

- Increased number of different cranks
from 4 to 47 (yes, 47 different sounds) in shuffle mode, working in groups of 5, so you can have a combination of 1.533.939 different creak sounds everytime you load your game. (ps. Refer to the V3.1 update)

- Reduced bass
of most sounds for headphone players. No more distortion when listening to sounds with high volume.

- Real sounds
of diesel engines, recorded during the WW2, by BBC.
of torpedos being launched from uboat, recorded during the WW2 by BBC.
of weather sounds (wind, ocean, rain, thunder rolls) recorded by BBC.

- WhispeRING RING mod included
lower volume on the RING RING sound for orders in speed changes so your dont hurt your ears.

- Identifying target/Solution to target
New sounds for it, a more realistic approach, you hear the sound of book searching and TDC calculations, instead of the instant response. Although the sound is longer and more realistic, I'm still working on the order reply (still coming out after two seconds, instead of after the sound finishes).

- Submarine ambient Interior Sounds
Three new sounds for it. All of them are 30 minutes long, so you don't have to hear the same short and repetitive sound all the time, the patrols are long, so should be the ambient sound. The first one is a ambient sound taken from Das Boot, so you have a lot of crew chatting in the back. The second one is with no chatting at all, for those who understand german language and think its not imersive. The third one (which will be played by default) is a mix of both first and second, but chatting on the left channel and ambient on the right, creating a very nice and imersive stereo ambient. It's my favorite one.

- New radio sounds
For new radio message received. You can hear the typewritter and crew chatting. For those who like to hear the morse code, there's also a compressed file inside, just de-compress it and enable via JSGME.

And thousand other things you'll notice during gameplay. I'll not put it all here becouse I can't remember all of them. Over 10 thousand files.

Im my humble opinion there's still a LOT of things to fix/improve. Im not even close to be satisfied with the sound pack yet, but I realised that I can't go on without feedback, and that's where you all can help!

CHANGELOG:

I don't keep a changelog.

F.A.Q.

1) Is this mod compatible with *whatever*?

For being a sound mod, its much easier to have compatibility with anything. I'll not post the list of mods that this sound pack is compatible with, it would be a long list. When enabling with JSGME, compatibility issues will be presented to you, or not. If you have any doubt about any compatibility, ask me here, posting the files that JSGME found being used by another mod and I'll give you an answer, and if thats the case I'll upload a file solving the issue for you. Basically it will work normally with anything, but in case of warning messages about files of .dat, .dsd, .txt and .cfg extensions, please ask me more details here.

2) How do I install it?

First off, I STRONGLY RECOMMEND you to have the latest version of winrar, this sound pack is heavily compressed to make a more easy download, so you can get bad extractions using older versions of winrar. Its 850 mb of mod compressed in a 350mb solid archive. Just extract the content of the .rar file in your silenthunterIII/mods directory. Done that, enable it via JSGME. Even being compatible with GWX, its very likely for you to get warning messages when enabling, thats normal. Any doubt, read the 1) above.

3) I cant hear the "jahowl, herr kaleun" when giving an order, whats up?

From the "instructions.txt" in the mod folder:

4) I don't like *whatever* on the sound mod

Thats great! Be a good guy and start throwing wrenches at Thomsen!
Decent mods are made after a lot of feedback. Say what you don't like, why you don't like and how it should be modifyed. Modifying a sound is very easy for me, difficult is knowing where to use the magic wand!

5) Thomsen, when I enable your sound pack I lose some functionalities on the keyboard, like the binoculars and other stuff.

It's very easy to fix this. Just follow these steps:

1) Disable my mod, go to my mod's folder and delete both folders "MENU" and "CFG"
2) Enable my mod back on.
3) Go to sh3/data/menu and open en_menu.txt and change the line #1052 to:

1052=System check, diesel engine start

4) Open the sh3/data/cfg/commands_en.cfg and edit it with the notepad, in line #341:

[Cmd341]
Name=WP_Target_nearest_ship
Ctxt=1
MnID=0x3F140002
Str=1052
Key0=0x53,Cc,"CTRL S"
Key1=0x53,c,"CTRL S"

Just copy and paste this over there. So there you go, you have the CTRL+S system start at the beggining of your patrol working with any version of commands_en.cfg and en_menu.txt, so by all means this will make V3 compatible with anything.

6) But thomsen, you're nutz! How the hell am I going to download such enormous file if I have a dial-up conection?

Easy there... Thinking of you guys, I've uploaded the same file divided in 10 parts, so you can download 10x 35mb files without a sweat!

7) The other interior sounds you mentined before, how do I put them to work?

The three sounds are in the same folder (sound folder). To activate them you have to rename them. The game will only load "ambient_submarineInterior.wav", so the other files have a number in the end "... interior1.wav" or "...interior2.wav"... you just have to rename the one you want, removing that number in the end.
-------------------------------------------------------------

There's a lot of guys behind all this sounds, which I don't know. If you think you have part on any of these sounds, I thank you very much for all your effort, it wouldn't be possible without it.

SUBSIM LINK 3.0 Here
Latest Version, contains 3.1 and 3.2 here

Acabo de adquirir la nueva versión de GWX 3.0 (2.1) y lo que justamente le faltaba era tu mod de sonido. Tuve algunos incovenientes con los comandos, las cuales no me permitían moverme por el interior del u-boat y tambien anulaba la apertura de las escotillas. No obstante, pude solucionarlo borrando los archivos "Cfg" y "Menu" de tu mod y ahora no tiene ningún conflicto. Ahora pasearse por dentro del u-boat con tus sonidos es una experiencia deliciosa!
Muchas gracias!
NTurano is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
living