SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SHIII Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 09-27-07, 12:14 PM   #16
KrvKpt. Falke
Planesman

Downloads: 40
Uploads: 0

Ok, after a few hours of testing ive noticed some bugs (at least when using your mod with gwx 1.03):
1. there are some weird black/grey "artifacts" at the horizon when using binoculars (made screenshots but unfortunetly they are all black except the one posted below...);
2. when clicking on watch officer camera moves to the top - like this:

Also it would be nice if second use of F4 would reset the camera to default position on conning tower.

Other than that - great mod

- improved with GWX and...too many to list them here
KrvKpt. Falke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-07, 12:41 PM   #17
sh3rules
Sonar Guy

Downloads: 24

Nice!
sh3rules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-07, 02:41 PM   #18
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Downloads: 147
Uploads: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by sergbuto
Quote:
Originally Posted by mic1184
ps.: something else, on your SH3 download page, there is a mod that adds lifeboats, but there is no download link. where can i get that? thx.
I am afraid this project will be never finished unless I'll get interested in SH3 again. SH4 has lifeboats implemented therefore there is no need or stimulus to work on the project any more.
Perhaps you would be interested in turning it over to me? I would like to add this to my SH4 effects for SH3 mod.....:hmm:
TheDarkWraith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-07, 02:54 PM   #19
KaustikSoda
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Great mod, exactly what I was looking for.
Unfortunately I got the same graphics corruption at the horizon as Falke when looking through binoculars. For me it looks similar to texture overlapping, with parts flickering.
Really hope this can be fixed, this mod immediately became one of my favorite mods.

Thanks.
Old 09-27-07, 04:04 PM   #20
sergbuto
Pacific Aces Dev Team

Downloads: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrvKpt. Falke
Ok, after a few hours of testing ive noticed some bugs (at least when using your mod with gwx 1.03):
1. there are some weird black/grey "artifacts" at the horizon when using binoculars (made screenshots but unfortunetly they are all black except the one posted below...);
2. when clicking on watch officer camera moves to the top - like this:
Concerning graphic artifacts, I just realized that I put the wrong version of the Cameras.dat file in the download. Sorry about that. It should work now.

As to point 2, good catch, KrvKpt. Falke (I wonder why guys who used the mod before the release did not mention that). I actually forgot about the Watch Officer. Unfortunately, this can be corrected only by making modifications to additional files.

Anyhow, you can now download a version of the mod from my site which eliminates both of the bugs mentioned.

I just want to repeat that even if other mods made some adjustment of parameters/settings in the same files as those found in the download of my mod, the parameters are only related to the player "viewport" and do not affect the gameplay in any way.

Last edited by sergbuto; 09-27-07 at 04:29 PM.
sergbuto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-07, 04:20 PM   #21
sergbuto
Pacific Aces Dev Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racerboy
Quote:
Originally Posted by sergbuto
Quote:
Originally Posted by mic1184
ps.: something else, on your SH3 download page, there is a mod that adds lifeboats, but there is no download link. where can i get that? thx.
I am afraid this project will be never finished unless I'll get interested in SH3 again. SH4 has lifeboats implemented therefore there is no need or stimulus to work on the project any more.
Perhaps you would be interested in turning it over to me? I would like to add this to my SH4 effects for SH3 mod.....:hmm:
Sure. Let me only recall and gather what I had for the project and I will pass that on you.
Old 09-27-07, 04:48 PM   #22
dcb
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 544

Serg, may I come with a suggestion to your mod? Maybe you should increase the clipping distance on the binoculars, so that it "skips" the various obstacles of the conning tower, including the watch crew.
I would do it myself, but I don't have the right tweak file of cameras.dat for minitweaker. Thanks in advance.
dcb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-07, 05:00 PM   #23
Huskalar
Ensign

Downloads: 176

Great mod.
Huskalar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-07, 05:11 PM   #24
MLF
Weps

Downloads: 137

Ah Serg, the magician's sleeve! Many thanks.

MLF
Old 09-27-07, 06:06 PM   #25
KrvKpt. Falke
Planesman

Downloads: 40

Works fine now, thanks Serg!

- improved with GWX and...too many to list them here
KrvKpt. Falke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-07, 06:31 PM   #26
3Jane
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcb
Serg, may I come with a suggestion to your mod? Maybe you should increase the clipping distance on the binoculars, so that it "skips" the various obstacles of the conning tower, including the watch crew.
I would do it myself, but I don't have the right tweak file of cameras.dat for minitweaker. Thanks in advance.

It would be nice not to have to stand on the sill of the tower to see past the watch crew and the rdf loop. It's nice to be able to move around the boat though, especialy during the slow times.
Just a small question. Does this mod alter the screen resolution in anyway. I get the feeling that my IXB looks a little more streched when using the free-cam, but that might just be my impression.

Fate opposes me in vitality and morality, forced ever onward, burdened, always in shackles.
So this very moment, without tarrying, pluck the quivering strings. Because fate punishes the one who plays, all lament with me.

(http://hosted.filefront.com/KatherineRowan)
3Jane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-07, 11:33 PM   #27
dcb
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 544

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3Jane
Just a small question. Does this mod alter the screen resolution in anyway. I get the feeling that my IXB looks a little more streched when using the free-cam, but that might just be my impression.
I'm in a IXC myself and, to be honest, I didn't notice anything weird about stretching, but I didn't play a lot with the new mod. Maybe after a few hours into the game...
dcb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-07, 08:41 AM   #28
sergbuto
Pacific Aces Dev Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcb
No way I am going to do that. I love obstacles. That is how it was in reality. One needs to move around on the bridge to get rid of obstacles while using binocles, especially on US subs. I would do that for UZO/TBT as well if there was an opportunity to have a second one in the bridge stern.

If you do not like that, you can indeed adjust the clipping distance back to a stock value. You do not have to use a minitweeker, take advantage of skwasjer's S3D editor. It can read any file and will allow you to set any parameter for the cameras to your liking.
Old 09-28-07, 08:49 AM   #29
sergbuto
Pacific Aces Dev Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by MLF
the magician's sleeve
Have not heard that expression for quite a while, MLF. Brings good memories from my childhood.
Old 09-28-07, 09:02 AM   #30
sergbuto
Pacific Aces Dev Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3Jane
I get the feeling that my IXB looks a little more streched when using the free-cam, but that might just be my impression.
Some mods you are using might have adjusted the viewing angle of the camera, therefore going back to stock viewing angles may give such an impression.