SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH4 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 10-13-22, 07:15 AM   #1
l02turner
Soundman

Downloads: 167
Uploads: 0
Default Is there a Definitions of the Prefix's?

When posting a question, there's a box to the left of the Title labelled "Prefix" with a drop-down and 4 choices: No Prefix, TEC, WIP and REL. Is there a place where these 3 choices are defined? I usually go with No Prefix, but a recent question would not allow my question to proceed without a Prefix. Since I don't know what they stand for, I picked the 1st one but I'd rather not do that. I tried searching for these terms but go no hits.

Maybe these Prefixes are so obvious they don't need a definition, but they're not obvious to this old brain...

TIA -
l02turner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-22, 08:34 AM   #2
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 439
Uploads: 2

Onkel Neal has it somewhere, but I do not recall where. The "[TEC]" 'tag' is supposed to be used for "TEChnical" information that the poster wishes to share, such as zAmboni's [TEC] Tutorial: Deconstructing the menu_1024_768.ini file items. The [WIP] is for "Work In Progress", for mods that are announced as being built, but not finished. This is to attract attention to the project and recruit testers for the purpose of building a finished product. Once the project is "finished" or deemed close enough for release, then the modders of the project either have a SubSim site moderator change that "[WIP]" tag to "[REL]", or make a new thread with that to signify the "RELeased" status of the mod.

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-22, 09:04 PM   #3
Weasel665
Watch

Downloads: 404

Quote:
Originally Posted by propbeanie View Post
Onkel Neal has it somewhere, but I do not recall where. The "[TEC]" 'tag' is supposed to be used for "TEChnical" information that the poster wishes to share, such as zAmboni's [TEC] Tutorial: Deconstructing the menu_1024_768.ini file items. The [WIP] is for "Work In Progress", for mods that are announced as being built, but not finished. This is to attract attention to the project and recruit testers for the purpose of building a finished product. Once the project is "finished" or deemed close enough for release, then the modders of the project either have a SubSim site moderator change that "[WIP]" tag to "[REL]", or make a new thread with that to signify the "RELeased" status of the mod.
Try here:
https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/sho...d.php?t=155786
Thread Prefix Guidelines:

These prefixes should be used when posting a new thread.

If your thread doesn't fall into any of the catagories below then dont use any prefix.

If you are posting a "tutorial" or "technical info" thread then start the thread title with - [TEC]

If you are posting a "work in progress" thread then start the thread title with - [WIP]

If you are posting a "mod release" thread then start the thread title with - [REL]

If you are posting a "request" thread then start the thread title with - [REQ]

NOTE - when you are starting a mod thread it is recommended that the "version" number should NOT be used as part of thread title but instead please put any mod version number in the first line of the thread text so you can go back anytime and edit or update it as you see fit.
Weasel665 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-22, 06:27 AM   #4
l02turner
Soundman

Downloads: 167
Default Is there a Definitions of the Prefix's?

Thanks for those great definitions! BTW, when I was posting a question recently, I saw the Prefix's and initially tried to leave it blank/unanswered, but it threw an error and forced me to pick one. Not knowing what the Prefix's meant, I picked one which was likely wrong. I assume I must have done something wrong since it forced me to choose. 've asked other questions and the Prefix's were never an issue.
Anyway, I know what to do in the future,,,:
Kaleun_Cheers:
l02turner is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
prefix, rel, tec, wip