SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Sub/Naval + Other Games > Sub/Naval & General Games Discussion
Forget password? Reset here

Old 07-12-10, 08:31 AM   #1
raymond6751
Admirable Mike

Downloads: 421
Uploads: 0
Default WW2 pbem

Note that this is a text-based email game.

This is not a battle game, although combat is part of it. This is a game about command. I cannot give you animation and sound effects or plastic or cardboard pieces to move about the game table. I can give you the feelings and immersion of being one officer among many who must work together against all odds.

If you feel frustration, impatience, boredom, lack of resources and information, and most of all, a sense of uncertainty, this was my plan. In real life officers cannot quit because the radio doesn’t work or instructions didn’t come through. They could not check out if the promised support wasn’t provided or the higher authority isn’t providing much leadership. An effective military commander must be able to "adapt and thrive under circumstances of complexity, ambiguity and rapid change." War is about messed up plans, yours and theirs.

One group of players will do well in this game, the others won’t. If a group communicates well success will be the reward. This game is about communications and the lack of it. We have nothing but our imaginations and a set of rules to guide our efforts. The more challenging, the better; but challenge doesn’t always come from the enemy.

This is a big, deep, challenging game that needs a lot of players to depict the war as intended. Get into this if you are a thinker.
Old 07-13-10, 02:15 PM   #2
Immelman
Sparky

Downloads: 5

Disclaimer: No offense intended just one person's opinion

There is very little information on the provided site nothing useful only innuendo.
There is a link to the supposed rules of the game which downloads an executable not the advertised pdf file.
If you think for a second that I will install anything on my computer without knowing what its about you are sadly mistaken.

Regards,
Immelman
Old 07-15-10, 01:09 PM   #3
raymond6751
Admirable Mike

Downloads: 421
Default Wrong button used.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Immelman View Post
Disclaimer: No offense intended just one person's opinion

There is very little information on the provided site nothing useful only innuendo.
There is a link to the supposed rules of the game which downloads an executable not the advertised pdf file.
If you think for a second that I will install anything on my computer without knowing what its about you are sadly mistaken.

Regards,
Immelman
Thanks for the info. I checked my site. You pressed the wrong link. There are two download buttons. One says download Download 4shared desktop, which is what you clicked. The other blue download button is for my file.

For your info, the promised .pdf file is a free copy of my novel and unrelated to the game. I use 4shared for my game files, which are zipped word documents.

If you click the blue download button, you get what you wanted.

Tags
pbem, wargame, ww2