SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Current crop of subsims & naval games > COLD WATERS
Forget password? Reset here

Old 02-21-21, 06:21 PM   #1
CaptainSaveAHoe
Nub

Downloads: 9
Uploads: 0
Default Need help with modding issues EPIC MOD

Hello so i just downloaded epic mod and decided i wanted to change one of the vessels maximum depth in the molder destination . i changed the OSCAR 2 depth from 2000 to 2500 (ive done this before with no issue) suddenly all my epic mod missions are gone except 1968 and if i try to play 68 campaign everything is jumbled up .
i dont get it ive managed to get into the vessel and weapons files and change things with no issues for the last month. suddenly one change and the game goes ape**** and unplayable.
even when i revert to original specs for the vessel it wont let me play the game properly at all .
help me
CaptainSaveAHoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-21, 04:15 PM   #2
steel shark
XO

Downloads: 48
Uploads: 5

Default try this

the mods manager keep backup files so if you switching to a new version of a mod lets say

Cold Waters Epic Mod 2.25 (03.11.20)

to

Cold Waters Epic Mod 2.25 (04.11.20)

or if you have installed then removed loads of mod files i find it helps to clean out the saved backup files now and a gain

to do this first you need to enable show hidden files on windows so :

Select the Start button, then select Control Panel > Appearance and Personalization. Select Folder Options, then select the View tab. Under Advanced settings, select Show hidden files, folders, and drives, and then select OK.

then go to the mods folder and look for 3 files inside the mods folder called :

JSGME

!INSTLOGS

!BACKUP

deleting these in effect makes the mod manager forget all saved data so its like new again

if you not sure you want to delete them just copy the files out rather then deleting em

remember after this you will need to re enable your mods and in the order you prefer

i found as i am constantly enabling and disabling mods as im making stuff all the time

that the mod manager would glitch up textures or files now and a gain

so this method wipes it clean so its not got like a a thousand backup files saved in its memory

hope this helps some of you out in making mods run smoother

Steel Shark
Old 02-25-21, 04:45 AM   #3
M134
Mate

Downloads: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainSaveAHoe View Post
Hello so i just downloaded epic mod and decided i wanted to change one of the vessels maximum depth in the molder destination . i changed the OSCAR 2 depth from 2000 to 2500 (ive done this before with no issue) suddenly all my epic mod missions are gone except 1968 and if i try to play 68 campaign everything is jumbled up .
i dont get it ive managed to get into the vessel and weapons files and change things with no issues for the last month. suddenly one change and the game goes ape**** and unplayable.
even when i revert to original specs for the vessel it wont let me play the game properly at all .
help me
Probably you have problem with file encoding. I suggest usinig Notepad++ for modding - it will keep UTF-8 encoding while standard Notepad will change it to ANSI upon saving.

Crash happens due to russian characters, so either get yourself a Notepad++ (or similar) or change Designation to SSGN.
M134 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-21, 11:20 AM   #4
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy
Downloads: 22

Default welcome aboard!

Uongarri!

"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human squirrelyness; and I'm not too sure about the Universe"
Aktungbby is online   Reply With Quote