Forget password? Reset here

Old 01-13-22, 04:33 PM   #76
nikimcbee
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 90
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbuna View Post
Using your phone when behind the wheel is illegal in all cases, unless your engine is off and the handbrake is on.

Do you have to have a mask on and a personal flotation device, whilst using your mobile device?

Sorry mate, you forgot to drop your anchor while using your phone.

That'll be 3 points.....
oh wait, that is not a Coast Guard approved anchor, another 200.
Old 01-13-22, 05:11 PM   #77
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff-Groves View Post
I'd be screwed! None of my vehicles have a hand brake!

Well. The '73 Opel GT does but it has no engine right now so would probably be exempt.
How's the rules when it comes to these smartphone and driving-I presume the rules is different from state to state.

Markus

My little lovely female cat
mapuc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-22, 10:51 PM   #78
Armistead
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 364

A few years ago I rode my horse by the river then through old downtown to a party. Had a few and riding back through old downtown on the sidewalk and a cop.. pulled me. Somewhat a rookie, but he was figuring if he could get me with a DUI. I told him it was the horse's fault cuz I just sat on it and fell asleep and he decided to head to the barn. However, the laws are here while you can get a DUI on a lawnmower, you can't a horse, so I was free to be own my way.

You see my dog don't like people laughing. He gets the crazy idea you're laughing at him. Now if you apologize like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.
Armistead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-22, 05:10 AM   #79
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

Does your dog like to enjoy the breeze with his/her head popping out the window, or tends to chill next to you in the passenger seat? Be careful! You’re risking a £5,000 fine and 9 points if you’re letting your pet roam free in the car.

The Highway Code states that for the pet’s safety and for your safety to prevent distraction, your pet should be harnessed or kept in a pet carrier when you’re driving.

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-22, 07:29 AM   #80
Bubblehead1980
Navy Seal

Downloads: 550
Uploads: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armistead View Post
A few years ago I rode my horse by the river then through old downtown to a party. Had a few and riding back through old downtown on the sidewalk and a cop.. pulled me. Somewhat a rookie, but he was figuring if he could get me with a DUI. I told him it was the horse's fault cuz I just sat on it and fell asleep and he decided to head to the barn. However, the laws are here while you can get a DUI on a lawnmower, you can't a horse, so I was free to be own my way.
Haha that is hilarious. Story goes that my paternal grandfather actually received a DUI on a lawnmower back in the 80's , before I was born. Apparently, ran out of whiskey and cigars, his girlfriend apparently would not take him to get more and hid his keys. So he gets on a riding lawnmower/tractor (his home was in rural area) and went "up the road". For some reason he was stopped and arrested, charges later dismissed. Always made me think about George Jones
Bubblehead1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-22, 01:18 PM   #81
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Does your dog like to enjoy the breeze with his/her head popping out the window, or tends to chill next to you in the passenger seat? Be careful! You’re risking a £5,000 fine and 9 points if you’re letting your pet roam free in the car.

The Highway Code states that for the pet’s safety and for your safety to prevent distraction, your pet should be harnessed or kept in a pet carrier when you’re driving.

Old 01-18-22, 01:23 PM   #82
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

I don't know about any traffic rules when it comes to animals like the dog. I have family and friends who have dog and car. Only one of them has his dog lose in the car the others has some kind of safety thing to their dog in the back seat.(not a box)

Markus

Old 01-18-22, 01:30 PM   #83
Jeff-Groves
Village Idiot

Downloads: 130

You have no idea how many people drive around with their dogs on their laps while driving in the USA! I mean the dog is ON THE DRIVERS lap!
I've seen multiple dogs on the drivers lap!
Old 01-18-22, 01:37 PM   #84
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff-Groves View Post
You have no idea how many people drive around with their dogs on their laps while driving in the USA! I mean the dog is ON THE DRIVERS lap!
I've seen multiple dogs on the drivers lap!
No doubt about it and I presume Jim has seen the same when he was working as Police officer.

But is it legal or illegal to have your dog on your laps while driving and is it different from state to state ?

Markus

Old 01-19-22, 09:41 AM   #85
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Drink driving is a deadly problem. It should be clear to everyone that driving under the influence of alcohol is illegal, but there’s more to it. What you might think is a safe choice after a night out is actually also an offence – sleeping in your car when drunk.

Even though you’re not driving, and your car isn’t even moving, being inside your car whilst intoxicated could mean 10 penalty points and a hefty fine. It’s still considered as being “in charge of a motor vehicle” according to the Road Traffic Act 1988.

Ask someone (sober!) to give you a ride, take public transport or get a taxi – just stay away from your car when drunk.

Old 01-19-22, 09:49 AM   #86
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

^ I think it's the same in every country only difference is how many promille you are allowed to have in your blood.

In Denmark it is 0.2 promille, while Sweden has 0.0

Leave you car when drinking is a good advise problem is where alcohol goes in common sense take a hike.

Markus

Old 01-20-22, 01:47 PM   #87
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Everyone wants to be a hero but you should be wary of when to try to be one. Flashing your lights at another car to warn about a speed trap is considered obstructing a police officer in their duty.

Warning others of speed traps can get you in the exact situation you tried to help others avoid: a fine between £30 and £1000. You shouldn’t be driving over the speed limit in the first place!

Old 01-20-22, 05:17 PM   #88
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy
Downloads: 22

in 'Merika', flashing headlights is considered 1st amendment free speech; used to warn, allow someone admittance into a lane; or to allow another driver proceed at a multi-stop(4-way) intersection or to warn of an emergency ahead. It is illegal to impersonate an emergency vehicle by flashing headlight however. The other side plays as well; I got stopped in my rig toward the end of my trukkin' daze for speeding in revenue-strapped hinterlands of Idaho 0200 AM. The officer asked...and was shocked that I had no CB, & no radar detector. "You're not playing the game!??" he asked. He then closed his ticket book out of pity and let me leave!

"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human squirrelyness; and I'm not too sure about the Universe"
Aktungbby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-22, 05:49 AM   #89
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Most of us enjoy listening to music when driving but if too loud, music can put you at risk. Excessive volume is covered by both The Highway Code and The Road Vehicles Regulations 1986 directing to avoid distractions, such as loud music, and to not create excessive noise to others.

As much as you’re loving your new playlist, you need to stay focused behind the wheel. Your music could even prevent you and other drivers from hearing the siren of an emergency car, causing disruption.

Old 01-21-22, 07:34 AM   #90
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbuna View Post

I assume babies must be gagged, handcuffed and placed in the cargo bay?