Downloads: 90
Uploads: 0

Just for you August:

Old 01-15-22, 10:43 PM   #92
nikimcbee
Fleet Admiral

Looks like the Colonial militia has hunkered down for the winter, and will no longer fight until spring training.
Old 01-16-22, 06:57 AM   #93
Platapus
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 63

That Bills game was pretty exciting.
Old 01-16-22, 07:36 PM   #94
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 37

As you may know in Soccer it happens that an unlucky player score own goal.
Does this also happens in American football-That a player run the wrong way and score Touchdown in his own area ?

Markus

My little lovely female cat
mapuc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-22, 10:08 PM   #95
nikimcbee
Fleet Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by mapuc View Post
Does this also happens in American football-That a player run the wrong way and score Touchdown in his own area ?

Markus

It's happen before.
Old 01-16-22, 10:46 PM   #96
nikimcbee
Fleet Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Platapus View Post
That Bills game was pretty exciting.

You mean, the Ft. Buffalo massacre? The New England Militia, whilst on their winter offensive, were ambushed and wiped out by raiding parties of Mohawk, Seneca, and Iroquois Warriors. The Militia defense had set up winter camp, away from the main body of the army. The militia was wiped out and General Belicheck and the remnants of the force have withdrawn to New England.

Meanwhile, in the Southern Seas, the Gronkineers pillage and plunder.
Old 01-17-22, 01:24 AM   #97
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy
Downloads: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by mapuc View Post

Markus
Quote:
Originally Posted by nikimcbee View Post
It's happen before.
OH YES! In 1964 feared defensive lineman "Wrong Way" Jim Marshall of the Minnesota Viking's feared "Purple People Eaters" defensive front line picked up a fumble in the heat of the scrimmage against the San Francisco 49ers; and ran 66 yards the wrong way into the endzone where he tossed the ball put of bounds in presumed touchdown glory...the delighted Niners received a 2 point 'safety'; the same as when a player is tackled in his own end zone with the ball. Mr Marshall, an 18 year veteran All pro and still a record holder of most pro game-starts and recovered fumbles, received a comfort/commiseration call from Wrong Way Roy Riegles, another highly regarded player, who had done the same thing in the 1929 Rose Bowl...recovering a fumble and running 69 yards, having lost his directional bearings. In the first case, Marshall later recovered another fumble which fellow Purple People Eater Carl Eller converted to a touchdown to give Minnesota the victory. In the Bowl game, Geogia Tech utilized the critical 2 point safety to win the game 9 to 7 against California Bears. The 2 point safety is the rarest score in football. I actually saw the game on TV where Marshal made his mistake! 58 year ago!! It's still considered a classic! In fact, it is the only safety I've ever observed. PS: real men play rugby...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Marshal
My first inkling something was wrong was when a 49er gave me a hug in the endzone!

"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human squirrelyness; and I'm not too sure about the Universe"

Last edited by Aktungbby; 01-17-22 at 12:26 PM. Reason: Correct details & punctuation errors
Aktungbby is online   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-22, 06:27 AM   #98
Commander Wallace
Navy Seal

Downloads: 360

Quote:
You mean, the Ft. Buffalo massacre? The New England Militia, whilst on their winter offensive, were ambushed and wiped out by raiding parties of Mohawk, Seneca, and Iroquois Warriors. The Militia defense had set up winter camp, away from the main body of the army. The militia was wiped out and General Belicheck and the remnants of the force have withdrawn to New England.

There were a lot of " blowouts " in the NFL wildcard playoffs. The only one that didn't surprise me was the Pittsburgh Steelers and the Kansas City Chiefs. Mahomes looks like a field General out on the field. This leaves power houses, the Tennessee Titans will take on the Kansas City Chiefs in the AFC divisional game. It looks like it will be a great game. The Buffalo Bills and the Cincinnati Bengal game looks good as well.

Meanwhile, down south, the Gronkineers without the distraction that is Antonio Brown, just keeps " moving on up. "

Last edited by Commander Wallace; 01-17-22 at 06:39 AM.
Commander Wallace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-22, 03:18 PM   #99
August
Wayfaring Stranger

Downloads: 0

Quote:

Flanked by life and the funeral pyre. Putting on a show for you to see.
August is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-22, 11:43 PM   #100
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy

...and the 49ers take it from the Packers in the falling snow on Green Bay's outdoor frigid Lambeau Field: 13 -10 with a clock eating drive and a fieldgoal in the last seconds of the game to advance to the next rung of SuperBowl follies. Odds incl. Cold weather, fewer errors, and home turf advantage before adoring cheeseheads generally favored pregame GreenBay....when my beloved MN Vikes aren't in it, I go with the Bay area 'Niners...

"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human squirrelyness; and I'm not too sure about the Universe"
Old 01-23-22, 12:37 AM   #101
nikimcbee
Fleet Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aktungbby View Post
...and the 49ers take it from the Packers in the falling snow on Green Bay's outdoor frigid Lambeau Field: 13 -10 with a clock eating drive and a fieldgoal in the last seconds of the game to advance to the next rung of SuperBowl follies. Odds incl. Cold weather, fewer errors, and home turf advantage before adoring cheeseheads generally favored pregame GreenBay....when my beloved MN Vikes aren't in it, I go with the Bay area 'Niners...

Like a mammoth trap in a tarpit, te cheezheadz drown in the frozen fondue pit. Nothing beats a drunk, frozen cheezhead after a loss.
except for a stoned, wet, drunk, Ore-gone dux fan after a loss, but that's college and nobody cares.

I need to see who else is in the play-offs now.

@August, so how's all this newfound free time that you have, w/o a care about foosball? I'm thinking about a trip to Fall River some time, meet up for lunch?
Old 01-23-22, 11:39 AM   #102
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

In the Sunday paper: it is worth noting the Packer's QB Roger's has lost 4 playoff games to the Niners...a peculiar league record. The game in the driving snow was "old time football from a previous century". I'm awaiting the results of today's LA RamsTampa Buccaneers(Tom Brady QB'd) playoff game to see if it'll be a all-California NFC title game! A S.F. vs L.A.slugfest for the SuperBowl berth!! but ever mindful that real gentlemen play Rugby.

Old 01-24-22, 01:17 AM   #103
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Quote:
I'm awaiting the results of today's LA RamsTampa Buccaneers(Tom Brady QB'd) playoff game to see if it'll be a all-California NFC title game! A S.F. vs L.A.slugfest for the SuperBowl berth!!
Well... if I can conceive of it then it can happen!!? The Rams beat the Tampa Bucs and so it's an all-California NFL title match. All bets are off for this grudge match; but I'd lay down a small shekel that the Niners will get past LA for the SuperBowl berth. The AFL game 'twixt Kansas Chiefs and the Buffalo Bills was a real doozy; with both top QB's seriously struttin' their passing games to a 36 36 tie and into overtime for Kansas's victory. A brilliant evenly matched game by any standard!

Last edited by Aktungbby; 01-24-22 at 01:36 AM.
Old 01-24-22, 07:58 AM   #104
Commander Wallace
Navy Seal

Downloads: 360

Quote:
Well... if I can conceive of it then it can happen!!? The Rams beat the Tampa Bucs and so it's an all-California NFL title match. All bets are off for this grudge match; but I'd lay down a small shekel that the Niners will get past LA for the SuperBowl berth. The AFL game 'twixt Kansas Chiefs and the Buffalo Bills was a real doozy; with both top QB's seriously struttin' their passing games to a 36 36 tie and into overtime for Kansas's victory. A brilliant evenly matched game by any standard!

The Buffalo Bills and Kansas City Chiefs game was probably the best game I have seen, playoffs or otherwise in the last five years or better. I do think that the NFL will have to revisit the rules for overtime. The Buffalo Bills had their season decided on a coin flip.

I have no doubt that if Buffalo had won the coin flip, they would have marched down the field and scored first. Neither team showed they could stop the other teams offense. Quarterbacks Mahomes and Josh Allen really did put on a show.
Commander Wallace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-22, 07:58 AM   #105
Platapus
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 63

That Bills game last night was pretty exciting.

As I told The Frau, 13 seconds is a long time in Football.