Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > General > General Topics
Forget password? Reset here

Old 04-06-21, 01:05 PM   #1
Mr Quatro
Navy Seal

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

Default Official NFL Football thread for 2021-2022

I know it's only April, but the NFL draft is this month and the difference between 2020 NFL football and 2021 NFL football should be very interesting.

Starting off with the shocking news that all NFL stadiums will be open to the public.

Perhaps it's healthier and less expensive to stay home again this year.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/mor...?ocid=BingNews

New Study Finds Covid Spikes After N.F.L. Games With Fans

Quote:
Last week, Commissioner Roger Goodell said the league hoped to open all its stadiums at full capacity when the season kicks off in September.
Quote:
“All of us in the N.F.L. want to see every one of our fans back,” Goodell said in a conference call with reporters.

Yet new research submitted to the scientific journal The Lancet in late March suggested that there was a link between the games that had large numbers of fans in the stands and an increase in the number of infections in locales near the stadiums. The study, which is being peer reviewed, is one of the most comprehensive attempts to address the potential impact of fans at N.F.L. games.
or achievement

Lord help me get to the next plateau ..

Mr Quatro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-21, 09:33 PM   #2
CaptainHaplo
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 29

Goodell can say he wants his fans back, but its going to take more than open stadiums to make that happen. The NFL, like so many other things, has chosen to make political/social stances that satisfy some people and alienate others. Until for-profit "entertainment" decides to actually focus on entertainment rather than social or political commentary, it will continue to lose fans. Doesn't matter which direction it chooses to 'lean", if it can't focus on its product to the exclusion of everything else, its product will be sub-par.

Captain Haplo
CaptainHaplo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-21, 11:19 AM   #3
nikimcbee
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 90

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainHaplo View Post
Goodell can say he wants his fans back, but its going to take more than open stadiums to make that happen. The NFL, like so many other things, has chosen to make political/social stances that satisfy some people and alienate others. Until for-profit "entertainment" decides to actually focus on entertainment rather than social or political commentary, it will continue to lose fans. Doesn't matter which direction it chooses to 'lean", if it can't focus on its product to the exclusion of everything else, its product will be sub-par.
Agree 100% Hey Haplo, it's been ages.
Old 04-13-21, 12:44 PM   #4
Mr Quatro
Navy Seal

Quote:
Long time no see CaptainHaplo welcome back and yes this political stuff is getting old.

How can everyone think the same about football when it's one team against another.
or achievement

Old 04-16-21, 02:30 PM   #5
nikimcbee
Fleet Admiral

I love the un-happy QB rumors, with Wilson and Lunch-meat Rodgers. Rodgers isn't broken down enough for the Queens to go after him yet.
Old 04-16-21, 03:46 PM   #6
August
Wayfaring Stranger

Quote:

Well said and welcome back!

Flanked by life and the funeral pyre. Putting on a show for you to see.
August is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-21, 03:52 PM   #7
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 37

I hope the team I follow mostly will do better in the upcoming NFL season.

Markus

My little lovely female cat
mapuc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-21, 04:41 PM   #8
nikimcbee
Fleet Admiral

So August, now that I'm a tax-paying "Upstater", I believe I'm gerrymandered into Pats football fandom.
So what's Coach gunna do? Did he remember to save the receipt for Newton? Can we go full Soviet sports and "arrest" Brady and Gronk for unpaid pah-king tickets and have them work off the debt at the local football club?
Old 04-16-21, 04:43 PM   #9
nikimcbee
Fleet Admiral

...maybe that was a Russian mob thing?
Old 04-16-21, 04:57 PM   #10
August
Wayfaring Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikimcbee View Post
So August, now that I'm a tax-paying "Upstater", I believe I'm gerrymandered into Pats football fandom.
So what's Coach gunna do? Did he remember to save the receipt for Newton? Can we go full Soviet sports and "arrest" Brady and Gronk for unpaid pah-king tickets and have them work off the debt at the local football club?

Well my friend upstate New York is not part of New England but hey anyone can be a Patriots fan including my cousins kid from Cleveland who goes to school up in Buffalo. Her family are all big cheese heads even though they are from Indiana and her kid is a Patriots fan. Weird huh?

As to what Bill will do that has been the 64 thousand dollar question for the past two decades. The man has always been a sphinx when it comes to his intentions.

There are a lot of Cam Newton haters out there but I think he might still have some life in him yet. Compare his stats before and after his bout with covid and add to that he was stepping into a new system with no practice and no pre season and it's not surprising last season turned out as it did, especially with our rather severe lack of receiver talent. You might see a big improvement in him, if he returns as the starter but who knows?

Flanked by life and the funeral pyre. Putting on a show for you to see.
August is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-21, 05:36 PM   #11
ET2SN
ET2/SS

Downloads: 58

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikimcbee View Post
Never, ever, EVER try to figure out The Belichick or the entities that control him. Doing so could result in brain damage.

I'm almost looking forward to some good old Pat's football like the old Grogan days or even the old Bledsoe days, where the only thing that mattered was how bad they could look at the end of the season. It makes you appreciate the super bowls more.
ET2SN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-21, 10:00 AM   #12
Mr Quatro
Navy Seal

Quote:
Originally Posted by August View Post

There are a lot of Cam Newton haters out there but I think he might still have some life in him yet. Compare his stats before and after his bout with covid and add to that he was stepping into a new system with no practice and no pre season and it's not surprising last season turned out as it did, especially with our rather severe lack of receiver talent. You might see a big improvement in him, if he returns as the starter but who knows?
Cam Newton is a show boater ... He wants all of the glory. Notice how many times he likes to keep the ball and run with it.

Sometimes he wins and sometimes he looses ...

He looses more than he wins
or achievement

Old 04-29-21, 04:14 PM   #13
Commander Wallace
Navy Seal

Downloads: 360

Well, the NFL draft for 2021 is here. It's predicted New England and Washington will trade up for a franchise Quarterback. This draft seems to be deep in Corner backs, Running backs and Offensive lineman. Where do you think your favorite team should spend it's first few draft picks ?
Commander Wallace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-21, 05:17 PM   #14
nikimcbee
Fleet Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Commander Wallace View Post
Well, the NFL draft for 2021 is here. It's predicted New England and Washington will trade up for a franchise Quarterback. This draft seems to be deep in Corner backs, Running backs and Offensive lineman. Where do you think your favorite team should spend it's first few draft picks ?

You mean, who will draft the most "woke-approved" QB? The BYU QB is the same as a loaf of wonderbread, politically speaking. I think the viqueesn, to pay for MN's racist sins (dry heave), should get rid of Care Bears Cousins and get Russell Wilson.
Old 04-29-21, 05:20 PM   #15
nikimcbee
Fleet Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Quatro View Post
Cam Newton is a show boater ... He wants all of the glory. Notice how many times he likes to keep the ball and run with it.

Sometimes he wins and sometimes he looses ...

He looses more than he wins

To me, he comes off as a big cry baby, who loves the camera.