SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SHIII Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 03-26-10, 05:43 AM   #31
Gunnodayak
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Recce, i have the same problem, but it's OK, I will remain on 4:3 windowed mode.
Old 03-26-10, 07:42 AM   #32
Reece
CINC Pacific Fleet

Downloads: 171
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunnodayak View Post
Recce, i have the same problem, but it's OK, I will remain on 4:3 windowed mode.
Yes but that makes this mod redundant, you can't run this mod in a window, just reverts back to 1024x768, I am still trying to see if there is a third party application that might help, I don't use ATI's ccc, it's a pain in the butt, I use Tray tools but don't see any options there relating to this problem.

Sub captains go down with their ship!
Reece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-10, 04:55 PM   #33
Rubini
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 132

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reece View Post
Yes I am getting this, so at this stage I am having second thoughts to the whole thing, my ATI card has 2 HDMI connectors and the monitor is HDMI, so going backwards to a VGA cable (analog) is not an option, the only way out is to deliberately widen the screen to say 1500x768 (not that it can be done), but then the snapshots would be wide! Gee you can't win, I don't know what to suggest at this stage since we already have lost even higher resolutions and can't Alt-Tab out of the game to use mods like Anvart's Flags and Pennants. What to do?
Hi Reece,

The Seeadles´s dll works for me, very well, with analog (VGA) cable AND with HDMI cable, no differences.

I also use/have Anvart´s Flags and Pennants without need to alt+tab. They are always disposable using just in game key commands, working flawless. Why you need to alt tab to use them??
Old 03-27-10, 05:34 PM   #34
Seeadler
Pacific Aces Dev Team

Downloads: 169

ATI user have a problem with alt+tab, not only with SH3
http://forums.amd.com/game/messagevi...threadid=98660
Old 03-28-10, 08:24 AM   #35
Reece
CINC Pacific Fleet

Downloads: 171

@ Rubini, PM sent.
Hi Seeadler, the Alt-Tab problem is only with this new WS mod, normally SH3 with or without the old HiRes mod works fine no issue at all.
Any idea on how I can get rid of the vertical squashing, all attempts to change horz or vert frequency fail, just snaps back to default, even if I change settings to manual.
I am sure that the fix/problem lies with using analog/digital.

Sub captains go down with their ship!
Reece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-10, 06:55 PM   #36
Flopper
Weps

Downloads: 107

Would someone be kind enough to explain what the heck these numbers mean:

Mat 0=data/menu/data/insigne.tga
Crop 0=0,0,0.169922,0.330078
Mat 1=data/menu/data/insigne.tga
Crop 1=0.170898,0,0.169922,0.330078
Mat 2=data/menu/data/insigne.tga

The load times are killing me for trial and error.

Flopper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-10, 07:43 PM   #37
Rubini
Ocean Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flopper View Post
Would someone be kind enough to explain what the heck these numbers mean:

Mat 0=data/menu/data/insigne.tga
Crop 0=0,0,0.169922,0.330078
Mat 1=data/menu/data/insigne.tga
Crop 1=0.170898,0,0.169922,0.330078
Mat 2=data/menu/data/insigne.tga

The load times are killing me for trial and error.
I´m not a expert on menu_1024, but "Mat" refer to the tgas used by this item, "Crop" is the size/position/part of that material that will appears on the screen.

By the way, why long loading times? Just use empties campaign files, enable them with JSGME and you will have much more short loading times. Perfect for mod work.
Old 03-31-10, 06:00 AM   #38
Flopper
Weps

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubini View Post
I´m not a expert on menu_1024, but "Mat" refer to the tgas used by this item, "Crop" is the size/position/part of that material that will appears on the screen.

By the way, why long loading times? Just use empties campaign files, enable them with JSGME and you will have much more short loading times. Perfect for mod work.
Thanks, Rubini! I downloaded the blank campaign file from the downloads section. I noticed it was way faster than loading a normal campaign, but it seems like it's about the same time as loading a training mission, which is what I have been doing. It's still a painful wait, and seems like how I spend most of my "modding" time... waiting for loads! Am I doing something wrong?

Old 04-01-10, 12:06 AM   #39
supposedtobeworking
XO

Downloads: 59

The mod works on mine for the most part-only bug I can see is that in the navmap and crew management screens, the portion on the right side of the screen retains the background of whatever station I was previously at and when I move my mouse over that area, the screen "screenshots" it's position constantly making a trail of mouse pointers behind where I move the mouse - fortunately it does not interfere with the part of the screen on the left where the station controls are. Using Windows 7 64 bit with
GWX3,
das boot clothes,
TMT v2
Water Exhaust mod
Officer hat mod

I am using a 18" widescreen monitor with 1366x768 native res, and not 1360x768--could this be the problem??

Any thoughts?

Eagerly awaiting a version compatible with OLC Gui with the manual targeting tools in the periscope!!! Any way to manually do this on my own now, or would it be overly complicated?
supposedtobeworking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-10, 08:25 AM   #40
Rubini
Ocean Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by supposedtobeworking View Post
The mod works on mine for the most part-only bug I can see is that in the navmap and crew management screens, the portion on the right side of the screen retains the background of whatever station I was previously at and when I move my mouse over that area, the screen "screenshots" it's position constantly making a trail of mouse pointers behind where I move the mouse - fortunately it does not interfere with the part of the screen on the left where the station controls are. Using Windows 7 64 bit with
GWX3,
das boot clothes,
TMT v2
Water Exhaust mod
Officer hat mod

I am using a 18" widescreen monitor with 1366x768 native res, and not 1360x768--could this be the problem??

Any thoughts?

Eagerly awaiting a version compatible with OLC Gui with the manual targeting tools in the periscope!!! Any way to manually do this on my own now, or would it be overly complicated?
Glad to know that is working ok for you. The mouse trail exist in any window (in game) that don't have added a new tga to the right side. But as you said this don't affect the game in any way, this is why i left it behind. (just a note: it's not on navmap, but in Message, Orders, Briefing pages, etc). Let's wait that others modders with more complete GUIs make new big TGAs for these pages and it's done.
And 1366 is just fine, don't affect anything.
Old 04-01-10, 01:04 PM   #41
supposedtobeworking
XO

okay, by the way thanks for your work on this! I'll just hang around and wait for the time when the other mods I use (like FM New Interior and OLC GUI/Env) become compatible with the widescreen mods.
supposedtobeworking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-10, 06:25 AM   #42
MG Mike
Bosun

Hello,

really great work guys,

a "must have" Mod for all Widescreen users.

But what´s about the mods "Living Silent Hunter" or war ace campaign ?

For those mods the actual mod would not fit.

Does the Widescreen mod comes for WAC or LSH ?

that would be really great !

regards
MG Mike

PS: sorry there may be wrong grammar or something. my english is not very good.
MG Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-10, 11:03 PM   #43
Ark
Samurai Navy

Downloads: 95

How does this mod work for panels without a native res. of XXXX x 768?

My panels native res. is 2560x1600. Am I pretty much out of luck?

Anything outside of native res. on my panel looks really poor.
Asus P6T Deluxe mobo
Core i7 920 @ 3.8ghz
6GB G.Skill DDR3 1600
Evga GTX 285 SSC
SB X-FI Fatality
640GB WD "Black"
Dell 3007WFP-HC 30" LCD / Acer 23" H233H
Ark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-10, 09:45 AM   #44
MG Mike
Bosun

The res. must be 1360 x 768 ! otherwise the game would not start. My original res is 1440 x 900 and with it the game crashed just after the intro-movies with error message:

"could not initialize 3d engine"

So I had to change my res from 1440 x 900 to 1360 x 768. after that it works

but unfortunately not compatible with mods like "Living Silent Hunter" or "War Ace Campaign"

I wonder why there are own files "cameras.dat" and "commands.cfg" For what are they important ?

mods like Fms interieurs are useless without free cam.

regards
MG Mike
MG Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-10, 01:49 PM   #45
Flopper
Weps

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubini View Post
Glad to know that is working ok for you. The mouse trail exist in any window (in game) that don't have added a new tga to the right side. But as you said this don't affect the game in any way, this is why i left it behind. (just a note: it's not on navmap, but in Message, Orders, Briefing pages, etc). Let's wait that others modders with more complete GUIs make new big TGAs for these pages and it's done.
And 1366 is just fine, don't affect anything.
Trying to get widescreen for a version of Magui 3. Following the instructions that came with the widescreen mod, it took me 5 or 10 minutes to add the black background to the right side of:

UZO
Attack Scope
Deck Gun Zoom
Nav map
Attack map

Yay! But it absolutely will not work under any circumstances for me for the obs scope, and I probably have 6 - 8 hours trying. Everything is correct, but it will not render a background. Any clue as to why this could be happening? The image exists, correct path, numbered correctly, and it's the exact text (other than the numbers in the brackets) from the gwx widescreen mod itself (which will render that background if I run that mod).