SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Modern-Era Subsims > Dangerous Waters > DW Mod Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 07-03-09, 01:47 PM   #211
PeriscopeDepth
Sea Lord

Downloads: 6
Uploads: 0

Please do keep the reports coming as time allows Castout, it looks great!

Castout is testing a beta version that is not going to be distributed and is the most current. It looks like it will be released fairly soon though. Less than two months is my WAG.

PD
PeriscopeDepth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-09, 01:19 PM   #212
cj95
Lieutenant

Downloads: 141

Happy Fourth of July.

Been fooling around with the Trafalgar sub....beautiful...simply beautiful.

I am aware of the issue with the TIgerfish, but am wondering about the Spearfish.

While dueling with an Akula I, my opponent dropped to 1600 feet or so, and despite having an excellent fix on him, I could not get my torpedoes to reach him.

Every time I enable my seeker head, the SPearfish rocketed up to about 100 feet or so an thus completely missed him.

I suppose I could reset for a deeper search pattern, but what happens when he comes up too far? Any way of reprogramming depth on the fly, or how about simply preventing the torp from rocketing upwards every time I enable it?

All this said I realize this is a BETA and am not complaining in the slightest. Awesome job guys!

>> USS TEXAS BB-35 Restoration CrewMember <<
cj95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-09, 01:35 PM   #213
goldorak
Admiral

Downloads: 0

cj95 : I suppose you're using the old version of RA.
The behaviour you describe I haven't noticed it in the latest beta.
Once the Spearfish locks on, wether the enemy sub goes above or below the layer is irrelevant. The torpedo continues to follow its prey.
goldorak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-09, 05:26 PM   #214
Castout
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 89
Uploads: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deisel Submarine View Post
Is the RA MOD that every one keeps talking about is it the Beata version download on page1 of this thread?
No it's a newer beta. But it's intended for personal use so I or anybody can't distribute it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by :FI:Rabitski View Post
Could well have been a fault when I installed the thing in the first place, I'm not the best @ installing mod's by hand, so I'm sure i messed it up.

Castout can you gives us a ball park on "Soon enough". Enough for me is tomorrow or within the month (July) not that it matters I'll wait one way or the other
I'm sorry I can't give you release date estimate because I don't know that really. I personally would like this mod to be released ASAP so that I could play MP with you guys.
Old 07-05-09, 02:51 AM   #215
Fleet Command CC
Engineer

Downloads: 15
Uploads: 3

Quote:
Could well have been a fault when I installed the thing in the first place, I'm not the best @ installing mod's by hand, so I'm sure i messed it up.
FI:Rabitski

The Tigerfish problem is to do with the Doctrine file I have check it out. If you would like to fix it yourself follow this below.

NOTE: This is only a quick fix to just to get the Tigerfish working.

Load the DWEdit.exe,

Click View and then Object Dialog.

Go down the Object records and till you come to,

0539: Tigerfish Trp [User]

Double left click on it.

Look for Default Doctrine change Torp_USER to torpedo.

Then click Apply then save and close all window.

This should make the Tigerfish work for you, if you follow the above, well it works for me give it a try and see.

Do it at your own risk.

ASrock 4Core1600P35-Wifi, Intel Core 2 Extreme X6800 2.93GHz, 4GB OCZ PC2-6400 ATI CrossFire Edition, Sapphire 2600XT 256MB GDDR4 PCI-E, 500GB Sansumg SATAII HDD 16MB Cache, XP
Fleet Command CC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-09, 03:19 AM   #216
Fleet Command CC
Engineer

Quote:
Hi im new to fourums and i dont know where this RA mod that every one posted about is please send me the link to the download thanks.
Deisel Submarine.

Here are the download links for the BETA version of the Reinforce Alert mod,

http://www.subguru.com/RA_OPFOR_PACK.rar

http://www.subguru.com/error_fix_ra-opfor-pack.rar

I'm not sure how old this one is, but its the one I'm using.

ASrock 4Core1600P35-Wifi, Intel Core 2 Extreme X6800 2.93GHz, 4GB OCZ PC2-6400 ATI CrossFire Edition, Sapphire 2600XT 256MB GDDR4 PCI-E, 500GB Sansumg SATAII HDD 16MB Cache, XP
Old 07-05-09, 05:06 AM   #217
cj95
Lieutenant

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldorak View Post
cj95 : I suppose you're using the old version of RA.
The behaviour you describe I haven't noticed it in the latest beta.
Once the Spearfish locks on, wether the enemy sub goes above or below the layer is irrelevant. The torpedo continues to follow its prey.

Ok, fair enough.

So how many versions of the Beta are there?

1 The old version on page-1, that apparently has the problems with the Spearfish.

2-The limited release Beta that ony a few people have.

3- Is there another step iun between them that has corrections to the Spearfish and other things?

If so...where is it?

Old 07-05-09, 05:16 AM   #218
goldorak
Admiral

Downloads: 0

As Castout already explained, the latest version of RA is not distributed in the large, only some people have it for beta testing purposes before a general public release.
When that will happen is anyone's guess though.

The most up to date public version of RA is available on subguru's website, and its the one you have.
It is already several months old, and has as you noticed many bugs but it is the only version publicly available.

There is no other version available.
goldorak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-09, 07:04 AM   #219
:FI:Rabitski
Mate

Downloads: 26

Thank's for all the advise guy's. I had to replace my motherboard last week, as a result I lost the install of the game that I was useing. I bought a new copy of DW, I've downloaded the patch now I'll hold off untill the latest Beta is opened up for the general public, this way I can be sure there are no conflicts. Again thank you all.
:FI:Rabitski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-09, 10:20 AM   #220
Hawk66
Samurai Navy

Downloads: 36

Is EW somehow modelled in RA? (just had a look at the AEWplane doctrine). My understanding was that EW/jammers couldn't be modelled in DW?
Hawk66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-09, 11:09 AM   #221
cj95
Lieutenant

Thats fine.

Im not complaining at all, just wanted to make sure.

I'll continue playing with my LA flt I goodness in the meantime.

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldorak View Post
As Castout already explained, the latest version of RA is not distributed in the large, only some people have it for beta testing purposes before a general public release.
When that will happen is anyone's guess though.

The most up to date public version of RA is available on subguru's website, and its the one you have.
It is already several months old, and has as you noticed many bugs but it is the only version publicly available.

There is no other version available.

Old 07-05-09, 12:05 PM   #222
Deisel Submarine
Watch

Downloads: 6

Thanks very much for your reply Everyone its a shame that Ra mod is for Personel Use hopefuly they will come out with a better one some time soon.

unfortuantly that is the same Ra mod ive been using but thanks any way Fleet Command CC for the download links.

Last edited by Deisel Submarine; 07-05-09 at 12:26 PM.
Deisel Submarine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-09, 08:17 AM   #223
:FI:Rabitski
Mate

Downloads: 26

I re-installed DW, patched it and installed RA, I followed all the instructions. But when I tryed to run the game the start up splash screen comes up fine, but the next screen where you can select mission editor, single mission and all that is messed up. It looks like the sceens are over laying on top of each other and the screen is flickering. I can go and pick a mission by clicking randomly around the screen put it's pure luck what I end up in, if I do so the mission itself works fine. Any ideas whats going on here? or how I can fix it?
:FI:Rabitski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-09, 10:35 AM   #224
Fleet Command CC
Engineer

Quote:
Thanks very much for your reply Everyone its a shame that Ra mod is for Personel Use hopefuly they will come out with a better one some time soon.

unfortuantly that is the same Ra mod ive been using but thanks any way Fleet Command CC for the download links.
Hello Deisel Submarine

I've ask CrazyIvan when the new mod will be available and he said,

Quote:
Already in a final stage of test.
so it shouldn't to long lets hope.

Old 07-06-09, 10:48 AM   #225
Fleet Command CC
Engineer

Quote:
I re-installed DW, patched it and installed RA, I followed all the instructions. But when I tryed to run the game the start up splash screen comes up fine, but the next screen where you can select mission editor, single mission and all that is messed up. It looks like the sceens are over laying on top of each other and the screen is flickering. I can go and pick a mission by clicking randomly around the screen put it's pure luck what I end up in, if I do so the mission itself works fine. Any ideas whats going on here? or how I can fix it?
Hey FI:Rabitski

The only thing I think you can do is un-install and delete the Dangerous Waters folder, and then reinstall DW then try the RA mod again.

I would recommend backup the DW folder before trying the RA mod again.

For example I have got five DW folders in the common folder (Note I've got the Steam Version of DW),

Original - Dangerous Waters Backup

My Mods - Dangerous Waters

Reinforce Alert - Dangerous Waters

Alfa Tau 3 - Dangerous Waters

dangerous waters

Whichever one I want to play I just name the folder to dangerous waters it works great, for me I do this with most of my games.

Tags
reinforce alert