SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH4 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 07-27-16, 03:31 PM   #931
max-peck
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 393
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapnScurvy View Post
As has already been reported, the Rudder Dial provides a speech phrase "Rudder Zero" when striking the rudder amidships position. On the other hand, the Keyboard "Rudder Amidships" key (') gives you just "Rudder" on the key stroke.
Ah - that would explain the difference between what I am hearing and what the others are hearing

Quote:
I'm working on putting in the phrase "Rudder Amidships". Had to make a new speech phrase, there isn't a "Rudder Amidships" phrase in the game. I'll be testing it....should work when the key is struck.
Good news - glad to hear it

--------------------------------------------------
Authority should derive from the consent of the governed, not from the threat of force

If the only tool you have is a hammer, pretty soon everything starts to look like a nail

FOTRS Ultimate
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=226270
The future of SH4 - coming to a PC near you soon
max-peck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-16, 05:07 PM   #932
max-peck
Grey Wolf

Battlestations Battlestations , all hands man your Battlestations

800 Razz Dazz FOTRSU v0.3 is now available from
̶T̶h̶e̶ ̶P̶e̶o̶p̶l̶e̶s̶ ̶D̶e̶m̶o̶c̶r̶a̶t̶i̶c̶ ̶R̶e̶p̶u̶b̶l̶i̶c̶ ̶o̶f̶ ̶N̶a̶r̶n̶i̶a̶
I mean the secret Google Drive Thingy

I know I said it would take me until the end of the weekend, but in my defence I think like Scotty from Star Trek

Any Trekkies here will understand the following exchange between Scotty and Geordie

Geordie - "I told the Captain I would have this diagnostic done in an hour."
Scotty - "And how long will it really take you?"
Geordie - "An hour!"
Scotty - "Oh, you didn't tell him how long it would really take, did you?"
Geordie - "Of course I did."
Scotty - "Oh, laddie, you have a lot to learn if you want people to think of you as a miracle worker."

v0.3 has 10 skins for all the troopships, tankers, and replenishment ships, plus 7 of the 19 freighters in FOTRSU

Please download and let me know if anything is missing

If you see a plain black Civ skin after end 1942 I have FUBARED the roster file
If youy see a Grey Dazzle Camo Before June 42 I have FUBARED the roster file
If you see anything green before Jan 1943 I have FUBARED the roster file

If any of the above happen please let me know, and I will fix

Authority should derive from the consent of the governed, not from the threat of force

If the only tool you have is a hammer, pretty soon everything starts to look like a nail

FOTRS Ultimate
Old 07-27-16, 05:13 PM   #933
fitzcarraldo
Argentinian Skipper

Downloads: 3215

Respect the slow-motion SH4: I noted, with FOTRS, TMO and RFB, the antilag dll produces these "slowness" in the game. I have normally 60 FPS in SH4 modded; I left the game "playing itself" for five hours and the FPS drops to 22, without visible cause (open seas, no traffic). I disabled the antilag dll and tried the same experiment. Five hours SH4 playing itself, two tests, and no slowness, ever 60 FPS. Now I don´t use the antilag dll. I have W10, SH4 FOTRSU works fine). I use my own sound mod based on Poul's sounds and Pacific Sounds mods.

A question to CapnScurvy: Is there some possibility for a complete OTC for FOTRSU? I only have the periscope, UZO, binos, the cameras.dat, and the new interiors, but not the other stuff present in OTC for TMO and others.

Best regards and good job. I continue to test FOTRSU.

Fitzcarraldo

My subject is War, and the pity of War. The Poetry is in the pity - Wilfred Owen.
fitzcarraldo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-16, 05:49 PM   #934
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 439
Uploads: 2

Quote:
... On the other hand, the Keyboard "Rudder Amidships" key (') gives you just "Rudder" on the key stroke. I can see why......I'm working on putting in the phrase "Rudder Amidships"...
CapnScurvy sir, you are a genius! 'Course, familiarity helps, but still... genious... Wait - ain't you the guy with the Einstein marker by your avatar?...

Quote:
Originally Posted by fitzcarraldo View Post
Respect the slow-motion SH4: I noted, with FOTRS, TMO and RFB, the antilag dll produces these "slowness" in the game. I have normally 60 FPS in SH4 modded; I left the game "playing itself" for five hours and the FPS drops to 22, without visible cause (open seas, no traffic). I disabled the antilag dll and tried the same experiment. Five hours SH4 playing itself, two tests, and no slowness, ever 60 FPS. Now I don´t use the antilag dll. I have W10, SH4 FOTRSU works fine).
I remember reading about that here or elsewhere quite a while ago now fitzcarraldo. Is it for the slower computers? I don't recall the details. How is it disabled? Settings screen? Delete key?... thank you.

Edit: wow, got rid of that "Sheldon" look of the medic... whew! Now I've got me a perfectly coifed 'doo for the dude...

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna

Last edited by propbeanie; 07-27-16 at 05:51 PM. Reason: Avatar change!
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-16, 06:44 PM   #935
cdrsubron7
Sink'em All

Downloads: 305
Uploads: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by max-peck View Post
Battlestations Battlestations , all hands man your Battlestations

800 Razz Dazz FOTRSU v0.3 is now available from
̶T̶h̶e̶ ̶P̶e̶o̶p̶l̶e̶s̶ ̶D̶e̶m̶o̶c̶r̶a̶t̶i̶c̶ ̶R̶e̶p̶u̶b̶l̶i̶c̶ ̶o̶f̶ ̶N̶a̶r̶n̶i̶a̶
I mean the secret Google Drive Thingy

I know I said it would take me until the end of the weekend, but in my defence I think like Scotty from Star Trek

Any Trekkies here will understand the following exchange between Scotty and Geordie

Geordie - "I told the Captain I would have this diagnostic done in an hour."
Scotty - "And how long will it really take you?"
Geordie - "An hour!"
Scotty - "Oh, you didn't tell him how long it would really take, did you?"
Geordie - "Of course I did."
Scotty - "Oh, laddie, you have a lot to learn if you want people to think of you as a miracle worker."

v0.3 has 10 skins for all the troopships, tankers, and replenishment ships, plus 7 of the 19 freighters in FOTRSU

Please download and let me know if anything is missing

If you see a plain black Civ skin after end 1942 I have FUBARED the roster file
If youy see a Grey Dazzle Camo Before June 42 I have FUBARED the roster file
If you see anything green before Jan 1943 I have FUBARED the roster file

If any of the above happen please let me know, and I will fix
Will d/l tonight after I get home from work. Nice work as always, max.

Head Deep and Keep'em Astern" - LtCDR Samuel D Dealy
SHIV Guide | Imperial Japanese Navy | US Submarines

cdrsubron7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-16, 07:10 PM   #936
fitzcarraldo
Argentinian Skipper

Quote:
Originally Posted by propbeanie View Post
CapnScurvy sir, you are a genius! 'Course, familiarity helps, but still... genious... Wait - ain't you the guy with the Einstein marker by your avatar?...

I remember reading about that here or elsewhere quite a while ago now fitzcarraldo. Is it for the slower computers? I don't recall the details. How is it disabled? Settings screen? Delete key?... thank you.

Edit: wow, got rid of that "Sheldon" look of the medic... whew! Now I've got me a perfectly coifed 'doo for the dude...
It is a mod. Disable with JSGME. It put two files in your main SH4 directory: a dll, and a cfg file.

Regards.

Fitzcarraldo

My subject is War, and the pity of War. The Poetry is in the pity - Wilfred Owen.
Old 07-27-16, 10:35 PM   #937
fitzcarraldo
Argentinian Skipper

Max:

I didn't see any fubared roster ship in my tests. All works very well. The dazzle merchants are awesome. Good job!
I have the VonDos Titanic in FOTRSU. I would to see it with an skin of HMSA Britannic Hospital ship...This is a request...

Many thanks and best regards.

Fitzcarraldo

Old 07-27-16, 11:55 PM   #938
Diablo2
Mate

Downloads: 85

You're all doing Gods work. Ill be monitoring this closely, hit me up if you need another alpha/beta tester.
Diablo2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-16, 12:20 AM   #939
cdrsubron7
Sink'em All

Quote:
Max:

I didn't see any fubared roster ship in my tests. All works very well. The dazzle merchants are awesome. Good job!
I have the VonDos Titanic in FOTRSU. I would to see it with an skin of HMSA Britannic Hospital ship...This is a request...

Fitzcarraldo

Same here, max. Noticed no irregularities. Everything looks great.

Bravo Zulu, Sir!

Old 07-28-16, 04:22 AM   #940
max-peck
Grey Wolf

Quote:
Max:

Fitzcarraldo
I will happily give it a go Fitz

Can you PM me the Ship folder, and also the roster.cfg for the ship?

FOTRS Ultimate
Old 07-28-16, 12:09 PM   #941
Rockin Robbins
Navy Seal

Downloads: 135
Uploads: 52

Okay last night I was in the S-boat minding my own business in the hydrophone room. I like to do fine directional control with the scroll wheel, but the scroll wheel was also doing a binocular-like change of magnification with the camera! I was zooming in and out driving myself crazy because at higher magnification I could only see part of the sonar, not including the send range to TDC button.

Anybody else dealing with this? CapnScurvy can we eliminate this?

I know you can do the same thing with page up/page down, but I've always liked using the scroll wheel for fine adjustment. The zoom "feature" makes this really irritating.
Rockin Robbins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-16, 12:48 PM   #942
cdrsubron7
Sink'em All

Hey Guys

I've had a discussion with Florida Sailor about this lag problem that seems to crop up in FOTRS every once in awhile. He says he knows what is happening. According to FS, what happens is when ships begin to spawn for a particular group that the spawning keeps looping adding more ships than the game engine can cope with, hence the bad game lag that occurs. I'm surprised that none of you have run across it before. The problem seems to crop up more in the latter war years like '44 and '45. Although I did have it happen to me off the Gulf Of Thailand (Siam in the war) early in '42. As you're testing things for the parts of the game, please keep an eye open for this (you can hardly miss it). I've talked with RR and he wants to see if it can be solved and rectified without having to go to Plan B. Yes, there is a Plan B in the works.

Tis particular problem is one I've encountered many times over the years when playing v1.3 of FOTRS. Hopefully it's something that we can fix.

Last edited by cdrsubron7; 07-28-16 at 01:05 PM.
Old 07-28-16, 04:45 PM   #943
CapnScurvy
Admiral

Downloads: 474
Uploads: 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by RR
I like to do fine directional control with the scroll wheel, but the scroll wheel was also doing a binocular-like change of magnification.

Anybody else dealing with this? CapnScurvy can we eliminate this?
I'll remove it in the next upload.

The HMS Shannon vs. USS Chesapeake outside Boston Harbor June 1, 1813

USS Chesapeake Captain James Lawrence lay mortally wounded...
Quote:
.."tell the men to fire faster, fight 'till she sinks,..boys don't give up the ship!"
CapnScurvy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-16, 05:19 PM   #944
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 439
Uploads: 2

Anybody need anything afore I go? I'm about to leave on my first "real" patrol in Fall of the Rising Sun Ultimate beta.1, and I expect to be gone a good little while. We'll do the usual shake-down on the way to Midway and then while we traverse the open sea to Sofu Gan, since we're expecting our first patrol to be off Honshu, but you never know... Radar contacts, crash dives, all that, will be watched closely. I will most likely be an overly-cautious skipper, since the dirty-dog DDs are a bit wilier than what I've been accustomed to the last couple of years...

I might run two concurrent patrols in two installs, using MultiSH of course, with the 2nd one starting in late '43 or so. However, I do have a bunch of cdsubron7 Single Missions to evaluate also, which are definitely more fun than any ole boring patrol, especially with all the wonderful skinning that max-peck has done. It's also difficult to tear oneself away from the chart table and/or the sonar and radar screens with CapnScurvy's beautiful re-fit of the inside of the boats... but then, the periscope is such a "sight" to behold, that ya just feel, feel the need, to go SINK something, maybe watch it blow-up into a HUGE fireball... boo-ah-ha-ha-ha-ha!!!

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-16, 05:22 PM   #945
cdrsubron7
Sink'em All

Quote:
Originally Posted by propbeanie View Post
Anybody need anything afore I go? I'm about to leave on my first "real" patrol in Fall of the Rising Sun Ultimate beta.1, and I expect to be gone a good little while. We'll do the usual shake-down on the way to Midway and then while we traverse the open sea to Sofu Gan, since we're expecting our first patrol to be off Honshu, but you never know... Radar contacts, crash dives, all that, will be watched closely. I will most likely be an overly-cautious skipper, since the dirty-dog DDs are a bit wilier than what I've been accustomed to the last couple of years...

I might run two concurrent patrols in two installs, using MultiSH of course, with the 2nd one starting in late '43 or so. However, I do have a bunch of cdsubron7 Single Missions to evaluate also, which are definitely more fun than any ole boring patrol, especially with all the wonderful skinning that max-peck has done.

What patrol area were you assigned, pb?