SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH4 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 11-04-16, 06:11 PM   #2476
Rockin Robbins
Navy Seal

Downloads: 135
Uploads: 52

Quote:
Originally Posted by s7rikeback View Post
Sorry, I cannot get tinypic to load.

I have downloaded the new v0.27

But in the Museum Roster:

As you can see, the missions files are in the wrong folders.
I don't see how that can even happen! I pulled those folders out of the Data directory, replaced them with the folders from propbeanie's CleanBv27Campaign folder. How could that mess up the museum causing it to show those folders?

Let me load it up and see what I get. I just restored pristeen files so I won't have any mod soup. Grrrrrrr!

It's in mine too. Works fine otherwise. But the nly missions I see in the menu are the stock ones. S7rikeback, can you fix it in a timely manner? When you have it fixed, delete the mod from the Area 51 and substutute yours, then alert me so I can send it everywhere it needs to go. Also have a report that "All seemed well until I started a campaign -- then a lot of error messages appeared regarding missing graphics for the recognition manual." sounds like part of the same problem.

Last edited by Rockin Robbins; 11-04-16 at 06:44 PM.
Rockin Robbins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-16, 07:02 PM   #2477
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 439
Uploads: 2

Well, looking through the mod Data/ folders, that looks fine... As for the mod, I'm looking at the Support folder, and cdrsubron7's notes from 10/28/16, mine from 11/0/16... Looking at what i posted, it ~looks~ OK from here... Hopefully I didn't do something to the zip archive... OH! Be absolutely sure that you've got a "RR approved clean install", as documented on SubSim... where is that confounded link now?... As for there only being some of the "Stock" missions (re-worked for CapnScurvy's planes) is that I put cdrsubron7's files in a separate folder for him to double-check, and the AOTD team files are in another, but both of those sets should be in that "InspectionAndExchange" folder. As far as I could tell on my machine, the AOTD ones should work, as well as cdrsubron7's, but I wanted cdrsubron7 to be able to check 'em out before they went "public" in the "CapnScurvy's Planes" form... I'm almost finished with putting this version of the mod on the dual-core here, and I'll be on the quad here in about an hour...

One of the reasons it took me a bit with the Campaign was that I put the Type= calls for 18 and 19 ships (for CapnScurvy's planes) back in, so if a Naka was called for, it asked for a Type=18 ship. The GENERIC calls will bring in the non-floatie planes, since they (the GENERIC calls) are also based on Type= calls. Now, if a person wanted, we could have GENERIC Type 18 & 19 also. They are in the game now, and we'd just have to ask for a Type= plane, but not "Name=" it.

Edit 2027 hours: OK, behind the game as it "plays" is a series of Windows error messages: "File not found data\menu\gui\RecManual\" and then either of these: "CouFlagCampaigns.dds" or CouFlagMultiMissions.dds or ...SingleMissions.dds or ...SinglePatrols.dds or ...SubmarineSchool.dds, which I don't know if that's why s7rikeback can see the folders listed in the Museum? But it would explain why the RecManual use crashed you out... However, I loaded one of my test missions, and I'm missing a BBIse, which is the most basic of the basic ships in stock, and when I shot at the Taiho, at impact of the first torpedo, CTD... so there's something else going on in there... maybe...

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna

Last edited by propbeanie; 11-04-16 at 07:31 PM.
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-16, 07:39 PM   #2478
propbeanie

... wrong...

Thought I had found something, but alas, I can't see... In the meantime, it takes the poor thing ~forever~ to load, and then it takes a Single Mission ~forever~ to load... and it takes a Patrol in the Campaign ~forever~ to load. It seems to run just fine though, until you try to use the RecManual, or shoot too accurately at a ship...

Last edited by propbeanie; 11-04-16 at 07:47 PM.
Old 11-04-16, 09:42 PM   #2479
propbeanie

Quote:
Originally Posted by propbeanie View Post
... Edit 2027 hours: OK, behind the game as it "plays" is a series of Windows error messages: "File not found data\menu\gui\RecManual\" and then either of these: "CouFlagCampaigns.dds" or CouFlagMultiMissions.dds or ...SingleMissions.dds or ...SinglePatrols.dds or ...SubmarineSchool.dds, which I don't know if that's why s7rikeback can see the folders listed in the Museum?...
So the game hasn't "crashed", it's just waiting on user input with those error messages... That's not to say it's OK having that happen, but that if you can use your Windows key, get to the desktop and close all those boxes (they'll keep popping up), then go back to the game, all seems well... sort of. Just don't juse the Recognition Manual in the game... All we gotta do now, is figure out why...

I was going to post a screenie of the "Old Fast Merchant" chugging across my screen with the Recognition Manual open to its page, but alas, shtinking Photobucket is down ~again~ - ostensibly for maintenance, but that happens so often, it's a little difficult to believe...

Edit 2255: OK folks, RR is probably fixing the download now, but look in your Data / Roster folder, and you should see a "repeat" of the Campaigns, MultiMissions, SingleMissions, SinglePatrols, and SubmarineSchool folders, fully populated and all. Just move them out of there, and the RecMan works OK... Don't delete them, just move them somewhere out of the game folder for now. We'll have to see if those are the new folders, or the old ones, or just copies of what's already there in the "root" of Data.

Edit 2300:Those are just copies of what's already in there. You should be safe to delete the files outright...

Last edited by propbeanie; 11-04-16 at 09:59 PM. Reason: shtinking foto-bukket = Issue Found = delet 'em
Old 11-04-16, 10:53 PM   #2480
propbeanie

Oooohhhh... very nice job s7rikeback... get rid of those extra folders in the Roster folder, and play - er - test, yeah, that's it... ~test~... Test away, maties!

There's still going to be the Single Mission files in your folder from whatever you had installed previously, and those may not work too well, but if you use one of the SSM files, which you can't see that from the menu... we'll have to change that... but if you manage to find one of the one's optimized for FotRSU, it is way cool. I just did the SSM02 Palawan Passage and started a career out of Midway, but gotta re-charge my batteries...

Old 11-05-16, 07:13 AM   #2481
Rockin Robbins
Navy Seal

Okay. For real this time........no. I said that last time. This time I really mean it! 100_FalloftheRisingSun_Ultimate_v0.28_Beta_EN is now available at the supersecret Area 51 radioactive files repository.

Beta testers, and welcome to our new beta tester, Newinger, who is getting a full dose of uncharacteristic (?) FOTRS Ultimate Team klutziness! Beta testers will have the new link in a couple minutes.

For the technically curious, the mission files and sub school were in the correct places. Unfortunately, copies were also inside the Roster directory, where the Museum lives. This version is courtesy of S7rikeback sifting through a couple hundred ships, one at a time and correcting errors, including 200 IN THE STOCK GAME. That is responsible for v.027 and v0.28 loading in less than half the time and much lower memory use. We still recommend applying the Large Address Aware Patch.

Enjoy everybody. It's been a hectic week for us.
Old 11-05-16, 09:49 AM   #2482
Sniper450
Officer

Downloads: 177
Uploads: 0
Default Great Job!

Way to go gentlemen! We appreciate all that you are doing for the community!
Sniper450 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-16, 09:57 AM   #2483
propbeanie

As a bit of a heads-up for hardware "limitations", my little computer is home-built, with an Intel Core 2 Duo E4400 Conroe 2.00GHZ cpu, an Asrock 775i65G r3.0 AGP motherboard (not exactly the best of anything), has 2 x G.Skill 1GB 184-Pin DDR SDRAM DDR 400 (PC 3200) CL2.5 sticks (oooohhh...), and a blindingly slow ATI All-In-Wonder 128 Pro video card, and it runs the game. I do have the video graphics details turned down, and if I run into a lot of ships, the poor thing will slow to a crawl and only do 9-12 fps, but I can use it for testing of things.

The one thing I ~have~ to do, without fail, is avoid the interior of the boat. If I go into the interior - which is the "default" view when you first start a game - it will drop *way* slow on the fps, probably to less that 1 frame a second. The first few times I ran the game with CapnScurvy's interior work, I thought it had frozen. But when the interior first comes up, I hit the F3 key to get to the periscope view, or the F5 for the Chart Room. Everything is fine once there.

Now, this is ~MY~ machine. Yours may be different. I do NOT recommend playing with hardware like this... A better video card is definitely recommended first. Something from this century for certain, and preferably something from this decade... Second would be to increase the RAM, which my mobo is maxed-out at 2gig. I'd say 4 gig is the recommended minimum, and as RR says, use the LAA enabler on the SH4.exe file. Of course, as usual, the more muscle you can give the cpu, the better. Let's say a dual-core at 2.4gHz, maybe even higher. My quad-core Core 2 Quad Q8300 Yorkfield 2.5GHz with 8g of ram runs it with ease, and I've got a low-end ATI Radeon HD 4550 video card in it (my computers are almost as old as CapnScurvy - and me!) .

... and for the team, "Thanks" for the thanks, Sniper450.

Last edited by propbeanie; 11-05-16 at 10:01 AM. Reason: Thank you Sniper450
Old 11-05-16, 10:49 AM   #2484
Rockin Robbins
Navy Seal

There are some Japanese ships missing from v0.28. We'll release the fix as a patch rather than update the mod. The patch will be incorporated into future releases, so this is a one time only patch. BBIse was the canary in the coal mine on that one. We'll have the patch ready tomorrow.
Old 11-05-16, 04:56 PM   #2485
cdrsubron7
Sink'em All

Downloads: 305
Uploads: 1

I just got home from work and have d/led v0.28 Beta. The outside folder says v0.28 Beta, the inside folder says v0.27 Beta. Is this the way it's supposed to be?

Head Deep and Keep'em Astern" - LtCDR Samuel D Dealy
SHIV Guide | Imperial Japanese Navy | US Submarines

cdrsubron7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-16, 05:30 PM   #2486
cdrsubron7
Sink'em All

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockin Robbins View Post
There are some Japanese ships missing from v0.28. We'll release the fix as a patch rather than update the mod. The patch will be incorporated into future releases, so this is a one time only patch. BBIse was the canary in the coal mine on that one. We'll have the patch ready tomorrow.

Now I'm confused. I'm seeing both Ise BBs in the Museum.

Old 11-05-16, 06:19 PM   #2487
propbeanie

If he's like me, old eyes, he mixed up the Ise and the Fuso...

I haven't "found" any missing yet, if that makes any Yogi Bera sense...

Old 11-05-16, 06:30 PM   #2488
s7rikeback
I break things

Downloads: 1106
Uploads: 10

Default Missing Ships

The original v0.27 with the new Campaign files, had several vessels from the IJN roster missing.

I was tinkering and did a museum test and found a few IJN CL's were gone from the Japan roster..

Yes, had me second set of eye's on.
Old 11-05-16, 07:06 PM   #2489
cdrsubron7
Sink'em All

Quote:
Originally Posted by propbeanie View Post
If he's like me, old eyes, he mixed up the Ise and the Fuso...

I haven't "found" any missing yet, if that makes any Yogi Bera sense...
I think not, sir.

Old 11-05-16, 07:33 PM   #2490
cdrsubron7
Sink'em All

A couple of other things to note. One being I'm still getting the German crash dive alarm when crash diving in an American sub. The other is the German insignia on the stack of this Japanese Maru.