SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH4 Mods Workshop > SH4 Mission Designers' Forum
Forget password? Reset here

Old 04-13-07, 02:28 PM   #1
Hazelwood
Bosun

Downloads: 2
Uploads: 0
Default Editor Weirdness

I have been using the SHIV editor with great results for about 2 weeks. Over the last couple of days something strange has happened. When I open a mission (either new or existing) I cannot see the docks/harbors at any zoom level (even zoomed out they should appear as black dots). They are, however, on the map during actual mission play. This problem makes it impossible to position vessels in port while editing. I have SHIV installed on two machines and same problem on both. I tried bringing up the "canned" missions by UBI with same result: no docks. I am quite confident I have done something to myself but it's a real mystery just what. I have reviewed and fidled with all the editor settings. I distinctly recall seeing docks and ports when first using the editor so was very surprised when re-install did not help.

I tried re-installing SHIV (with the patch, of course) on one machine but no dice. I anyone has someting to suggest I would be most grateful for the information.

best wishes,
Cpt. J. Hazelwood / the "Haddock"
Hazelwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-07, 03:17 PM   #2
CaptainCox
Sea Lord

Downloads: 4

Well can only say I have had some pretty weird stuff going on with SH4. Files playing even if I deleted them etc...I thought it was a VISTA prob...always solved it (worst case) by reinstalling my saved image of VISTA using "ACRONIS TRUE IMAGE" thank God for that prog! Can't help you more then have sympathy etc...I had this prob (reinstall) 2 times since the game came out.
Old 04-13-07, 03:35 PM   #3
Egan
Admiral

Downloads: 15

All the docks are in the Campaign/ loc. mis file ( I think,) But i've never been able to see the port buildings and so on whilst editing or making new missions. It would be kind of handy to have. I wonder how you got it the first time around?
Egan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-07, 04:57 PM   #4
Hazelwood
Bosun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Egan
All the docks are in the Campaign/ loc. mis file ( I think,) But i've never been able to see the port buildings and so on whilst editing or making new missions. It would be kind of handy to have. I wonder how you got it the first time around?
Hi Egan and CptC,

Thanks for the replies. Any information - even knowing others have the same problem - can prove helpful. I hope other mission builders will weigh-in on this topic.

I will be experimenting further and if I find anything will submit a report here.

This sim is so wonderful but problems like this take away some of the "gloss". They have all the big pieces just right but the details need work to achieve true greatness.

No idea why I could see the ports earlier on but remember them well. How very odd!

best wishes,

Cpt. J. Hazelwood / the "Haddock"
Old 04-13-07, 05:39 PM   #5
Binky1st
Bosun

Downloads: 1

Simply Merge the Campaigns/Campaign/Campaign_LOC.mis file with your current mission but leave the Mark merged data as saveable unchecked so it does not save when you save your mission. Zooming right in on a port will dislpy it in more detail.

Merging The Campaign_NMS.mis file into your mission in the same way as above displays the Names of the oceans as well

hope this helps
Binky1st is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-07, 06:26 PM   #6
L3TUC3
Mate

Downloads: 3
Uploads: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Binky1st
Simply Merge the Campaigns/Campaign/Campaign_LOC.mis file with your current mission but leave the Mark merged data as saveable unchecked so it does not save when you save your mission. Zooming right in on a port will dislpy it in more detail.

Merging The Campaign_NMS.mis file into your mission in the same way as above displays the Names of the oceans as well

hope this helps
Very useful info Binky, this should help me out a lot.
L3TUC3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-07, 09:55 AM   #7
Hazelwood
Bosun

[QUOTE=Binky1st]Simply Merge the Campaigns/Campaign/Campaign_LOC.mis file with your current mission but leave the Mark merged data as saveable unchecked so it does not save when you save your mission. Zooming right in on a port will dislpy it in more detail.

Binky,

Worked like a charm. You are truly a scholar (for knowing this) and a gentleman (for sharing). I just merged right over an existing mission and all the ports are now there. How nice - and easy

Best wishes,
Cpt. J. Hazelwood / SS "Haddock"
Old 04-14-07, 03:12 PM   #8
Binky1st
Bosun

Downloads: 1

Always glad to help
Binky1st is offline   Reply With Quote