SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > Silent Hunter III
Forget password? Reset here

Old 03-25-20, 07:50 PM   #1
Ekaton
Watch

Downloads: 117
Uploads: 0
Default Save editing

I’ve just finished my first patrol after re-installing GWX and by mid-October 1939 I managed to sink almost 70.000 tons, including warships. After returning to base, however, I got nothing - not even Iron Class 2nd class. This seems very ahistorical, especially since the game awarded multiple awards for my men, including crosses. I want to edit the save to add at least iron crosses after this patrol, how can I do it? Especially, how can I do this without having the game award them again later?

I remember doing this a while ago - medals were properly displayed in my SH3 Commander file but the game would not “see” them and award them again on the next patrol, meaning I would now have, e.g. two Iron Crosses 2nd Class, how can I prevent that?

I know that this is technically cheating, but I treat SH3 as a WWII story generator, and this just seems insane - a captain who is by far the best in the U-Bootwaffe doesn’t get a single award after returning home.
Old 03-26-20, 10:09 AM   #2
Pisces
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 300
Uploads: 0

It may have been due to changing crew or upgrades before starting the first patrol. This can cause tonnage and renown to not be awarded. Go out in the way the crew and ship is assigned, for a duration of at least 24 hours and minimum travel distance 50+ km. In the next patrol you can change at will.

As for the solution to fix this awarding of medals. I only know that you can do it with SH3 Commander, but never done this myself. And you already knew about it also. So sorry for not being much help in that.