SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SHIII Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 12-20-09, 05:02 PM   #1381
Magic1111
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 783
Uploads: 0

Hallo DD !

Habe heute mal Deinen MOD mit LivingSilentHunter V5 und einem Typ VII (bisher nur mit GWX und Typ IX) getestet. Installation, usw. gar kein Problem, funktioniert alles tadellos !

Aber es haben sich doch noch Fragen, bzw. "Kritikpunkte" ergeben.
Bitte schau Dir zunächst mal den Screenshot an:

1.) Durch die vielen Würste habe ich leider keine Sicht mehr auf die Instrumente. Auch wenn diese sicherlich im Laufe der FF weniger werden, so stört mich das doch sehr !

> Kann man die Würste im Sichtfeld auf die Instrumente nicht weglassen ?

2.) Die Position der Kamera in der Zentrale ist mir zu weit hinten Richtung Turm / Leiter. Ich würde gerne näher zum LI "stehen", also mehr Richtung Schott.

> Ist es möglich / sinnvoll, die "eigene" Position mehr Richtung LI zu verändern ?

3.) Wenn ich die Brückenansicht anklicke, sodaß ich mich selber neben dem WO auf dem Turm / Brücke befinde, kann man ja sofort mit den Pfeiltasten die freie Kamera in Bewegung setzen und sich frei auf dem Turm bewegen. Wenn ich nun zu einer anderen Station (z.B. in die Zentrale od. Navikarte, usw) wechsele und von dort wieder zurück auf den Turm, befinde ich mich mit der Kamera an der Position, an dem ich auf dem Turm zuletzt war. Und das stört mich.

> Ist es möglich, dass man sich bei erneuter Rückkehr auf dem Turm wieder in der Standardposition befindet, egal an welcher Stelle des Turmes man sich beim Verlassen der Turmansicht vorher befunden hat ? Falls dies nicht möglich ist, kann man die feste Turmansicht wieder haben (ohne freie Bewegung) ?

Vielen Dank für die Beantwortung meiner Fragen ! Falls das Eine od. Andere zwar möglich ist, aber eigentlich nicht für die Allgemeinheit, würde ich mich sehr darüber freuen, wenn Du mir vielleicht was in einer PM mitteilen könntest, wie was zu ändern wäre !!!

Viele Grüße,
M4x1
Old 12-20-09, 06:02 PM   #1382
DivingDuck
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 10
Uploads: 1

Moin,

@Gozo:

the fix is based on "OLC 'Gold' MkII". As you (by now) most probably know it contains only a modified 'cameras.dat' and the 'commands_xxx.cfg' files. All files have been taken from OLC´s Gold MkII and been adjusted for OH / needed entries for OH have been added.

Re the dials in periscope view, as you have enabled ACM on top of the fix, the adjusted 'commands.cfg' becomes obsolete. Don´t know whether ACM alters cameras.dat too. If so, this file as well gets overwritten. Therefore the fix for OLC´s GUI is overruled and will not work. As a result you will lose the key commands to trigger the animations.

If you enable OH after ACM, provided ACM alters 'commands.cfg', some dials in 2D views may not work, as you showed in your screenie.

I´ve just checked OLC´s cameras.dat. It does not feature different zoom levels. But there is an easy way to get as many zoom levels as you like. Open the cameras.dat with S3D.

Open any of the red marked views to access the sub node 'Optical'. Right click on 'ZoomLevels [1]' to add an array item. Add as many as you want. Afterwards adjust the new zoom levels to your liking. ATTN, the cross hair readings / markings will make no sense in other zoom levels than '1'. I reckon that was the reason for OLC to delete them.

Here´s my advise on how to make ACM/OLC compatible with OH.
  1. create a mod that contains
    • the ACM 'commands.cfg' file(s) and
    • the OLC 'cameras.dat'.
  2. open the 'commands.cfg' and adjust / add the entries as described on page #4 of the installation manual
  3. add zoom levels to 'cameras.dat' as shown above

@M4x1:

Quote:

1.) Durch die vielen Würste habe ich leider keine Sicht mehr auf die Instrumente. Auch wenn diese sicherlich im Laufe der FF weniger werden, so stört mich das doch sehr !

> Kann man die Würste im Sichtfeld auf die Instrumente nicht weglassen ?
eat more, eat faster. LOL. Or open CR7.dat and search for 'salam_intreg_V01' - 'salam_intreg_V10'. Delete all these nodes, including child nodes + 'salam_bundle_13' and child nodes to get rid of this row of salamis.

Quote:
2.) Die Position der Kamera in der Zentrale ist mir zu weit hinten Richtung Turm / Leiter. Ich würde gerne näher zum LI "stehen", also mehr Richtung Schott.

> Ist es möglich / sinnvoll, die "eigene" Position mehr Richtung LI zu verändern ?
Yep, it´s possible. Search for 'Dmy_INTCAM1' and move along the z-axis to get closer to the chief helmsman.

Quote:
3.) Wenn ich die Brückenansicht anklicke, sodaß ich mich selber neben dem WO auf dem Turm / Brücke befinde, kann man ja sofort mit den Pfeiltasten die freie Kamera in Bewegung setzen und sich frei auf dem Turm bewegen. Wenn ich nun zu einer anderen Station (z.B. in die Zentrale od. Navikarte, usw) wechsele und von dort wieder zurück auf den Turm, befinde ich mich mit der Kamera an der Position, an dem ich auf dem Turm zuletzt war. Und das stört mich.

> Ist es möglich, dass man sich bei erneuter Rückkehr auf dem Turm wieder in der Standardposition befindet, egal an welcher Stelle des Turmes man sich beim Verlassen der Turmansicht vorher befunden hat ? Falls dies nicht möglich ist, kann man die feste Turmansicht wieder haben (ohne freie Bewegung) ?
I, for myself, prefer the fixed view on conning deck. But as I have been asked to free it... Of course it´s possible to fix it again. But this requires a little bit more of editing the 'cameras.dat'. First of all, the 'FreeMove' sub node has to be deleted. But you will have to re-introduce other child nodes that restrict rotation. But I don´t recall the needed values right now.

Regards,
DD
DivingDuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-09, 04:22 AM   #1383
Magic1111
Silent Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by DivingDuck View Post
Moin,

@M4x1:

eat more, eat faster. LOL. Or open CR7.dat and search for 'salam_intreg_V01' - 'salam_intreg_V10'. Delete all these nodes, including child nodes + 'salam_bundle_13' and child nodes to get rid of this row of salamis.

Yep, it´s possible. Search for 'Dmy_INTCAM1' and move along the z-axis to get closer to the chief helmsman.

I, for myself, prefer the fixed view on conning deck. But as I have been asked to free it... Of course it´s possible to fix it again. But this requires a little bit more of editing the 'cameras.dat'. First of all, the 'FreeMove' sub node has to be deleted. But you will have to re-introduce other child nodes that restrict rotation. But I don´t recall the needed values right now.

Regards,
DD
Moin DD !

Vielen Dank für die Beantwortung ! Na, dann mach ich mich heute Abend mal an die Bearbeitung der Dateien und bring den S3D zum glühen...

Viele Grüße,
M4x1
Old 12-21-09, 08:57 AM   #1384
thoomsn
A-ganger

Downloads: 252

Ahoj Diving Duck!

Once again a great modification made by a great modder! I checked your animated hatch using a type VII and (currently) a type IX and here is what came out: PERFECT! No probs or broken fingers caused by a suddenly closing hatch. Your mod works just as described in the readme. Very nice is the idea with that food vanishing while on patrol. And those little lamps of the "Bordabsperrungs-Meldeanlage" (it's not the "Weihnachtsbaum" - that name was used for the "Flut- und Lenzverteiler" which is located right beside the Tiefensteuerstand, but anyway!). So here's my Lagemeldung: "10.4.42-1601/EC-3736 + Zentrale-Modifikationen für Typen 7 u. 9 unter Frontbedingungen getestet + voll see- und tauchklar + gute Arbeit! + thoomsn/U 173."
thoomsn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-09, 11:10 AM   #1385
flakmonkey
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 78

Just a couple of small issues to report with the typeIX interior. Im more of a type 7 man normally but just for a change ive switched to an IXc boat and have noticed a couple of small things whith radioroom geometry protruding into the control room, not game breaking stuff i know...

Old 12-21-09, 03:14 PM   #1386
DivingDuck
Grey Wolf

Moin,

Quote:
Originally Posted by thoomsn View Post
Ahoj Diving Duck!

Once again a great modification made by a great modder! I checked your animated hatch using a type VII and (currently) a type IX and here is what came out: PERFECT! No probs or broken fingers caused by a suddenly closing hatch. Your mod works just as described in the readme. Very nice is the idea with that food vanishing while on patrol. And those little lamps of the "Bordabsperrungs-Meldeanlage" (it's not the "Weihnachtsbaum" - that name was used for the "Flut- und Lenzverteiler" which is located right beside the Tiefensteuerstand, but anyway!). So here's my Lagemeldung: "10.4.42-1601/EC-3736 + Zentrale-Modifikationen für Typen 7 u. 9 unter Frontbedingungen getestet + voll see- und tauchklar + gute Arbeit! + thoomsn/U 173."
thanks for the report, your appretiation and your clarification regarding Xmas tree. Didn´t find any useful info about this particular device in my books. So, I´m grateful for any corrective hint.

Quote:
Originally Posted by flakmonkey View Post
Just a couple of small issues to report with the typeIX interior. Im more of a type 7 man normally but just for a change ive switched to an IXc boat and have noticed a couple of small things whith radioroom geometry protruding into the control room, not game breaking stuff i know...
Nitpicker! Report to the captain´s bunk immediately! Bring your onion peeler! Or even better a (flak)monkey wrench and a paintbrush.
I´ll see whether I can do anything about this issue.

Btw, congratz on your award. You´ve earned it. Your sig is marvelous.

Regards,
DD

PS: Here´s a new DD_OH_V3.09_ConningDeckCam_Fix_20091216221109.7z. It will restore full interactivity with the watch officer. The officer does not stop his scanning when addressed. Only after giving any order he will turn towards your default conning deck position, shout the order into the mega and continue his scanning cycle. Btw, I´m considering to re-fix the conning deck cam. It causes nothing but trouble to have it free.
Old 12-22-09, 03:52 AM   #1387
Magic1111
Silent Hunter

Quote:
Moin,

PS: Here´s a new DD_OH_V3.09_ConningDeckCam_Fix_20091216221109.7z. It will restore full interactivity with the watch officer. The officer does not stop his scanning when addressed. Only after giving any order he will turn towards your default conning deck position, shout the order into the mega and continue his scanning cycle. Btw, I´m considering to re-fix the conning deck cam. It causes nothing but trouble to have it free.
Moin !

Many thanks for the Fix, DD !

Best regards,
Magic
Old 12-22-09, 04:56 AM   #1388
GOZO
Commander

Downloads: 176

Quote:
@Gozo:

the fix is based on "OLC 'Gold' MkII". As you (by now) most probably know it contains only a modified 'cameras.dat' and the 'commands_xxx.cfg' files. All files have been taken from OLC´s Gold MkII and been adjusted for OH / needed entries for OH have been added.

Re the dials in periscope view, as you have enabled ACM on top of the fix, the adjusted 'commands.cfg' becomes obsolete. Don´t know whether ACM alters cameras.dat too. If so, this file as well gets overwritten. Therefore the fix for OLC´s GUI is overruled and will not work. As a result you will lose the key commands to trigger the animations.

If you enable OH after ACM, provided ACM alters 'commands.cfg', some dials in 2D views may not work, as you showed in your screenie.

I´ve just checked OLC´s cameras.dat. It does not feature different zoom levels. But there is an easy way to get as many zoom levels as you like. Open the cameras.dat with S3D.

Open any of the red marked views to access the sub node 'Optical'. Right click on 'ZoomLevels [1]' to add an array item. Add as many as you want. Afterwards adjust the new zoom levels to your liking. ATTN, the cross hair readings / markings will make no sense in other zoom levels than '1'. I reckon that was the reason for OLC to delete them.

Here´s my advise on how to make ACM/OLC compatible with OH.
  1. create a mod that contains
    • the ACM 'commands.cfg' file(s) and
    • the OLC 'cameras.dat'.
  2. open the 'commands.cfg' and adjust / add the entries as described on page #4 of the installation manual
  3. add zoom levels to 'cameras.dat' as shown above
Fantastic DD. Thanks for your patience as well.

A noob like me may learn something in the end after all......

Cheers and

Freuliche Weinachten und Prost neujahr!!!!

/GOZO

SHIV:TMo 2.5, RSRD, SCAF OLC, Ralle's modpack
SHIV: WDAD, Med Campaign
SHIII: GWX3 GOLD, OLCII Gold, ACM-reloaded interface mod, SHIIIcmndr 3.2, Full Realism/DiD
SHIII: LSH3 2015
Cold Waters with all bells and whistles
Finally SHV but still unmodded and still a noob....
GOZO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-09, 05:31 AM   #1389
Ktl_KUrtz
Frogman

Downloads: 800
Uploads: 8

Is this patch compatable with Stock 1.4b?
If not what is the best patch to use with above?
A great mod, I congratulate you DD!
KUrtz
Ktl_KUrtz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-09, 05:50 AM   #1390
DivingDuck
Grey Wolf

Moin,

@M4x1 and Gozo:
you´re welcome. Happy holidays to you too!

@Ktl_KUrtz:
what patch are you referring to exactly? The mod itself works with stock 1.4b. The new ConningDeckCam fix too.

Regards,
DD
Old 12-22-09, 06:16 AM   #1391
Ktl_KUrtz
Frogman

Downloads: 800
Uploads: 8

Cool DD,
Question answered.
My mistake, I meant to ask if the swinging open hatch worked with Stock or if not what version should I use?
KUrtz
Ktl_KUrtz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-09, 09:16 AM   #1392
lucagaeta
Torpedoman

Downloads: 50
Default [Rel]full Open the hatch beta 0.4

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/album.php?albumid=151

For DivingDuck please continue my modest work
[Rel]full Open the hatch beta 0.4
this mod is JSGME ready for ful functions request file DD_OH_V3.09_20091209162038 by DivingDuck
this mod is on base of file DD_OH_V3.09_20091209162038 by DivingDuck
for all informations refer to this tread http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=104514
full Open the hatch beta 0.4 open control tower. This mod makes free navigation inside the type 7
used Ctrl + F2 to enter in free cam
in free cam inside control tower You can turn all gauge

bugs
problem with all cam in control tower

this mod is freely used and distributed
Credits:
--------
DivingDuck
Skwasjer - S3D
http://www.filefront.com/15201063/fu...4_two_file.zip

Last edited by lucagaeta; 12-23-09 at 09:39 AM.
lucagaeta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-09, 09:23 AM   #1393
Magic1111
Silent Hunter

Moin DD !

Ist es eigentlich möglich, dass man in der Zentrale (Typ VII) die Animation des Aus- und Einfahrens des Beobachtungsperiskops (Luftzielsehrohr) auch sehen kann (dass die Animation also auch stattfindet), wenn man den Befehl zum Aus- oder Einfahren über die Integrated Orders (also die Befehls-Icon des Waffenoffiziers) gibt ? Bisher findet ja nur die Animation statt, wenn man mit Shift+O oder Strg+O das Beobachtungsperiskop (Luftzielsehrohr) ein- oder ausfahren lässt !

Viele Grüße,
M4x1
Old 12-30-09, 03:15 PM   #1394
DivingDuck
Grey Wolf

Moin,

@lucagaeta:
I´ll have a look at your work. I´ve been asked to open this hatch since the very first release of OH. So this seems the point of no return and the call to incorporate it. I´ll give it a thought.

@M4x1:
This would, most certainly, be possible. But it would also mean to alter the 'menu_1024_768.ini' and break a lot of other mods, especially GUI mods. So, I don´t reckon I will provide a version like this. Sorry.

Regards,
DD
Old 12-30-09, 04:47 PM   #1395
Magic1111
Silent Hunter

Quote:
Moin,

@M4x1:
This would, most certainly, be possible. But it would also mean to alter the 'menu_1024_768.ini' and break a lot of other mods, especially GUI mods. So, I don´t reckon I will provide a version like this. Sorry.

Regards,
DD
Aaahh, alles klar, verstehe ! Danke trotzdem für die Antwort !!!

Viele Grüße,
M4x1