SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SHIII Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 12-07-09, 03:43 PM   #1306
LGN1
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 147
Uploads: 12

Hi,

I have just tested the new version without the DFa_UpDnRot_Flags_final mod and it works fine. Since the only file the two mods have in common is the commands_*.cfg file, I guess there is an ID problem

Best, LGN1
LGN1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-09, 04:03 PM   #1307
DivingDuck
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 10
Uploads: 1

Moin,

for those who want to change the triggering depth for the helmsmen vanishing, try these tweak files. I´ve managed to upload them to SubSim only today. Open them with MiniTweaker and change the values for "minimum" and "maximum". I recommend to use a max difference of 0.001 between both values. If you want to "disable" this feature, set both values to 0.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Padvotke View Post
Ups, yeah, my bad now I enabled DD_OH_V3.09_Fix_for_OLC_GUI_001 very last one and OLCG2 menu controls are functioning again.However I'm still getting message "Radio Antenna destroyed, sir" when the game loads..Don't know if I use the latest version but it is called DFa_UpDnRot_Flags_final
This is what I'm using. But animations no longer working too. Hatch and obs periscope ain't working/moving
According to your screenie it should work without a problem. I will check it and report back. I faintly remember to have heard about the "Radio Antenna destroyed" problem occuring with GWX. I´ll see whether I can find the post in question.

Quote:
Originally Posted by flakmonkey View Post
Since in theory the planesmen would be part of the watch crew that has just vacated the bridge could not their appearance in the control room positions be linked to the watch crew disappearing or even to the player giving a command to dive??
That´s just what I´m after.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LGN1 View Post
Hi DD,

first of all, thanks for all your great work! Unfortunately, I also have the same problem as Padvotke, i.e., the Funkantenne is destroyed at the beginning of a mission (I tested the navigation training in the academy), the hatch is closed and cannot be opened (although the handle moves), and the observation scope is not animated (although shift+o and strg+o works fine)

Best, LGN1

PS: I use the DFa_UpDnRot_Flags_final mod.
I had the problem with missing animation(s) too some time back. IIRC it worked out after disabling and re-enabling the mods.

Quote:
Hi,

I have just tested the new version without the DFa_UpDnRot_Flags_final mod and it works fine. Since the only file the two mods have in common is the commands_*.cfg file, I guess there is an ID problem

Best, LGN1
Thanks for reporting back. Allthough the commands_*.cfg gets overwritten by OH, every needed entry for Dfa_UpDnRot_Flags_final is present in the basic OH_V3.09´s version of the commands.cfg file already. Please try to disable and re-enable the affected mods for testing.

Regards,
DD
DivingDuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-09, 04:11 PM   #1308
java`s revenge
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 97
Uploads: 0

Divingduck can you also make a version (fix) for the makman gui ?
Old 12-07-09, 04:15 PM   #1309
DivingDuck
Grey Wolf

Moin,

I´ve found a mistake in my manual. The JSGME screenie needs to be amended like this:

The fix for DC shake is NOT TO BE USED together with OLC´s GOLD MkII GUI.
A new version of the manual is available for online reading here.

For those who want to change the triggering depth for the helmsmen vanishing, try these tweak files. I´ve managed to upload them to SubSim only today. Open them with MiniTweaker and change the values for "minimum" and "maximum". I recommend to use a max difference of 0.001 between both values. If you want to "disable" this feature, set both values to 0.

Regards,
DD
Old 12-07-09, 04:31 PM   #1310
DivingDuck
Grey Wolf

Moin,
Quote:
Originally Posted by java`s revenge View Post
Divingduck can you also make a version (fix) for the makman gui ?
IIRC 'makman' offered to make a fix whenever OH has reached final state. But I´m considering to make a hotfix, at least for V3.09. Just have to search for a dl link of his mod. But don´t nail me down on it.

Regards,
DD
Old 12-07-09, 05:59 PM   #1311
LGN1
Ace of the Deep

Hi DD,

thanks for the reply. I tried to disable and re-enable the mods, but it did not help. I also did a restart. Still the same. I only use the DFa_UpDnRot_Flags_final mod and on top your new version with a clean GWX installation. The flag works fine and also the grammophone works fine. However, the Funkantenne is missing (empty housing) and neither the periscope nor the hatch is animated (the handle of the hatch moves).

I always use the first mission in the academy for testing. Has no one else the same problem?

Best, LGN1
Old 12-07-09, 06:22 PM   #1312
LGN1
Ace of the Deep

I did some further tests. It seems the problem occurs only with the VIIB and with the first turm. For the VIIC and VIIB with the second turm it is fine

Best, LGN1
Old 12-07-09, 06:44 PM   #1313
Anvart
Admiral

Downloads: 122

I already wrote, that would be more correct to apply StateMachine System for disappearance/appearance of helmsmen(s) ...

Moses said: "Don't create yourself an idol"...
Anvart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-09, 08:56 PM   #1314
ViperU48
Torpedoman

Downloads: 58

I need to check these forums more often, I may have almost been helpful for someone around here.

So far I've found that for the disappearing helmsmen, a minimum/maximum of 10.455/10.456 is a good trade-off. This way in stormy weather, it will be somewhat rare for the helmsmen to appear and disappear instantaneously, and the boat will be submerged for only 1-3 seconds before the helmsmen appear as they should in real life.
Old 12-07-09, 11:00 PM   #1315
DivingDuck
Grey Wolf

Moin,

Quote:
Originally Posted by DivingDuck View Post

DD_OH_V3.09_20091204224112 released

Quote:
I did some further tests. It seems the problem occurs only with the VIIB and with the first turm. For the VIIC and VIIB with the second turm it is fine

Best, LGN1
thanks for the info. That´s something to work with.

@Anvart:
I knew this would fire back. I´m working on this.

@ViperU48:
thanks for sharing your findings.

Regards,
DD

PS: DD_OH_V3.09_TweakFiles.7z
Old 12-08-09, 12:07 AM   #1316
Rapt0r56
Commodore

Downloads: 391

Quote:
DD_OH_V3.09_20091204224112
Schaut schon richtig klasse aus auf den ersten blick, habe erst am Wochenende wieder Zeit auf Feindfahrt zu gehen und alles zu testen.
Jetzt da die neue OH version da ist kann ich meine Instruments mod auf 3.0 updaten, werde dafür noch den Angriffssehror Schacht retexturieren und villeicht einige neue Platten Cover beilegen.

Auf jedenfall wieder super Arbeit, mir ist besonders aufgefallen dass diese merkwürdigen schwarzen flecken (Schatten?) vom oberen teil des Obs Peri entfernt wurde. Sieht nun weitaus besser aus!
“The sea is everything. It covers seven tenths of the terrestrial globe. Its breath is pure and healthy. It is an immense desert, where man is never lonely, for he feels life stirring on all sides. The sea is only the embodiment of a supernatural and wonderful existence. It is nothing but love and emotion; it is the Living Infinite. ” ― Jules Verne, Twenty Thousand Leagues Under The Sea
My modifications for Ubisoft's SHIII can currently be found in Maik's comprehensive archives found via the Silent Hunter 3 Tab on his website: https://maikhaas.synology.me/joomla/index.php?lang=de/
Rapt0r56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-09, 05:36 AM   #1317
Anvart
Admiral

Downloads: 122

Quote:
Originally Posted by DivingDuck View Post
Moin,
@Anvart:
I knew this would fire back. I´m working on this.
Regards,
DD
SMS ... SMCtl ... это самый простой и надежный путь (нажал клавишу - отдал команду for disappearance или "уловил" AnyWatch commands... плюс some subs states and so on) ... "Gold reserve" можно экономить и использовать только одну команду для начала и конца акции ... для этого строим специфичную логику в новом SMClass...

Moses said: "Don't create yourself an idol"...

Last edited by Anvart; 12-08-09 at 05:53 AM.
Anvart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-09, 05:53 AM   #1318
makman94
Hellas

Downloads: 182
Uploads: 7

Quote:
Hi DD,

thanks for the reply. I tried to disable and re-enable the mods, but it did not help. I also did a restart. Still the same. I only use the DFa_UpDnRot_Flags_final mod and on top your new version with a clean GWX installation. The flag works fine and also the grammophone works fine. However, the Funkantenne is missing (empty housing) and neither the periscope nor the hatch is animated (the handle of the hatch moves).

I always use the first mission in the academy for testing. Has no one else the same problem?

Best, LGN1
exactly same issues here ! DD something is not ok with the files of your last release....better check them again

Mediafire page:http://www.mediafire.com/folder/da50.../Makman94_Mods
makman94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-09, 12:28 PM   #1319
LGN1
Ace of the Deep

Hi DD,

I have found out that the IDs of Node 199 and Node 201 in Anvart's Turm7b_1_hd.dat are also used in your files. I will check whether this causes the problems.

Cheers, LGN1
Old 12-08-09, 12:41 PM   #1320
Alex
Dominant Wolf

Downloads: 30

Just wanted to say that the mod works fine at my end (I run SH3 with GWX 3.0 and some other mods)... And no bug noticed.

I don't know what to think about the reports sent, actually ... And hope you guys will get SH3 to run smoothly very soon once again !