SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH4 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 05-13-21, 07:45 AM   #3256
Noobicum4Ever
Torpedoman

Downloads: 36
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Mardigan View Post
Page 1 of this thread... post 1... right under the section tagged, ''history''... can't miss it.
Thank you!
Noobicum4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-21, 12:58 PM   #3257
Mad Mardigan
Admiral

Downloads: 491

SHO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noobicum4Ever View Post
Thank you!
Ahoy, Noobicum4Ever...

No sweat.. glad to assist in your locating the proper area to grab a d/l of the mod.

Enjoy.. & sink some targets... fair winds, smooth seas & Good huntin'.

M. M.

Old 05-14-21, 03:34 PM   #3258
flush deck
Mate

Downloads: 55
Uploads: 2

Hi guys,

Thanks for your supports
Some update on the texture stuff, and a bit of colour..

Camo version here, I finally manage to have the good colours for IJN, and some good references for the scheme.

Asashio

Mutsuki

And some update from the list with the Shiratsuyu.

Stay tuned

Against the overwhelming odds
flush deck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-21, 10:46 PM   #3259
Mad Mardigan
Admiral

SHO

Quote:
Originally Posted by flush deck View Post
Hi guys,

Thanks for your supports
Some update on the texture stuff, and a bit of colour..

Camo version here, I finally manage to have the good colours for IJN, and some good references for the scheme.

Asashio

Mutsuki

And some update from the list with the Shiratsuyu.

Stay tuned
Ahoy, flush deck...

Cool beans.. Thanks for the update, looking good. Can't wait to see your work incorp'ed into FotRS.

M. M.

Old 05-16-21, 12:58 AM   #3260
flaminus
Sparky

Downloads: 502
Uploads: 5

Yesterday I ended a patrol with a salmon in late Dec 1942, Fremantle and the new departure date is Jan, 1943. When the new patrol started, I found that the paint scheme of the sub didn't change to M32(light bule) and it's still M9(dark). The paint scheme should change after 1943-01-01 according to the Roster files definition. If we start a new career after 1943, the M32 could be correctly applied but it seems not functional in a existed career.

In my previous career, I got a gato in Feb 1943 and that new sub is also painted with M9 scheme.

Of course it's easy to fix by making a mod with renamed texure files, but any in-game method to get M32 would be much better.
flaminus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-21, 08:40 AM   #3261
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 439

It's easy to tie my shoes also, but if I don't have them on, what does it matter? Something else important has to happen to the sub, namely, you have to get the new conning tower that takes the M32 scheme. Similar happens with certain onboard gear. You have to have the conning tower that accepts it. Qualifying for the new conn also begins on 1st Jan 1943. Conning towers are one of the worst "upgrades" in the game, since they come in lieu of a new boat. If a new boat is available, you will get a new boat instead of a conning tower. If you refuse the new boat, you are also refusing a new conn. If you qualify for a new boat, and there are none available at that time, then you will be offered a new conning tower, if there is one of those available. There is no way to change that game behavior. If you start a new career after 1 Jan 1943, you do get the new conn. Go figure.

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-21, 10:22 AM   #3262
flaminus
Sparky

Quote:
Originally Posted by propbeanie View Post
It's easy to tie my shoes also, but if I don't have them on, what does it matter? Something else important has to happen to the sub, namely, you have to get the new conning tower that takes the M32 scheme. Similar happens with certain onboard gear. You have to have the conning tower that accepts it. Qualifying for the new conn also begins on 1st Jan 1943. Conning towers are one of the worst "upgrades" in the game, since they come in lieu of a new boat. If a new boat is available, you will get a new boat instead of a conning tower. If you refuse the new boat, you are also refusing a new conn. If you qualify for a new boat, and there are none available at that time, then you will be offered a new conning tower, if there is one of those available. There is no way to change that game behavior. If you start a new career after 1 Jan 1943, you do get the new conn. Go figure.
Everyone knows if we start a new career after 1 Jan 1943, we can get the new conn and right paint scheme. But as a simulation game, you can not exclude the players who want to start their career from the beginning of war and go through the whole pacific campaign with right upgrading process.

Many people have mentioned the issue of conning tower upgrade, it seems something related to the "sh4.exe" and can not be moded. However, we can get a new conn just by editing save files,(https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/dow...o=file&id=5726). It's not a problem at all.

Actually, TMO mod already make paint scheme available by making it as a upgrade slot of the sub, FotRSU can do the same thing.
Old 05-16-21, 02:36 PM   #3263
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 439

Edit the Save files all you want to. We cannot mod that remotely, and that is the only way to do this. Be forewarned that any little sneeze or bobble while editing the Save folders can and will trash a career, so always make a back-up first. FotRSU has that as an upgrade already. You cannot get a new paint scheme unless you have the new conning tower. You cannot get the new conning tower unless you have earned enough points and it is after 1 January 1943. Generally speaking, the game will give you a new Balao boat before it will give you a new Gato conning tower. That is the nature of the game and the UpgradeClass setting in the upc file.

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-21, 03:40 PM   #3264
KaleunMarco
Silent Hunter

Location: Chicago area, which is more dangerous than Omaha Beach.
Downloads: 433
Uploads: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by propbeanie View Post
Edit the Save files all you want to. We cannot mod that remotely, and that is the only way to do this. Be forewarned that any little sneeze or bobble while editing the Save folders can and will trash a career, so always make a back-up first. FotRSU has that as an upgrade already. You cannot get a new paint scheme unless you have the new conning tower. You cannot get the new conning tower unless you have earned enough points and it is after 1 January 1943. Generally speaking, the game will give you a new Balao boat before it will give you a new Gato conning tower. That is the nature of the game and the UpgradeClass setting in the upc file.
sadly, what you say is the truth.
the manner in which this app is designed on the US Side makes it impossible to acquire an upgraded Conning Tower when there are Boat Upgrades available and merited.
after all of the patching and editing of savefiles, etc, the only way to keep your boat AND upgrade conning towers is to make all of the other boats have the same UpgradeClass= value as your current boat.
at the time you want to upgrade Boats, change UpgradeClass for the one boat you want to upgrade to and go out on your next mission.

------------------------------------------------------------
Silent Hunter 4 1.5 Gold Edition on CDROM
LAA enabled
Dell XPS with 32 GB Ram running Win10
KaleunMarco is online   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-21, 08:38 PM   #3265
flaminus
Sparky

Icon14

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaleunMarco View Post
sadly, what you say is the truth.
the manner in which this app is designed on the US Side makes it impossible to acquire an upgraded Conning Tower when there are Boat Upgrades available and merited.
after all of the patching and editing of savefiles, etc, the only way to keep your boat AND upgrade conning towers is to make all of the other boats have the same UpgradeClass= value as your current boat.
at the time you want to upgrade Boats, change UpgradeClass for the one boat you want to upgrade to and go out on your next mission.

this method sound cool. I'm going to make a small mod and test then
Old 05-16-21, 11:41 PM   #3266
Mad Mardigan
Admiral

wolf_howl15 Re: Status report...

Ahoy team...

Per last post, in which I mentioned of reloading last save from FotRS v1.46, loaded up, then managed to finish off the patrol area. Only issue I ran across, was not finding some merchants that I had as a.. 2ndary objective. Went to hot foot it back to Manila to attempt to resupply, but.. just as I got nerly there.. got message saying that the port facilities of Marveles (sp?) were destroyed. being low on torps., fair amount of Deck/flak ammo & close to 1/2 tanks.. decided to hot foot it to Surabaya.

Upon reaching the new port base.. thought on it & just chucked it in & docked. Completed 2 of 3 objectives & bagged close to 50k tonnage.

After docking, checked on a couple of things & went for starting 2nd patrol.

Can report, that upon getting to the boat, after getting the primary objective.. gauges were back to normal.

End report...

M. M.

Old 05-17-21, 02:25 PM   #3267
SpectreMkX
Swabbie

Downloads: 178
Icon9 Mission Trouble?

Hey all, first time posting here, so I hope I don't break any rules or anything.
Regardless, I started a career with the Early '42 start date with the San Diego base start with an S-18 class boat. I did all the sea trials, and got to the fourth one that tells you to transfer to a different base so you could continue your game. I did so, but the assigned mission wouldn't change, it keeps the "This is the fourth sea trial but actually the first one again, transfer out if you want to not get a desk job" (clearly paraphrased) mission. Is there a way to change the assigned mission in the game files, or am I just boned?
SpectreMkX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-21, 02:30 PM   #3268
Mad Mardigan
Admiral

SHO

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpectreMkX View Post
Hey all, first time posting here, so I hope I don't break any rules or anything.
Regardless, I started a career with the Early '42 start date with the San Diego base start with an S-18 class boat. I did all the sea trials, and got to the fourth one that tells you to transfer to a different base so you could continue your game. I did so, but the assigned mission wouldn't change, it keeps the "This is the fourth sea trial but actually the first one again, transfer out if you want to not get a desk job" (clearly paraphrased) mission. Is there a way to change the assigned mission in the game files, or am I just boned?
Ahoy, SpectreMkX...

Don't keel haul Me, if I'm incorrect on this.. but... I think the sea trials, are pretty much.. borked, right now.. I cooouulllddd be mistaken..

Best advice.. since you just started off.. go into doc's where your game save for SH4 + FotRS is, scrap the save folder & restart.. & after in game, of resetting your settings & all.. then restart a career... & just avoid the sea trials, altogether for now..

M. M.

Old 05-17-21, 03:15 PM   #3269
SpectreMkX
Swabbie

Downloads: 178
Icon8

Damn, this displeases me. Oh well. Guess I'll immediately start in Alaska. Thanks for the response, though!
SpectreMkX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-21, 03:27 PM   #3270
Mad Mardigan
Admiral

SHO

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpectreMkX View Post
Damn, this displeases me. Oh well. Guess I'll immediately start in Alaska. Thanks for the response, though!
As stated, am NOT 100% sure on My info.. consider the difficulty faced by the jap codebreakers for the U.S navy & the difficulties faced by them..

they were able to piece together enough clues from bits here & there.. enough to give a fairly good accounting for their work.

On that note.. what I do know is.. propbeanie did say that He's trying to nail that down, to be useable.. but, it is a thorny area in as much as it goes, with SH4... so don't get too out of sorts about the bypassing it for now.. that was just My own suggestion to, for the time being.. to bypass that aspect for now.

Hopefully this info helps..

M. M.